Rarest prop replica (or real prop) you own

ticket.jpg

Rarest item(s) I own (though not props) would be an original invitation/ticket and program from the premiere of 'Back to the Future' in Hollywood in 1985. I don't know of anyone who has both.

ticket.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
2015-12-07 23.33.10.jpg
I know it's probably impossible to prove the authenticity, but this is supposedly an actual tribble from the original series. Probably one of only a handful still in existence. As the story goes, my mother's family was friends with someone who worked in Paramount's prop department in the late 60s/early 70s. He supposedly rescued a number of props from a dumpster after Paramount cleared out the left over Trek stuff. This little guy was among them.

Love the Warriors!! I was looking into getting a vest, but my BTTF collection has taken priority :p

I tried making my own vest a good few years ago but sadly didn't end up finishing it and I don't have it anymore, I have a full replica of the baseball furies costume though. Would love an accurate Warriors vest now. I'm just currently building my first ever hoverboard, I only have some paper props from BTTF that I printed myself. :D

I have a Tor Johnson mask made by fx guy Joe Riley. He shipped it to me on a friday...received it monday...sadly he passed away on Sunday while it was in transit...talked to some of my mask collector buddies, we think he made less than 10.

its got to be my dr charnard bust 1 of 2 and i still have not painted it, or the Edwards scissorhands ive just made 3 pairs made and im doing a run of only 5 at the minuet
391162_539852792725027_1111860712_n.jpgDSC_0099.JPG

I have a screen used severed hand from Evil Dead 2. You know, the one Ash chainsaws off! Won it in a Propstore of London/LA auction. Its one of only a couple that were made for the production. Screen used Aliens floor tile from the USS Sulaco. Original Storyboards from Aliens and Return of the Jedi...

Replica-wise, not much. My full Dredd judges uniform (helmet, leathers, armor, lawgiver, etc..Sean Cho custom badge!)...A pilgrims cross from Wing Commander! A Robin Hood Locksley cross necklace...My Shawn Morgan Aliens M240 Incinerator!! And coming soon, my Terry English Colonial Marine armor.

This is great, Technically, I have two "rare" pieces.

a Museum Collection Sting is on my wall, in the low 1000s out of 2000, serial number wise. I'm amazed at the feel of the handle, its so much different than the commercial one. I scored it for 1/3 the price because it was missing CoAs and the glass case! I keep it well waxed :cool

Also, An Obi Wan saber, like others here, except I used the Browning 303 flash hider to complete the construction. Nearly all real parts except for the neck and emitter!!! Right down to the Motorola DC Amplifiers with MC serial numbers, I think the originals were MA. My original grenade neck was damaged. Also, the chances of finding a balance pipe are slim I think.
DSCN3370.jpgDSCN3415.jpg

Going to have to update my selection of rarest item. While it's not quite my favorite piece I own, it's definitely the hardest to come across. A full metal 1989 Batman double-speargun gauntlet.

ZWOoZfj.jpg

As I understand it, the creator only made 2 replicas, and the other one is damaged. So there's the original, and this one.

I really enjoyed the show "The Shield" with Michael Chiklis as the boss of a group of corrupt LA cops. When FX did a prop auction in 2005, I bought the dart board from the "Strike Team"'s clubhouse/office.

The rarest item I own is definitely this segment of the Stargate. It's the original of the SG-1 series, and it's the firs one after the main locking chevron. There are only 9 in the world and a few of them have been sold again separately in pieces. For now it's in a museum for 6 months in Belgium.

IMG_20160524_173413.jpgIMG_20160524_173425.jpg

(Doesn't count, not finished yet) In a few month we should achieve the only Stargate replica made from original pieces in the world.

13235551_879059425573906_5441225356399235192_o.jpg

I've also got the Rubbertoe Replica of the 11-12th Doctor sonic screwdriver signed by Nick Robatto so it's the same as the one used by Peter Capaldi in the show, it's a beautiful piece. I really like the things that are made of multiple metals. It's N°93.

IMG_7183.JPG

And the Clock of ages made by the Relic Maker on this forum, he is the only one who made this piece and it's a work of art.

IMG_7193.JPGIMG_7199.JPG

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back