snowtrooper armor help needed SOFT STUFF

maniacman7

hey all,

I need some advise on the clothing worn by snowtroopers I know theres a trench style coat but is there a reasonable substitute that can be used. Any advise would be greatly appreciated. I did hear that old navy had stuff but nothing was fo9und in my local one today. :(

TY
Lance
SL2640

Some people use white coveralls under the coat, but I just pickd up some used white pants on ebay for $5 since the coat covers the top half. As for an existing item for the top...good luck. I made mine from scratch (I'm still amazed I pulled that off so well). One idea may be to use a lab coat.

Scott

An off the rack coat for snowtroopers would be tough to come by. Anything you find would likely need to be modified. Some ideas are using a white tuxedo jacket, or a long chef's coat. Personally I sewed my own duster using the "Matrix" pattern. The pants are simple white cotton overalls or painter pants, since the chest will be covered by the coat and/or armor.

I'm selling my Duster and pants. The pants are military and go over your pants (size fits all) and the duster is custom made and fits me fine (I'm 5'9" 190) PM me if your interested. the set for sale is the same as in this pic of me.
Both have velcro sewn in (sholders and knees) and the duster has belt loops and velcro closures on chest, neck and sleeves.
1970334smallsnow.JPG

You can always just get a shirt pattern and modify it.

The front overlaps and ends at the bottom of the buckle.
The bottom front panels are doubled fabric.
bottom should hit mid calf.

D6

<div class='quotetop'>(Bountyhunter Niko @ Sep 5 2006, 08:20 AM) [snapback]1313251[/snapback]</div>
<div class='quotetop'>(juno @ Sep 5 2006, 01:02 PM) [snapback]1313040[/snapback]
<div class='quotetop'>
Personally I sewed my own duster using the "Matrix" pattern.[/b]

Do tell where you got this pattern? :)
[/b][/quote]

YES . Please do. :)
[/b][/quote]

I used the Simplicity Pattern #5386 for Neo's Duster coat, and modified it by making a larger single breast for ease of closure, leaving off the collar, and rounding and shortening the bottom ("cape") portion. Very simple to do.

Hello all,

Thank you all for the very vital information. It will be very helpful when i set up another snowtrooper and thank you to Tambo Fett SOLD.......

Lance
Sl2640

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back