The One-Stop X-Wing Thread (1/24 original trilogy studio models only)

Re: The One-Stop X-Wing Thread

Can anyone identify what the circled parts are on this Red-2 photo? I don't think they are decals. I've spent a long time searching various threads on here and I'm not able to figure out what they are.
red-2-wiring-sockets2.jpg

Looks like the same type of brass-rod type fittings that are seen on some of the others in the same area (but usually above the mid-line).

Hello all,in first place sorry for my ignorance but I would need your help,experts.

I am trying to find a kit with original lineage to the original ILM models but some of the kits available in the past are not available actually.

Any help?

I also would like to identify what fuselaje is this.I got it a few years ago.

Thanks in advance.

full-36715ffdae0a65f24a56c5a896a3e6d1.jpg

That right there is the fuselage you are looking for. Looks to be a casting of the ILM X...Franks work I would say. A hollow two part casting too, should have less shrinkage than the solid castings.

Hi All,

I have a question and this seems like the place to ask it. The Saturn V large engine bells used in the X- Wing engines where are they trimmed remove the wrap around part? I have seen what I believe to be original models that have no trace of the wrap around piece, that but I have seen others were this part is still there. Was this an individual choice by each model maker? Looking a Jason Eaton's build of the original X-Wing the photos seem to show this part trimmed shorter. The Captain Cardboard part seems to be missing this piece. I wish I could find those pyro parts that I have in the garage but they seem to be MIA. Any help will be most appreciated.

All I can say is if original reference is inconsistent, then it's up to you which to emulate.

I know this thread is a bit like drinking from a fire hose there is so much information some of the threads are so old all the photos are gone which makes them less then helpful,but there is also a lot here to help. I linked to that thread because it shows all the parts needed to build the droid strip. A lot of the stuff needed is still our there and not hard to find.

Anyone know where you can download x-wing decals? Preferably ones that you can change the size on to fit your model?

I'm working on a SS Red 5 and was wondering if anyone can identify if this is a decal or something else on the studio model? It's on the nose on the port side. I don't have a high enough res photo to see it in detail. Any help from the pros as to what it is would be greatly appreciated.
kg_studio-red5-cap-003a.jpgkg_studio-red5-cap-003a (1).jpg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back