The One-Stop X-Wing Thread (1/24 original trilogy studio models only)

Re: The One-Stop X-Wing Thread

Hi.. sorta new member on here.. looking at picking up an SS X-Wing.

Is Rodmart's version the bestest (yes, bestest) one out?

Thank you,

The MPC kt is about 1/43 scale. As far as brass tubing goes I don't think anyone has check this yet but it shouldn't be hard to work out.

can someone here tell me what scale is my MPC/ERTL kit?? and what size brass tubes do you use for the guns???

I guess it's a personal preference but there is no denying the quality of this kit. I don't have a SS X-wing and I sooo wish I did though (long story but it involves a baby) but if I did it would definitely be this kit. And although the added detailing makes this non-film accurate it builds up into a beautiful bird.

So...the question is, do you want film accuracy or not?

Hi.. sorta new member on here.. looking at picking up an SS X-Wing.

Is Rodmart's version the bestest (yes, bestest) one out?

Thank you,

Cool.. thanks. Yes, Junk Pilot - The Missus said I can get my toys before this "spawnling" thing happens.. so I'm looking to make sure the big purchases are taken care of before arrival of said spawn.

I guess film accuracy is the big question now...

I guess it's a personal preference but there is no denying the quality of this kit. I don't have a SS X-wing and I sooo wish I did though (long story but it involves a baby) but if I did it would definitely be this kit. And although the added detailing makes this non-film accurate it builds up into a beautiful bird.

So...the question is, do you want film accuracy or not?

I don't have the Rodmart but it looks like you can probably just sand off all the added stuff...

SW Insider had one of the highest resolution pics yet of the shot of the X's and Y's on the table at ILM, finally get a clearer shot of the mystery X-wing with the red gun. What looked like an unpainted model in some of the pics now appears to only be missing the red stripe but is otherwise finished and matches the picture of it hanging by the wires.

swi-142-pg20.jpgswi-142-pg21.jpgcastcolorpr52028229unfloppedunskewed-1.jpg

Nice...do you know what issue? The wings appear taped and ready for painting. And there does seem to be some yellow on the nose and fuselage as I had been thinking...possibly a blue canopy?

Sent from my GT-I9000M using Tapatalk 2

Nice...do you know what issue? The wings appear taped and ready for painting. And there does seem to be some yellow on the nose and fuselage as I had been thinking...possibly a blue canopy?

Issue 142 I think. Yeah the yellow appears to match up to the completed model.
Good eye on the tape, didn't notice that and since they go to the edge I wonder if that confirms it being red 10?

Last edited:

Good eye..... It's definitely a Pyro Model. That's a nice clear pic of the Pyro Y-wing "Triangles" also.

Last edited:

Thanks for the post. Yes, this res now gives us a mighty fine look at those y-wings too. First time I've perceived the faint tan treatment on the Triangles' L'eggs.

Great resolution! So the X in the back, with the red lasercannon body - thin blue strip along the top fuselage, no markings on the side?!

whaaaat.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Or perhaps it's a shadow...

Here is the Red6/10 pic, with some saturation turned up to illustrate what I think may be some yellow painted sections and possibly a blue canopy. And they do kinda line up to the above photo.
I saw the line on the nose, and was thinking it was maybe just a scoring line or something...blue would be interesting.

kg_red_6-001.jpg

Great resolution! So the X in the back, with the red lasercannon body - thin blue strip along the top fuselage, no markings on the side?!

Or perhaps it's a shadow...

Also has an unpainted cockpit interior, or a light grey one!... And yeah, the side has no livery but is covered in painted panels/weathering ... a strange state indeed. Wings taped ready for stripes. So.. the livery went on last? The cockpit interior too, I guess. I see that in the famous pic of Grant McCune painting an X pyro, the cockpit interior is reddish at that point...presumably it was left unmasked when he did the canopy.

Last edited:

Definitely a strip Jase. A shadow would also cast up the nose and canopy would it not? Interesting green strip on the lower port wing. Red 3 hero has the same.

In the profile shot...is this craft pilotless?
Re: the stripe...possibly black primer still there from masking/painting and just not covered yet?
Re:cockpit...i was interpreting the photo as having the cockpit maybe.just taped over

Last edited:

Could be Brian. Maybe when they glued the two halves of the fuse together they taped the nose section to hold it together. Another theory I guess. Unfortunately I don't think we will ever know. Unless some clearer color pix turn up.

Re:cockpit...i was interpreting the photo as having the cockpit maybe.just taped over

Before we got this high res pic, I always thought they hadn't bothered to cut the windows out or something. But you can clearly see the dashboard and that.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back