Best source for Vader screens

jcoffman99

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Okay I need some screens for my vader helmet because you can see my fans through the grill. Is there a certain type to get or is it just window screening? Thanks for any info.

John

<div class='quotetop'>(jcoffman99 @ Sep 4 2006, 11:32 AM) [snapback]1312743[/snapback]</div>
Okay I need some screens for my vader helmet because you can see my fans through the grill. Is there a certain type to get or is it just window screening? Thanks for any info.

John
[/b]

Well John, in my opinion you can do a few things. You can use window screening if you just want it to hide the fans, but what I did is I went to a craft store like Michaels in my case, and I bought a product called WireForm contour mesh, its expandable metal modeling mesh like the kind of stuff youd use if you were making a volcano for a science project. Its silver and it comes in a variety of sizes, Im using a large size for the main grill and for the smaller mesh seen behind it, the kind I think you should pick up, is the 1/16" pattern. The holes are pretty small, and Ive test fitted it in my mask behind the main grill and it looks great. Plus when your done you have alot of mesh left over in case you mess up or if you want to do another project.
Another option is to get some pantyhose or a spandex type material, thats opaque but allows air to travel thru it.
Let me know if this helps.
Adam

<div class='quotetop'>(MasterVader @ Sep 4 2006, 03:47 PM) [snapback]1312840[/snapback]</div>
<div class='quotetop'>(jcoffman99 @ Sep 4 2006, 11:32 AM) [snapback]1312743[/snapback]

John
[/b]

Well John, in my opinion you can do a few things. You can use window screening if you just want it to hide the fans, but what I did is I went to a craft store like Michaels in my case, and I bought a product called WireForm contour mesh, its expandable metal modeling mesh like the kind of stuff youd use if you were making a volcano for a science project. Its silver and it comes in a variety of sizes, Im using a large size for the main grill and for the smaller mesh seen behind it, the kind I think you should pick up, is the 1/16" pattern. The holes are pretty small, and Ive test fitted it in my mask behind the main grill and it looks great. Plus when your done you have alot of mesh left over in case you mess up or if you want to do another project.
Another option is to get some pantyhose or a spandex type material, thats opaque but allows air to travel thru it.
Let me know if this helps.
Adam
[/b][/quote]

Sounds great. And the wife was itching for a trip to Michaels. :) Thanks Adam,

John

I have used aluminum window screen on all my lids and it looks spot on to me.

If you cant find anything PM me, I have some screen I could hook you up with.

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back