Ready Player One

From happiness? Has that ever happened to anyone else or am I the only one?

First off, There can only be one.

II. A few times, not that strange. your post was just enigmatic...

Is it too late to make predictions? I swear on my life as a nerd that I haven't seen it yet,

Hey remember this? Hey remember this? Hey remember this? Hey remember this? Hey remember this? Hey remember this? Hey remember this? Hey remember this? Hey remember this? Hey remember this? Hey remember this? ...

I have a feeling this movie will just make me wish i was watching one of the 100 other movies it references.

I was ready to rock.

My avatar was buffed to the eyeballs and armed to the teeth. I was packing as many magic items and as much firepower I could squeeze into my inventory.

Everything was in place. Our plan was in motion. It was time to go.
- Ready Player One by Ernest Cline, Chapter 34.

#IAMREADY

https://youtu.be/hzpDOB2JYKc

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Aaaalllrighty then, This is my formal review of Spielberg's Ready Player One.

It was very good.
you should watch this movie.
-/- END TRANSMISSION -\-

Have an amazing week everybody!

Last edited:
Saw it last night, thought it was spectacular, and lots of fun. VERY different from the book, and while I found some of the exclusions disappointing, the new stuff was great, and most of the changes were either beneficial and/or necessary. Definitely some super-cringe moments, but a blast regardless. Absolutely worth seeing in theaters.

Oh man.

Posted in the post release thread, didn't see this.

Well glad you guys enjoyed!

I HAAAAATED it.

Weird.

Ah well.

Just saw it. Overall enjoyed it, but it fell short of it's potential. This had the potential to be a great trilogy. Putting this entire story into one movie made it feel crammed. A lot of exposition to establish everything, not a lot of time to get to know the characters. With that said it's not bad, there were many moments/scenes that I loved. The comedy, visual style, and characters felt very true to the book. Already planning on making a parzival costume.

Just saw it. Overall enjoyed it, but it fell short of it's potential. This had the potential to be a great trilogy. Putting this entire story into one movie made it feel crammed. A lot of exposition to establish everything, not a lot of time to get to know the characters. With that said it's not bad, there were many moments/scenes that I loved. The comedy, visual style, and characters felt very true to the book. Already planning on making a parzival costume.

It still has potential to be a trilogy. Ernest Cline is working on a sequel to the book and has registered the title for a third book. If the books are good and the film does good at the box office, then we may have adaptations of the next two stories.

I just saw the movie today and I feel like I'm the only person that actually didn't like the movie. I feel like the book was so amazing and I've read the book 3 times and the movie didn't even come close to it. They changed so much that I feel like they just tossed the book out the window and said "And now for something completely different"
I think visually it was a good movie, but thats about it. Overall, I was very disappointed.

I just saw the movie today and I feel like I'm the only person that actually didn't like the movie. I feel like the book was so amazing and I've read the book 3 times and the movie didn't even come close to it. They changed so much that I feel like they just tossed the book out the window and said "And now for something completely different"
I think visually it was a good movie, but thats about it. Overall, I was very disappointed.

It's understandable. But as I've stated before, not everything in the book can work for the film. Changes had to be made in order to make things flow better for the new medium. I understand it's not as great as the book, but it was still impressive with what we were able to get. Besides, in the opening chapter of the book, Wade does point out about how previous attempts at telling his story never got it right. So, you could sort of picture the film as one of those attempts.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back