Ironman mkvi pep helm (aiming 99% movie accuracy) - with BLINK/FADE LED EYES

Re: Ironman mkvi pep helm (aiming 99% movie accuracy)

Looks like a great build. :thumbsup I can pick out a few things I would change if I was going with 99% movie accurate but I don't see the need as it looks awesome as is. ;)
And yes our 3D print will be 100% movie accurate just like our WarMachine they are from the SW and CGI files same ones used for the flicks. :cool

Looks like a great build. :thumbsup I can pick out a few things I would change if I was going with 99% movie accurate but I don't see the need as it looks awesome as is. ;)
And yes our 3D print will be 100% movie accurate just like our WarMachine they are from the SW and CGI files same ones used for the flicks. :cool

wow... coming from a 3D print master is quite overwhelming.... thanks man... am making a war machine helm and your build is one of my top reference:D... thanks again man for the inspiration... cheers!

wow... coming from a 3D print master is quite overwhelming.... thanks man... am making a war machine helm and your build is one of my top reference:D... thanks again man for the inspiration... cheers!

Lol, actually the only thing that I have worked on that was 3D printed was the War Machine and the Batman Begins cowl, the rest of my stuff is all hand built. My IronMan helmet and armor was pep based but most has been moded fairly far from the pep now.

Lol, actually the only thing that I have worked on that was 3D printed was the War Machine and the Batman Begins cowl, the rest of my stuff is all hand built. My IronMan helmet and armor was pep based but most has been moded fairly far from the pep now.

ah true genius... pep is really a good base... but the final result will always depends on the builder... more often than not, far way different:lol (whichever good or bad outcome:wacko)... seen your work and downloaded many of your pix as my reference... you're a true master and im a mere student...hehe

head on comparison... not exact (but almost:love)

iron-mancompare.jpg

Darn... really hard to attain 99% accuracy (let alone 100%)... must be a robot, if not a God, to do so...:unsure... or tony stark himself... lol:lol

It looks amazing. How are you getting the detail lines that crisp and smooth? :confused

It looks amazing. How are you getting the detail lines that crisp and smooth? :confused

thanks dude... the lines were done with the help of my ever dependable razor sharp utility knife...;)... even gave me a cut or two on my fingers...:cry

ridiculously amazing work!! Can please show the process you are going to use to seperate the the faceplate?? keep up the great work and thanks for posting so many pics it definently motivates us all here on the forum!!

ridiculously amazing work!! Can please show the process you are going to use to seperate the the faceplate?? keep up the great work and thanks for posting so many pics it definently motivates us all here on the forum!!

thanks man... i will post progress pix as soon as i can put my hand on it again... (but i will definitely use a dremel with small cutting disc to separate the faceplate ;))... but am pretty much occupied right now... hope everyone can wait...
i guess the inspiration/motivation works on vice versa... cheers!:)

Impressive work man, Very clean and sharp, the time spent was not wasted one bit. Very cool! the overall shape and proportions are spot on.
Love it! :thumbsup

Impressive work man, Very clean and sharp, the time spent was not wasted one bit. Very cool! the overall shape and proportions are spot on.
Love it! :thumbsup

thanks man... you're one keen observer... am glad you love it:)... shall i proceed on making a mould?

thanks man... you're one keen observer... am glad you love it:)... shall i proceed on making a mould?

I would yeah, for sure! , for collectors of fine examples of Iron Man helmets, I think this will sell very well!
It's up there with some of the best I've seen.

I would yeah, for sure! , for collectors of fine examples of Iron Man helmets, I think this will sell very well!
It's up there with some of the best I've seen.

thanks for the encouragement... coming from you it means a lot... cheers!

hey everyone...

i just read a lot of thread lately and really appreciated people who shared their building processes/technique... as a result, i will let you know about one of the secret technique i developed making our build....

The smoothness and crispness of the lines and almost every details on our build was done by the help of my ever-dependable, loyal best friend...

Guys... i want you to meet my best friend "Mr. Popsicle" :thumbsup
Photo-0581.jpg

He made many sacrifices during the build

We've been thru thick and thin... thick resin/thin resin lol:lol
Photo-0589.jpg

i let him wear life vest so he wont drown:love

Gave him a hair cut...
Photo-0578.jpg

And since he's the brainy one between the 2 of us... i always use his head
Photo-0579.jpg

Not only he has brain... he also have brawn... strong muscular body which he use everytime
Photo-0577.jpg

Some instances that i slip on the scissors while giving him a haircut and almost cut his face off... (i was really sleepy that time)...
Photo-0586.jpg

We cried together...:cry
Photo-0587.jpg

But i did not let his sacrifices go to waste...
Photo-0588.jpg

Then when our detailing went on the ear pieces... he volunteered to make the contour...
Photo-0575.jpg

He fits so well...
Photo-0580.jpg

Our activity is not limited in making our build...
We also play ball together:cool...
Photo-0572.jpg

Even tuck him during bed time:sleep...
Photo-0571.jpg

With all those sacrifices, he did not leave me till the end...
Photo-0582.jpg

I love my best friend Mr. Popsicle:love... Im very proud of him...

I know he has lots of relatives around the world... Hope you can introduce your Mr. Popsicle to us too... :lol:cheers

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back