Stargate Ori Helmet replica from screen used (lots of pics + molding pics)

kwalsh0000

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hey all!
Just thought I would post this up. I have the step by step pics on my FB but this is what has been taking up my time and keeping me from continuing on with more wraith stunners (will be back at full steam with them). Its been a learning experience for me with it as first time using fibreglass or doing this type of mold but delighted with how it came out. I know there are many great tutorials out there but thought I would post some pics on the off chance it helps someone who wants to mold something similar. About time i contributed something :p

It is molded from one of my stunt helmets and includes any flaws or dents in the original (love the designs of these guys). The side ear pieces and rear armor flats will be molded from my other helmet and along with some chainmaille it will be a complete replica of an original. This is just the first casting done in tinted, thin polyurethane (with one sheet of fibreglass backing) to take any debris from the mold. Once i get more resin I will be doing another more sturdy cast and finish it up properly. Who knows maybe I will do the full face Ori helmet at some stage. Enjoy. (sorry for bad pics..was at 1am :p)

IMG_0001-1.jpg

IMG_0051.jpg

IMG_0053.jpg

IMG_0055.jpg

IMG_0135.jpg

IMG_4952.jpg

IMG_4953.jpg

IMG_4954.jpg

IMG_4955.jpg

IMG_4956.jpg

IMG_4957.jpg

IMG_4958.jpg

IMG_4959.jpg

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back