Deckard custom head sculpt

Buddylee

This is a custom head I made for my 10 year old Android Hunter figure. I thought it was time for an upgrade. Thanks for looking.

Buddylee_RM14.jpg

Buddylee_RM15.jpg

Buddylee_RM16.jpg

F7.jpg

F8.jpg

F9.jpg

F5.jpg

That is definitely a very cool sculpt and even more so when it's a smaller scale. You could teach toy company sculptors a thing or two.

That's a dead ringer.Too bad the few Deckard/Blade Rrunner sculpts/kits out there were done so poorly.None I've seen even came close to resembling Ford.

Thanks for the kind comments! :)

This headsculpt was done up in zbrush and 3D printed. Added the skin texture and some additional details on top of the print and then cast for a final working version.

The eyes were done as water decals and applied. I'm glad these worked cause I'm too lazy to paint eyes. On top of that Ford has hazel colored eyes. I would have given up right there!
tongue2.gif

Here's a pic to better expose the eye decals.

F11.jpg

I plan on doing some Indy and Han sculpts in the near future. Maybe a few different expressions for Indy. My Indy and Han figures are now getting jealous of Deckard so I should be fair. :p

Great job. Ford seems virtually impossible to get right. Even Mike Hill couldn't do it. And that Cinemaquette INDY figure... GAGH! All of the Sideshow sculpts, to me, look like a guy who KIND OF looks like Ford. Your sculpt looks fantastic even without the paint job. I love the profile shot too. Cool!

Looks very good! Not to hijack this thread, but I've been sculpting a mini bust of Deckard off and on for a while now, and despite updating and asking for comments, I haven't had a single response on my thread. I don't know if it's because I posted it on the Replica Props board (there's more posts there so things get buried quickly), or if it's just no good and no one wants to tell me, but this thread suggests there's some interest in the subject matter at the very least. I don't know if I should wait until I'm completely done before posting again or just give up on it.

really impressive likeness.

i have never seen the eyes done with decals before, thanks for sharing.

-z

As a BIG Blade Runner/Indy fan I've seen more or less every sculpt around and think this is the best of the lot, Ford is almost impossible to capture,..but you've done it!!!!
His eyes & his "Attitude" are bang on the money.
I take my hat off to you.
Are you going to do a run of these? there would be plenty of takers!

Thats an amazing sculpt. I wish that Sideshow's (Indy) had looked that good.
Right now, I'm using a modded Indy head for my Deckard. I still need to get some proper clothes for mine though. I cheated a little with those since I missed the Android Hunter figures.

(edit: oddly enough, as I was posting this, guess what JUST started on Syfy.)

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back