Johnny Depp / Jack Sparrow Bust WIP - NEW PICS

Re: Johnny Depp / Jack Sparrow Bust WIP

This is really awesome work! Wow!! I was floored by the resemblance from the first WIP pic. Man please do a run when it's finished, I would definitely be in for one.

Well, got a bit more refining done since my last post, can't even list what I've done and most don't even show up in the pictures.
I like the comparison pic of old and new, so here's the progress today:
13COMP.jpg

Thanks for looking and again, please feel free to post any critiques/suggestions, they really help out.

What's left to critique? That thing is wonderful, and if any of the previous replies state otherwise, I'd love to see their work

That looks amazing! You've captured the likeness brilliantly! Some supreme talent on show there. :)

Thanks guys!
No need for sculpting talent to comment or critique, just extra sets of eyes.
Some folks may see something that I may have overlooked, so please feel free to point it out.
I'll post some more side pictures when I get to tuning those up.

Vashy, I don't see Johnny Depp in this sculpt at all!!! :confused
I just had to say it.:lol I'm busting on ya Bro. Excellent work, WOW!!!!
I'm speechless.

Reel

Vashy, I don't see Johnny Depp in this sculpt at all!!! :confused
I just had to say it.:lol I'm busting on ya Bro. Excellent work, WOW!!!!
I'm speechless.

Reel

He's in there, just real tiny. . .here, look:
joke.jpg

See!:lol

Thanks so much again! I'm trying my best to make this one as realistic as I can get, so I'm going to get one of my friends as a victim. . .I mean model. . .to sit for me so I can examine the textures of facial skin folds, wrinkles, pores, etc.

Any plans to cast this up in silicone? If so, what would you do with the facial hair?

There seem to be plenty of good jack wigs out there which will help solve the head hair problem that many 1:1 busts suffer from. :)

This looks awesome!

Are you planning on doing any other Depp characters on this bust or just Jack Sparrow?

I am blown away by how you can sculpt like this, it's uncanny. I have always been envious of people who sculpt. Can't wait to see the finished work.

Thanks again guys!
This will first be cast in resin and then I will venture into silicone.
My wife does want me to do an Edward Scissorhands sculpt, but then again, she wants me to do every Johnny Depp character.

Had a little fun compiling my portrait sculptures this evening:
SCULPTURES.jpg

I haven't done too many yet, but hope I get to continue doing more of them since they are so much fun to sculpt.

Everything's already been said, This is an amazing sculpt! Would you ever consider a latex half cast? Finishing just behind the ears? I've got a Sparrow mannequin that needs a face :p

Thanks Ruddigger!
Clint would be fun to do, hopefully one day I get commissioned to sculpt him.
I know my Dad would love to see one done since he's a big fan and I've grown up watching his movies.

Cbstudios - Don't know if I will ever cast this in latex, but a half cast is interesting.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back