Harley Quinn - Arkham Asylum version - Costume Completed

Maelina

So, I have to put my Species costume aside for a few months because I won't make it for September.. I guess I have another year to make it perfect!

In the meantime, it's convention season in Montreal and I needed something to wear! My choice stopped on Harley Quinn (Arkham Asylum version). I thought that would be fairly easy to do.. HA. HA. HA. Really! What was I thinking. Especially that I have a little more than 2 weeks to get it done.

Concept Art:

6029121372_20161a429b.jpg

This is what I have so far:

• Corset (missing shoulder straps)
  • Dress Shirt
  • Pleated Skirt
  • Boots
  • Mask
  • Warden Card
  • Gloves
What's left to do:

• Accessories
  • Bracers
  • Weathering
  • High tight nylons
  • Hat
I do not have much pictures as of now, but will post some more later. This has to be completed by Friday this week.

Corset

6029121612_ec323c3957_o.jpg

Corset and skirt

6029121590_fa825fe26c_b.jpg

Mask

This mask was made using Dragon Skin and painted with alcohol makeup.

6029121474_eeecda7a34_z.jpg

Boot Progress

Special note: these boot ares completely made out of foam from neoprene beach shoes. The building process was a nightmare.. using foam, hot glue, sewing foams together to get different textures and Flexbond. I used an airbrush to apply the paint. I am pretty happy with the results.

6029121400_dca14084f8_b.jpg

Will post some more tonight, your comments are more than welcomed :)

Thanks

Melle

Last edited:
Re: Harley Quinn - Arkham Asylum version - WIP

This is really fantastic work you're doing so far. I can't wait to see the rest of the costume come together!

Good work so far, this seems to be a lot of people's favourite version of Harley. I have trouble disagreeing.

Thank you all! And now that I saw the artwork from Arkham City I want to do this costume too!!

I've always been a fan of harley quinn and your doing a great job!

Awesome work! Your boots are especially great; I have a hard enough time making boot covers, so I can't imagine tackling something as difficult as those. Everything's looking fantastic so far.

Oh wow, lol, I suspect you're gonna get a lot of inquiries about those boots, they look Fan-F#$%ing-Tastic!

I am SUPER impressed with your boot covers! That is a lot of work! Your cincher looks fantastic too. Do you have more photos of the entire costume? Would love to see!

Awesome work! Your boots are especially great; I have a hard enough time making boot covers, so I can't imagine tackling something as difficult as those. Everything's looking fantastic so far.

These are not boot covers but actually boots made out from a beach shoe.:lol EVA foam as a platform shoe sole,foam and flexbond.. I am pretty happy with the end result even tho they were a little bit bulky. I will post pictures soon of the full outfit.

Thanks for all your great comments :D

Finally! pictures are coming online from this weekend convention (I didn't take any!) Here's a glimpse of the full costume!
6043286091_f461244d23_z.jpg

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back