Gotham Rogues from Batman Dark Knight Rises

I would personally prefer no green/sky blue anywhere on the logo... I think they were trying to pay homage to the steelers colors, and think pure black and gold would look the best. if you want to keep the cost down, you could eliminate the fleshtone and just make it pure black/gold/silver, just like the steelers. on the other hand the original picture does have the fleshtone in there if you choose to keep it, then definitely go with your design on the right (silver + fleshtone)

Looks great, since I'm new here and signed up for this site just for this shirt, how do we buy these things (the junkyard?). do you have any price point estimate yet? Are you taking pre-orders to gauge what sizes/quantities you need or just making them and its first come first serve? Are you making only yellow shirts? B/c I would buy black as well haha...

Yellow first, black second...but I'd take either :^) We shouldn't let the fools on eBay set the price for these shirts here. It still is just a t-shirt, right? So $20 for the UA shirt (you prob. can get a bulk discount), plus cost to design logo, printing, shipping...what is all that worth? $25-$50?

How do we know the one that is black and sold for $100 is fake? Is it not UA?

Because it's an awful attempt at recreating the logo, and those of us that were there know that that is NOT one of the shirts being distributed. I hope you're not the sucker that bought it, lol.

Yellow first, black second...but I'd take either :^) We shouldn't let the fools on eBay set the price for these shirts here. It still is just a t-shirt, right? So $20 for the UA shirt (you prob. can get a bulk discount), plus cost to design logo, printing, shipping...what is all that worth? $25-$50?

Heck I would take one of each (yellow and black)...and get one for my buddy who was there with me! He'll flip out to get one.

Just made this for my little boy... I prefer "Gotham Rogues" on the scarf- have not seen that version yet.

Also, the font appears to be Barge, although I don't have that one, I used one close enough in that style. It's not like there are a ton of these out there to compare to yet.

Just made this for my little boy... I prefer "Gotham Rogues" on the scarf- have not seen that version yet.

Also, the font appears to be Barge, although I don't have that one, I used one close enough in that style. It's not like there are a ton of these out there to compare to yet.

I think putting Gotham into the bandana makes it way too cramped. You can barely read it that way.

Nolan's Batman logo isn't black and gold. A lot of the Batman logos haven't been black and gold. They chose it because every seat at Heinz is gold, and because of the Steelers. One of the producers of the movie is part of the Steelers ownership group, and that definitely had a hand in choosing the colors. The Steelers had plenty to do with the Gotham Rogues colors. Not to mention 14 Steelers wearing their real names and numbers on the field, lol.

I wasn't talking about "Nolan's Batman logo." I was talking about the frequently used graphic novel logo in reference to the colors. I speculated that said logo that was a possible reason some of Gotham's teams in the comics have black and gold as their colors.

I wasn't talking about "Nolan's Batman logo."

I know. I just meant that Nolan hasn't really looked into any of the past Batman iterations for stuff like that. He's gone back a bit for pieces of story here and there, but that's really all. From all I've read it had mostly to do with the stadium colors and the fact that Thomas Tull is the CEO & President of Legendary Pictures (which is making the film), and is also part owner of the Steelers.

Still researching printing on UA shirts... there seems to be some concerns with heat setting ink on shirts containing fibers such as polyester and other elastic based shirts.

I'm acquiring info and finding out the right way to do it... at $25 a pop I can't afford to do a bunch of trial and errors!

Leaning towards doing the black & silver logo on the yellow shirt, btw.

I know. I just meant that Nolan hasn't really looked into any of the past Batman iterations for stuff like that. He's gone back a bit for pieces of story here and there, but that's really all.

I was thinking of the Gotham Knights Football and Baseball teams having black and gold as their colors, but that was probably too logical. You're right about Nolan, but thankfully he's executed his changes beautifully and nothing has really offended my comic origin sensibilities. :)

Unlike, say, The Green Lantern. :angry

Still hung up on the UA shirt info...

I might make a variety (gold and black shirt versions) of them available on my shirt website, but they would be regular t-shirts (with the Rogues logo and the UA logo above it) until I work out doing these on UA shirts.

I'll post links when I do shortly... I hate to see the crappy ones on ebay and cafepress and the like... I can AT LEAST offer a better repro even if it's on a regular shirt for now.

-K

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back