Modelers Workbench Design

Sorry, but I have to disagree.

If you work on the items and not the bench, it's surface should hold much longer than your mentioned time frame.

At least my do well since many years.

A replaceable work surface is a very good idea. Many woodworkers use Masonite. It's cheap, very durable, and easy to cut. You can get it in common thicknesses like 1/8 inch, 3/16 inch, and 1/4 inch. I recently built two new benches and I added a layer of Masonite on top for this very reason.

As for spray booths, one thing I don't often hear people say is the fan needs to be SPARK-PROOF. Any common household fan (exhaust fan, etc.) will *not* have a spark-proof motor and spray particulates/fumes tend to be extremely flammable.

A true spark-proof fan can be hard to find and it will cost more, but it's a very important safety feature for any DIY spray booth.

I don't have a workbench at all.

But I do keep a secret stash of tools in the keyboard tray of my desk at work.

Then I have all my other tools and kits in a big mechanics case in my office. I go down to the workshop for any airbrushing work with the fumehood.

I'm pretty much a lunchtime modeler.
11800ed56a7228bb0211fafefc26aa91.jpg
a43d29ce83b6a1189b6755cb9df74584.jpg

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back