Who else flies the mini/micro RC helicopters?

I just bought on of the Avatar 4 channel helicopters and it uses a Type C Plug

How will I recharge this in the USA?

$(KGrHqR,!hwE7D(MyEe4BO6H,qkSfg~~60_12.JPG

Been flying micro and sub micro Coaxial's for a good while now, some spendy, some not, and the 107 i have now has outlasted everything, really is rock solid.
Cant say i crash it, but they are sturdy, its the flight that does them proud, apart from TBE, which every indoor Helo will suffer in a confined space, they rule.
Looking at a single rotor now, ive flew (hovered nose in and out lol) a Belt CP, and that was fun, so thinking about an Align 100s or one of the Eflite stable, anybody got feedback for one of these?

lee

I have also been flying my Double Horse 9101* in the house for a bit now, and other than it's tendency to want to shred a particular plant that I have, it's been a surprising amount of fun.

*It's not exactly what I would call a mini (28") :lol

I've got one of those little Styrofoam choppers and it's cool - simple and fun to play with, but not very maneuverable. I've always wanted a BIG RC chopper though, but been too afraid that I'd spend the $$$ then crash it and cry as I picked up the pieces.

If I were to do one though, I think I'd do:

url

Boba - Any reviews on this bird? Looks interesting.

I received the Avatar and it is very large and very difficult to fly.

I can get it trimmed in a hover but if I touch any control it loses trim.

So the entire time you are flying it you have to counter act the loss of trim.

I have one and I will be back with a picture of the thing when I post again here. Yeah it is by your standards nothing much to look at but that Helicopter that you bought a power adapter for looks great and I never was able to start watching any Air-wolf Just Macgyver and Knight Rider.

But any who I am going to go find it, dust it off, and get you a couple pictures of the thing.

{edit}
Here are the promised pictures.

The Remote Control
0217121304a.jpg

Three views of the thing.
0217121304.jpg

0217121303a.jpg

0217121303.jpg

Two views of it connected to the controller which is how it gets recharged.
0217121256a.jpg

0217121256.jpg

And just for fun a photo opp that I had while on the road.
0128121236.jpg

Last edited:
Disappointing - makes it tough to enjoy.

Appreciate the warning...

I received the Avatar and it is very large and very difficult to fly.

I can get it trimmed in a hover but if I touch any control it loses trim.

So the entire time you are flying it you have to counter act the loss of trim.

FYI, Best Buy has a S107 type heli for $39. I picked on up yesterday and if you can believe it, it's even better than they Syma I had. It's much sturdier in the gears, doesn't rattle, very quiet and holy crap it's the most stable heli I've ever flown. Comes with a usb charger.
Protocol - TigerJet 3-Channel Remote-Controlled Helicopter - 5852-4A
I'll see if I can get some video of it.
I've had 6-7 micros over the years, a couple of mid size and a full size 5 channel single prop collective pitch. Of all the mini's this one is absolutely the best.
For just a hair over the price of a 2 channel air hog, you can't go wrong with this one.

After looking at the Syma s107 again, this is EXACTLY the same helicopter. The ONLY difference is there is no "S107" marking on the canopy, and the sticker on the remote is different. Same body, same canopy, everything. But for some reason this one just flies a lot better than my Syma did and is much quieter. Here it is in action.

Tiger Jet With Gyro RC Helicopter - YouTube

So far I have one of the Drift King helicopters and a Air Hogs Hawk Eye. The Air Hogs is fun to fly because of the built in camera, but its damn near impossible to control. Also, it doesnt hover by design. Kinda sucks. The Drift King is a lot of fun to fly, though. Makes me wish I had a bigger indoor space to play around with it.

I don't know what brand mine is, but it resembles Airwolf and flies sideways on the floor more than anything...

BTW: sorry for the "necro-post" , but I just found this.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back