Stormtrooper pepakura - TERRA RETURNS! WITH PICS!

Re: Stormtrooper pepakura

oh, not quite as flash as a 5DmII, but I use a gripped Pentax K-7 and get really creamy bokeh from an 85mm 1.4 :)

wanted to get things reset back to one colour as its so much easier to see shape and finish flaws.

IMG_5636.jpg

IMG_5638.jpg

IMG_5639.jpg

IMG_5640.jpg

IMG_5641.jpg

IMG_5648.jpg

IMG_5649.jpg

IMG_5651.jpg

ive since cut out the cheek, cranium and back of head indents. cant get them accurate/clean enough, i think im going to cut out the nose section and try get it as clean and mold friendly as possible.

will be having a heavy sand and fill session tomorrow.

its looking great, I think ill do a stormtrooper after my current build, I am struggling with mine but i mad some good leeway after I purchased a glue gun.

yeah i have had a tuff few days with this build, indents and teeth, 2mro will be my third attempt on them :smile

third time lucky i hope!

your build is coming out good, what kind of bondo are you using?

thanks bigdanman

your build is coming out good, what kind of bondo are you using?

i was using regular Bondo (aka: david's P38 for UK shoppers) at the start, now i'm using a slightly cheaper filler called UPOL Quick Sand, exactly the same i think but a couple of pounds cheaper :thumbsup

DAY SIXTEEN

one step backward to go two steps forward, finally bit the bullet and hacked into this darn bucket!

not only was it very therapeutic, hopefully it will solve the trouble i'm having with the indents and frown detail.

IMG_5657.jpg

IMG_5658.jpg

IMG_5659.jpg

IMG_5660.jpg

IMG_5661.jpg

IMG_5662.jpg

IMG_5663.jpg

IMG_5664.jpg

IMG_5665.jpg

as you can see i gave it a good sanding down too, slightly finer grit so i finally smoothed out some troublesome areas.

Sure it'll turn out well mate, unlike the shocker I'm having :( might end up having to cut out the whole face area from under the eyes to the chin, rebuild that section in pep and implant :( one cheek warped during the resin stage.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

after i finished the resin stage i noticed the cheeks were to far in and other areas were way off, i added about an inch of milliput to flesh them out, you will see in my thread that first i added some milliput (olive), coat of bondo, sanded and then added more milliput (brown), coat of bondo, sanded.

take your time mate we are doing well for our first builds, after i fixed my errors it helped me understand how the shape of the stormtrooper bucket should be.

buy some of the milliput epoxy putty, its a great addition and does stuff that bondo cant, id have been lost without it.

on mine, one cheek goes in as it should, but the other "puffed out"...ordered some trrecotta milliput from amazon so should have that early next week. Have been using some stuff from poundstretcher, but it goes off WAY too fast...talking 10 minutes and its unworkable (but as you say it does work in adding lumps and bumps were they should be).

I'll get some pictures up next week after a few sessions so it doesn't look like its been hit with a lump hammer :)

thanks for all the help mate

what are people preferred frown tooth number?

seven (6 hole)
seven (8 hole)
nine (8 hole)

as i'm not sticking to a certain version of the bucket i thought i'd go for the seven tooth (8 hole).

whats the stuff from poundy's? :eek:P

i could do with some super fast setting.

errrmm...can't remember the name of it now, think its just "fixing putty" or similar, but is down the diy/car stuff isle, one tube for £2.99 or two tubes for £4.99. It's weird stuff...it's 2 part, but in 1 sausage, an outer and inner, knead to set it off. At first its really soft, then you get about a 2 minute window where its really nice to work with.

man, i wish i had the time and patience to do something like that. my hats off to you man!

thanks hooper i'm in town today so machine mart for needle files via poundstretcher :cheers

hey phocker thanks for your kind words, man you do have the time and patience to make one, creating something is about whats gained on the journey and not the destination. (see signature)

there is no set pace to go along at mate, you should find a nice simple pepakura file and have a shot, you will enjoy the process.

once a complete pepakura model you don't have to bondo and sand you could just keep it as a paper model.

it would defo give you a taste of the good stuff :cheers

i finally managed to get the frown in rather cleanly, my four previous attempts failed miserably.

any comments guys? i've been staring at it so long my brain can no longed judge it with fresh eyes.

IMG_5670.jpg

IMG_5671.jpg

IMG_5672.jpg

IMG_5673.jpg

IMG_5674.jpg

will be moving onto the indents next.

HELP REQUIRED
does anyone have dimensions of the hovi-mix mic tips? total length and base diameter would be ideal, i can figure out the rest from photos.

Last edited:

how'd you do the teeth mate? shaped putty?

I ended up chopping mine out so any pointers will be appreciated!

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back