Found prop piece!! (Joe Versus The Volcano)

Fantastic! Jintosh, thank you for taking the time.

You're welcome !! I believe lots of people have tried to contact the original person, with no luck. So, this is the next best thing.

>> In case people didn't realize it, this photo is available for personal use only. <<

Thanks !

It seems the full size file is too large to send in a message. Anyone know what the file size cap is?

Even with a HD copy it's hard to get any kind of quality screen grab. Here is what I could snag after a few attempts today...I sure thought it was on screen more.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1444163335.310924.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1444163349.934473.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1444163363.774497.jpg

Great screen caps RobertH! When Joe talks to Mr. Waturi, it seems like almost every shot of the lamp cuts away right before it rotates to the "cloud" side; its been driving me crazy! My Thanks to the posts in this thread, I'm very hopeful that I'll be able to make a replica.

Edit: Wow, I've never noticed the lightning bolt symbol in the volcano on the lamp. Amazing attention to detail!

Last edited:
mobius.jpg

So.....
One HALF is the volcano scene.
One HALF is the cloud / ship scene
One HALF is the beach scene.

Either Dr. WHO created this lamp shade or we've been bamboozled.

Having seen a replica of the artwork...it is more like 1/3rd for each section...to my eyes anyway. It's just so darn hard to gauge on a moving round object!

And that having been said...the one I saw was cut off at the left beach line. Only one small bit of foliage was visible.

Rob

Sent from [location encrypted]...somewhere on the Tharkside of Barsoom ;)

I'll take a look at it. I'll have to find a web site that offers a wider lamp shade and get their dimensions.

Last edited:
Awesome! I'm so stoked you've been taking the time to mock up the shade images! That looks like the correct dimensions. I'm amazed you're able to put together different versions of the image so fast.

My photoshop skills are very very poor, but i'm thinking I might try to splice some screen shots together (ala jpwaldenjr's post #29 above) and overlay them together mixed with your image. If I have any success I'll post the results.

I need to dig up another screenshot. The volcano could be spruced up with the jagged line of torches up the side?

It's SD. But gives the idea....

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1444265471.580368.jpg

Last edited:
I don't want to push my luck on the image requests, as you've already been so helpful, which I really really appreciate; Any change you're willing to swap the middle boat/cloud portion with either of the screencap images

Pic your favorite image of the 3. Crop it to just the shade and print the shade so it takes up the whole paper.

Then you'll see why I can't use those. It just comes out one big blur. Your eye fools you into thinking there's detail there. When there isn't.

Awesome! I'm so stoked you've been taking the time to mock up the shade images! That looks like the correct dimensions. I'm amazed you're able to put together different versions of the image so fast.

Thanks. I take on the pet projects that seem "stuck". When they needed a 3D designer for the Wick Coins, I stepped in and did the work for free. (well, I get some free final coins as payment !!!) I also helped with the Goonies Newspaper Fratelli's mug shots. (if that ever goes to print, I get a free copy there also.)

I get valuable experience. I couldn't even 3D model when I started here, but I've been building up my skill. I learn by doing.

Thanks. I take on the pet projects that seem "stuck". When they needed a 3D designer for the Wick Coins, I stepped in and did the work for free. (well, I get some free final coins as payment !!!) I also helped with the Goonies Newspaper Fratelli's mug shots. (if that ever goes to print, I get a free copy there also.)

I get valuable experience. I couldn't even 3D model when I started here, but I've been building up my skill. I learn by doing.

Very cool!

Got a link to some of your 3D projects?

Rob

Sent from [location encrypted]...somewhere on the Tharkside of Barsoom ;)

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back