Subscribe
    Aug 17, 2011, 7:31 PM - Re: Fierfek's Star Wars pepakura file development (Stormtrooper & Boba armor links up #101

Sorry I'm late, I just got back from vacation. Anyways if you want, send me a few more files to unfold. (Anything but the Vader stuff). Hope I can help!

adenn.velek@gmail.com
  2. Member Since
    Apr 2010
    From
    Argentina
    Aug 18, 2011, 12:23 PM - Re: Fierfek's Star Wars pepakura file development (Stormtrooper & Boba armor links up #102

Sorry if I asked something that may have been answered... is the Rebel Fleet Trooper helmet ready? any link? thanks in advance!
    From
    Cannukada
    Aug 19, 2011, 5:04 PM - Re: Fierfek's Star Wars pepakura file development (Stormtrooper & Boba armor links up #103

GAH! 3-year old son's fickle descision on a Haloweenie costume (he's gone from "a dragon" to wanting to be "Loooke from the Rancor pit in Retourn of the Djedeye witha green lightsaber") has forced me to shift gears from doing the Stormie (Thanks Fierfek! I'll keep pluggin away at those!), to having to come up with a Vader. I've got unfolded files for most parts (shins, chest box, belt boxes, cod) except for the chest armor. Is anyone working on that unfold, or is there any resource specific to showing how to take a mesh through an unfold? I'd be happy to take a stab at it if so!
    Last edited by Timmythekid; Aug 19, 2011 at 5:10 PM.
    From
    Lothal
    Aug 19, 2011, 7:09 PM - Re: Fierfek's Star Wars pepakura file development (Stormtrooper & Boba armor links up #104

Timmythekid said: View Post
    GAH! 3-year old son's fickle descision on a Haloweenie costume (he's gone from "a dragon" to wanting to be "Loooke from the Rancor pit in Retourn of the Djedeye witha green lightsaber") has forced me to shift gears from doing the Stormie (Thanks Fierfek! I'll keep pluggin away at those!), to having to come up with a Vader. I've got unfolded files for most parts (shins, chest box, belt boxes, cod) except for the chest armor. Is anyone working on that unfold, or is there any resource specific to showing how to take a mesh through an unfold? I'd be happy to take a stab at it if so!
    You're welcome. I tried unfolding the Vader helmet, but have realized that the poly count has to be lowered in detail to get a better unfold. I'll see about unfolding the Vader armor tonight and will let everyone know how it goes.
  5. Member Since
    Jun 2011
    From
    UK
    Aug 19, 2011, 7:37 PM - Re: Fierfek's Star Wars pepakura file development (Stormtrooper & Boba armor links up #105

Fierfek said: View Post
    You're welcome. I tried unfolding the Vader helmet, but have realized that the poly count has to be lowered in detail to get a better unfold. I'll see about unfolding the Vader armor tonight and will let everyone know how it goes.
    hey mate! That's great news! Did you manage to look at the dome and flare or did you not get a chance yet?
    From
    South Dakota
    Aug 19, 2011, 9:01 PM - Re: Fierfek's Star Wars pepakura file development (Stormtrooper & Boba armor links up #106

This stuff all looks amazing. Looking forward to the Vader armor, hope it comes along soon. Keep up the great work everyone!
    From
    Cannukada
    Aug 20, 2011, 11:19 AM - Re: Fierfek's Star Wars pepakura file development (Stormtrooper & Boba armor links up #107

Thanks, Fierfek! Personally I'm not too worried about the lid, as I'll be using a DPCA Vader, but the armor pieces would be a godsend if you get around to them - I looked at the pep files I've already got, and the unfolds are definetly a little...messy...and scary...and they made me cry like a little girl when I tried to think about cutting and assembling all these strips of paper 10" long by 1/8" in multi-curved "S" shapes.... compared to what you've done with the armor you've put up so far. You seem to have a real knack for efficient, actually CUTTABLE unfolds!
  8. We miss you Orange RPF Premium Member Lando's Avatar
    From
    Nevada
    Aug 20, 2011, 11:53 AM - Re: Fierfek's Star Wars pepakura file development (Stormtrooper & Boba armor links up #108

Fierfek, do you have the link to the clone trooper armor?
    From
    Lothal
    Aug 20, 2011, 4:45 PM - Re: Fierfek's Star Wars pepakura file development (Stormtrooper & Boba armor links up #109

ATLANTHIA said: View Post
    hey mate! That's great news! Did you manage to look at the dome and flare or did you not get a chance yet?
    I haven't edited the helmet yet, but am in the process of researching accurate refrence pictures.
  10. Member Since
    Jul 2011
    Aug 21, 2011, 5:27 PM - Re: Fierfek's Star Wars pepakura file development (Stormtrooper & Boba armor links up #110

Hi Fierfek

Great work. I did PM you but judging by the number of posts here it was lost amongst the many. I'm fired up and ready to unfold anything you wanna mail to whitedogster@gmail.com

thanks!

WD
    From
    South Dakota
    Aug 21, 2011, 6:55 PM - Re: Fierfek's Star Wars pepakura file development (Stormtrooper & Boba armor links up #111

I'm willing to take a crack at the Vader chest armor. Never really tried it before, so I thought I'd give it a shot. Mythstryke@gmail.com, if you're OK with it.
    From
    Lothal
    Aug 21, 2011, 9:12 PM - Re: Fierfek's Star Wars pepakura file development (Stormtrooper & Boba armor links up #112

XWFalcon said: View Post
    I'm willing to take a crack at the Vader chest armor. Never really tried it before, so I thought I'd give it a shot. Mythstryke@gmail.com, if you're OK with it.
    I started unfolding the chest armor and am almost done. This unfold will be easy to build. It just takes alot of time and patience to get a good unfold that can be easily built. I'm scaling the armor with the 1:1 helmet measurements, so some will probably have to scale down a little.
    From
    Lothal
    Aug 21, 2011, 9:15 PM - Re: Fierfek's Star Wars pepakura file development (Stormtrooper & Boba armor links up #113

I edited the helmet and have successfully got it to a point that will be 100 times easier to unfold.
    [IMG][/IMG]
    From
    Cannukada
    Aug 21, 2011, 10:57 PM - Re: Fierfek's Star Wars pepakura file development (Stormtrooper & Boba armor links up #114

Great news, I for one will be looking forward to it! In the meantime I've started on your TK files, and have the chest built, and back almost completed. One question I've got, probably becuase I'm brand spanking new to pep (the TK chest was my first ever, and I'm really impressed with how well a good unfold goes together!) - on your Ab plate, unlike the chest and back, there are no numbers on my printed sheets, and the whole thing is in black (as opposed to red on the other two). Is this something I've accidentally changed in my viewer settings, or is it in the PDO itself? Also, there seem to be a variety of wierd triangles which don't go anywhere (again, on the Ab Plate file only), but which seem to be part of various parts, as well as some overlapping "fold/cut" indications. Is this part of this particular file, or again, is there maybe something I've messed up in my settings? Anyways, really impressed by how easily these go together, and I'll probably start a build thread with some pics if I get much further along tonight. Thanks again Fierfek!
    From
    Lothal
    Aug 22, 2011, 10:24 AM - Re: Fierfek's Star Wars pepakura file development (Stormtrooper & Boba armor links up #115

Timmythekid said: View Post
    Great news, I for one will be looking forward to it! In the meantime I've started on your TK files, and have the chest built, and back almost completed. One question I've got, probably becuase I'm brand spanking new to pep (the TK chest was my first ever, and I'm really impressed with how well a good unfold goes together!) - on your Ab plate, unlike the chest and back, there are no numbers on my printed sheets, and the whole thing is in black (as opposed to red on the other two). Is this something I've accidentally changed in my viewer settings, or is it in the PDO itself? Also, there seem to be a variety of wierd triangles which don't go anywhere (again, on the Ab Plate file only), but which seem to be part of various parts, as well as some overlapping "fold/cut" indications. Is this part of this particular file, or again, is there maybe something I've messed up in my settings? Anyways, really impressed by how easily these go together, and I'll probably start a build thread with some pics if I get much further along tonight. Thanks again Fierfek!
    Thanks I'm glad you like the files. Now, as far as the red outlined parts, I set the file from the default black print to save ink. When I unfolded and printed I must have left some files with red outlines. Also, the overlapping parts may have to be rearranged, but the intersecting tabs can be corrected when you cut out the parts.
  16. Member Since
    Jun 2011
    From
    UK
    Aug 22, 2011, 12:17 PM - Re: Fierfek's Star Wars pepakura file development (Stormtrooper & Boba armor links up #116

I know that when I first opened PEPAKURA designer and looked at my first open file, I inadvertently moved some of the unfolded pieces around. But as they are mostly password protected and cannot be altered, all I had to do was close it and reopen it and all was as before! Good job they ARE locked when eejits like me are roaming the RPF streets in large gangs of.....well......one
    From
    Cannukada
    Aug 22, 2011, 1:25 PM - Re: Fierfek's Star Wars pepakura file development (Stormtrooper & Boba armor links up #117

Well, it's not so much overlapping pieces, but a line indicating "cut" and aline indicating "fold" being printed on top of each other. Again, not a huge deal, but the lack of numbers threw me for a second as I'd just been rocking along playing connect the dots on the chest and back, then suddenly I has trying to figure out what went where from the 3D view. Not a huge problem on the Ab plate as it's pretty simple and only 4 pages, but just made me wonder if I had screwed something up that I can't find a setting for in the menus. The other thing that threw me was the extra triangles which didn't seem to show up in the 3D preview, but were indicated as included in the pieces when I went to chop 'em all up.
    From
    Lothal
    Aug 22, 2011, 6:26 PM - Re: Fierfek's Star Wars pepakura file development (Stormtrooper & Boba armor links up #118

ATLANTHIA said: View Post
    I know that when I first opened PEPAKURA designer and looked at my first open file, I inadvertently moved some of the unfolded pieces around. But as they are mostly password protected and cannot be altered, all I had to do was close it and reopen it and all was as before! Good job they ARE locked when eejits like me are roaming the RPF streets in large gangs of.....well......one
    Of course, mate there is always a first for everything, it wasn't such a long time ago since I first discovered pepakura. Even so, I'm delighted at the amount of insight and assistance rendered by this community.
    From
    Lothal
    Aug 23, 2011, 9:47 AM - Re: Fierfek's Star Wars pepakura file development (Stormtrooper & Boba armor links up #119

Lando said: View Post
    Fierfek, do you have the link to the clone trooper armor?
    I haven't unfolded the clonetrooper armor yet, but will start on that as soon as I finish unfolding the vader armor.
    From
    UK
    Aug 23, 2011, 10:01 AM - Re: Fierfek's Star Wars pepakura file development (Stormtrooper & Boba armor links up #120

hey Fierfek, i've been trying to avoid this thread until i get my build finished, i'm terrible for getting tempted into starting something new :o)

invaluable work man! i think i might have a little dabble of your stormtrooper armour once i finish my lid :oP
    From
    Lothal
    Aug 23, 2011, 12:41 PM - Re: Fierfek's Star Wars pepakura file development (Stormtrooper & Boba armor links up #121

terra1 said: View Post
    hey Fierfek, i've been trying to avoid this thread until i get my build finished, i'm terrible for getting tempted into starting something new :o)

invaluable work man! i think i might have a little dabble of your stormtrooper armour once i finish my lid :oP
    Thanks, I know what you mean, it's always hard to stay focused on one project when you have so many options. If you get started on the armor, I'm sure you'll do a marvelous job.
  22. We miss you Orange RPF Premium Member Lando's Avatar
    From
    Nevada
    Aug 23, 2011, 12:56 PM - Re: Fierfek's Star Wars pepakura file development (Stormtrooper & Boba armor links up #122

im having the same problem im working on 3 different projects and I cant get nothing completed.
    From
    Lothal
    Aug 23, 2011, 4:01 PM - Re: Fierfek's Star Wars pepakura file development (Stormtrooper & Boba armor links up #123

Darth Vader shoulder armor is now unfolded and up for download.
    From
    South Dakota
    Aug 23, 2011, 4:15 PM - Re: Fierfek's Star Wars pepakura file development (Darth Vader armor links up!) #124

Oh man, awesome. I can't wait to take a crack at this. Great work.
    From
    Lothal
    Aug 23, 2011, 6:15 PM - Re: Fierfek's Star Wars pepakura file development (Darth Vader armor links up!) #125

XWFalcon said: View Post
    Oh man, awesome. I can't wait to take a crack at this. Great work.
    Thanks, I have the chest box unfolded and will upload that shortly. The rest of the parts are almost ready.