Bob the Alien (Giger inspired Alien)

I think it s also a very nice piece. in fact its the original giger sculpt! I am a big fan of the new head. the other sideshow bust... well, like day and night. but in my opinion, Leight s bust represents the screen appearance better than the cool props head. its a little bit like the sano alien and the ArtFX.
Nice work :) You do realise the warriors head is smaller ?/QUOTE]

it really was? maybe for the stunt suits right? the puppet heads seem much bigger than the head from the first movie to me. And I am not sure about this, but were not different sized heads used in the first movie too? for the stuntman??? really not sure about it, just found a picture of a foam stunt helmet (without the transparent dome) in the net, which have less ribs of the bis tube than the others...

I mean this one:

8632709_1.jpg

It was a Little bit smaler.... Bit it takes to many versions of this head! Sideshow Toys was a very good Referenz!!! The uper side of the head was a very hard work.....

There is a guy on facebook that has a (don post?) latex casting, apparently taken from an original mold. I saw he also put it up on the bay. Not sure I can link it here legally, but it's interesting to see.

s-l1600.jpg

You can find it there easily by searching giger alien head don post.

Paint job looks good, a bit brown for my though. The only think that looks off to me is the spines on top of the head.

If it's really a don Post 1/30 castings, thats pretty amazing score for anyone. I thought on buying it, but decided to skip it.

dday... Looks to me like the stunt head :confused
Seen these before, its a nice piece & looks like it has lineage to the original.

Right... ok, I don't know if you'll like this? Try to imagine the dome fitted & I've been fiddling with the nose :)

944.JPG

I need to cast it in tinted clear but black will do for now :)

I've got to crack on with the tendons now

I had never seen a replica with her lips in this pose. It's nice because you see your lips and teeth well. It expresses tension. The details are always at the top. Great Leigh!:thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup

I really like all the versions you have done so far, because they were all well and each one expressed a particular moment. This too is beautiful. Difficult Decide. Of course it would be absurd to close your lips, canceling the existence of your teeth. To distinguish from the usual copies of Alien it is a good idea to leave your lips half open. it is only to find the expression you want to represent. At the moment I liked it all. if it were mine, I would try to lower the bottom one. But I do not want to influence your choices.

The base will be a one piece solid polyurethane structure with reinforcing ribs built in, when I eventually finish the mould :)

I am very very impressed. The first iteration of the lips I wasn't liking but your revamp is perfect for the closed mouth. Not absolutely sure how I like it with the open mouth though. IT's good, but the open mouth should have a different set of tension on the lips. If you bare your own teeth, then open your mouth wide, you see the different in the way your lips are shaped.

I am very very impressed. The first iteration of the lips I wasn't liking but your revamp is perfect for the closed mouth. Not absolutely sure how I like it with the open mouth though. IT's good, but the open mouth should have a different set of tension on the lips. If you bare your own teeth, then open your mouth wide, you see the different in the way your lips are shaped.

The lips wont change but the tendons will be rubber & will stretch. :)

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back