Bob the Alien (Giger inspired Alien)

Out of the thousands of threads I’ve gone through during my time on the RPF, this one right here? This is my favorite. One I always come back to.. and when I see it at the top of the forum.. oh boy.. it’s a great day.

Fantastic work Leigh. It just gets better and better. :)

Thanks for the kind words Guy's :)

As I mentioned above I modified the jaw. Quite a lot of work has gone into this & lots of subtle changes. The extra tubes are there to represent parts that do appear to be on the original in the ref's I'm using, its difficult to see exactly how they look but this is what I've gone for :) The flat area's inside the mouth will have a rubber insert fitted. This insert will be a bit like a sock that'll fit round the tongue & will have extra detail (not too much though) & the tongue will slide in & out through it. This insert part will be completely new as there wasn't one (to my knowledge) on the original.

Here's a couple of pic's :)

975.JPG

976.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the kind words Guy's :)

So cool Leigh. As usual. Love it.

So what are your next steps?

I've got a little more work to do to the back of the jaw & some texturing. I've got some subtle modifications to make to the upper face part of the main head casting & then some tweaking to the head mould to accommodate the changes (that'll be interesting).
Then I've got to make rigid moulds for the rubber parts & test the casts to make sure they work how I hope they will :)
I've got some silicone moulds to make for the lips, the cheek tubes & the throat flap.
Then I need to decide what to do with the dome :/

It reads like a lot but the list is getting much smaller :)

Wow this ALIEN would make HR Giger proud! Awesome Job man! Can't wait to see it finished!

Will you ever offer castings of this beauty? Would be a dream!

Greetings

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back