Bob the Alien (Giger inspired Alien)

Thank you Leigh for having me jumped while seeing your pic of the Alien's lip up close and personal:D Wow, mate! Pro-Job all the way:cool

Question - Is the lower jaw 2 different ones? OR does it just slide down?

Its one jaw hinged so it opens & closes. The tongue tucks away inside when the jaw is closed, it then drops a little, slides out & the little jaws on the tongue also open on hinges.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks for the feedback folks :) I've been working on the tendons today :)

Ok, This is all in plastic now :)

953.JPG

955.JPG

956.JPG

I've still got to do the other side yet. The plan is to fettle these bits until they're spot-on & then make moulds for each part.

It took me ages to get a shape I'm finally happy with :)

Reading this thread was a wild ride! The patience, dedication and commitment to detail displayed here is inspiring. And of course the bust is looking phenomenal, I can't wait to see it finished!

Splendid work Leigh! It´s amazing, that having Giger´s creature around me far more than the half of my life and spending recreating it as well for a long time, You managed to make it scare me again :D Thumps up!

Nice updates.Love it.I think the difference between the coolprops and your Alien is,that coolprops is the dead prop head.Very nice but no life in it.
And yours is a lifesize statue that is catching a moment from the movie how the Alien lives.:):thumbsup

Just a little update...

I'm still working on this, little bits here & there & as usual I'm making changes... still :)

In an effort to get the desired look I'm going to have to make another jaw mould, more teeth moulds for the tongue & the main teeth. I've modified the lips, created new parts & rejigged the tendons, moulds to be made of that lot too :)

I've opened up the sides of the jaw so that the tongue can be seen when the mouth is closed, to me this is a closer look to the Rambaldi head than I could achieve with the original jaw.

I cant find a urethane rubber that's soft enough in clear so it looks like I'll have to use silicone. The glue will be expensive & I don't even know how good it holds. So I'm making the parts with as much gluing surface area as possible & including shapes into the parts so they almost hold themselves in place.

I still have everything in rigid urethane plastic at the moment & I'm not far off starting the moulds for these :)

Here's just a couple of pics of how he looks so far :)

974.JPG

973.JPG

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back