Bob the Alien (Giger inspired Alien)

Re: Bob the Alien Sculpting finished pages 45 & 69

Alien_Sculpt_By_Leigh_Artwork_By_Kasper_2015_zpsegvkd0ie.jpg

Hopefully :D
The current situation is that we're trying to sell a house! When that's sold I'll have the money to get the rest of the materials I need & get the vac forming done.
I'm sorry I can't give you any more at the moment & thanks for thinking of me :)

That's perfectly alright Leigh. Was just getting a bit worried.. :D

Would be a shame if something personal was going to hinder this
great project, with all that time, effort and money you've put in it..

Great to hear that Bob is still in the works.. and that nothing too
serious is going on..

Good luck with the house, and thanks for the update..

Hopefully :D
The current situation is that we're trying to sell a house! When that's sold I'll have the money to get the rest of the materials I need & get the vac forming done.
I'm sorry I can't give you any more at the moment & thanks for thinking of me :)

Re: Bob the Alien (Giger inspired Alien) Currently in Limbo

I'm rooting for you mate; your sculpt is incredible and would be a must buy for any fans of the franchise. Eager to see the next update:)

Re: Bob the Alien (Giger inspired Alien) Sculpting finished page 45

:$ Thanks guy's :)

Here's where I'm going with the supporting structure for the partition, it's quite sturdy & all slot's together. Over this I can build the partition out of what ever is suitable adding key's etc :)

If you can see me going wrong here or forgetting something important please say so :)

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i246/LJH74/Alien stuff/583_zps31e37956.jpg

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i246/LJH74/Alien stuff/584_zps8b2665ca.jpg

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i246/LJH74/Alien stuff/585_zps6a6462a6.jpg

:)

Hello Leigh,
impressive work also for the support structure.
I have some questions for you:
What material is hazelnut color connection to the mold division? (It seems folding, a mixture between the cardboard and wood.)
If and how you closed the small gap that remain between this material and the model?

See you soon :)

DD
attachment.jpg

QUESTION.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Its quarter inch MDF on a wooden structure.
I filled the small gap between the MDF & the clay by mixing a little silicone with the thixotropic additive & applying a bead of that with an artist brush prior to my first detail coat :)

HTH :)

I want to build myself a model , because this thread has inspired me . I have some beginner questions .

1. What is the lower jaw attached to the upper jaw ? I can not find any photos or other information .
2. What glay would you use it? Brand ? Not too expensive ... I do not need it much .
3. Which corrugated pipes are exactly? Link?

Thanx so much for help

Hi, Thanks for the interest & it pleases me immensely that my thread has inspired you to create your own :)
I know its a long thread but all the answers to your questions should be covered within the thread :)

1. When I made the upper & lower jaws I made hinges & they are held together with a pin.
2. I used an oil based clay by a UK company called Newplast. Its just like Plasticine but has no sulphur in it.
3. The majority of the smaller pipework is flexible cable conduit, there's some vacuum cleaner hose & the big tubes either side of the head are universal radiator hose.

HTH :)

That's some really amazing work. I have to admit, it dose inspire me to make my own but don't think I would be happy with the out come.

Many thanks :)

I say give it a try! I didn't really know where I was going with mine at the start, I didn't know if I had the ability to pull it off & I'm a fussy bugger :)
If you've got the time & the inclination to give it a go... go for it!

I have a small update:

I've run a disposable plaster mould over the lips & tendons & cast them in polyurethane plastic. So they're now rigid & separate from everything. I changed a couple of details & I'm pretty much ready to make a master mould.
I'm planning to build the mould out of the hardest silicone I can find. It needs to be just a bit softer than something like bicycle tyre rubber when set, has anybody got any suggestions on a type of rubber & a supplier in the UK??

Thanks

:)

Yes, I'm planning on it I think. I'm a bit like you, always wanted to do one and a fussy bugga to. That's probably the only thing that's put me off, knowing its not looking right.

I'm doing a lot of research at the moment and buy supplies. I'm struggling to find anything with scales of size.

I'm well I'm pressed with your work. You do inspire me.

Leigh, so glad that your marvelous sculpt/mold is not dead. Looking forward to more updates of course;)

Cast that part in clear resin and you are set. :)

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back