Bob the Alien (Giger inspired Alien)

Man all i can say is if this is your first project of this kind then WOW! I am kinda newish here so hadn't seen this before but looking through the entire thread i think it is fantastic. Well done!

Very impressive redo of jaw.I haven't seen this thread for a while but I'm still amazed at your attention to detail.AWESOME WORK! BTW are you going with a clear dome and view of the brain or what?

I would also say you should make a scull-like version and a smooth version of the head.

This is the A L I E N version of the creature, which does need to have the skull, but it's different in many other ways from the eyeless Aliens version. When finished it will also have a translucent dome over the top of the whole head, which gives it the eyeless appearance anyway.

Very impressive redo of jaw.I haven't seen this thread for a while but I'm still amazed at your attention to detail.AWESOME WORK!

Totally seconded. Just wow...

Your all too kind, Thank you :)

This is the A L I E N version of the creature, which does need to have the skull, but it's different in many other ways from the eyeless Aliens version. When finished it will also have a translucent dome over the top of the whole head, which gives it the eyeless appearance anyway.

Spot on :thumbsup

The cheeks are now done, I'll need to do a final detail & texture but I'll do that to the whole head in one hit. At this stage while I still have work to do I tend to leave finger prints all over the place.

I'm after a bit more critisism here: Does anything need altering from the very front upto the orange bits ?? is there anything I've missed ?? or anything that could be better?? Thanks

Heres some cheeky pics:
171.jpg

170.jpg

173.jpg

Last edited:
Love the new teeth. You totally got the shape of the dentition now, especially you fixed the mistake many other sculptors or toymakers did in the past, to close the upper and lower frontal teeth together. They had that gap in the original which is seen so nicely in the frontal shot of yours.

Thumbs up man. I linger for every update here.

Clutch...........Any chance you could elaborate on your pic please. :) I do have that pic in my refs??
I'm a little confused :confused

Leigh,
It's Sunday morning and the clocks went back last night have a lie in!:lol

I think Clutch might have just been showing us how good yours is compared to the original?

Leigh,
It's Sunday morning and the clocks went back last night have a lie in!:lol

I think Clutch might have just been showing us how good yours is compared to the original?

That is a lie in for me :)

I dunno, I think he's hinting at me changing something :confused

A little update:

I'm having a go at his throat area as I want to cast the bottom jaw with part of the throat moulded into it. In the process I've ended up re-carving his neck or most of it & it fits up nicely around the back of the jaw:
174.jpg

In the next pic you can see where I'm making a fillet for the underside of the jaw out of foam, this will be covered in the convoluted pipe & then blended into the jaw prior to moulding. Thats the current plan anyway :)
175.jpg

I chose a 4.5" dia for the roundness of the throat area, I've got a feeling I'm going to have to create my own covering for the throat to mimic the pipe that was used originally.

I'm really not happy with my poor attempt at the shape of the upper torso, so to make life easier I'm on the hunt for a polystyrene mannequin torso I can chop up. Also He may not keep the leaning forward look as it leaves him a little unstable. I'm going to have to put some thought into how to pose him :confused

Last edited:
I dunno, Leigh. I think this is at the stage where everything you do just makes him look better and better.

When i saw the Geiger pic, i was astonished at just how close your Alien is to the original.

Again, top work.

Rich

I dunno, Leigh. I think this is at the stage where everything you do just makes him look better and better.

When i saw the Geiger pic, i was astonished at just how close your Alien is to the original.

Again, top work.

Rich

Thank you :) It really is a pleasure to be part of a community that has such a caring & considerate attitude towards others & their efforts :) Thanks again for the support folks :)

OK, I've had a go at re-shaping the torso & neck I'm looking for opinions on this please:
176.jpg

177.jpg

178.jpg

:)

Last edited:
I think it looks great, as always. No tweaks or nitpicks jump out at me right at the moment.

I'd like to say the forward lean of the torso is a terrific look, though - really agressive. I hope you can keep that. Maybe put some weights in the back of the head? And your torso's fine - it'll presumably get Gigerised anyway, yeah? I don't think you need a mannequin.

looks really good to me buddy, id go with what you have

Thanks for the offer Chewcy & sorry to mess you about :$

I think it looks great, as always. No tweaks or nitpicks jump out at me right at the moment.

I'd like to say the forward lean of the torso is a terrific look, though - really agressive. I hope you can keep that. Maybe put some weights in the back of the head? And your torso's fine - it'll presumably get Gigerised anyway, yeah? I don't think you need a mannequin.

Gigerised :D yeah. I'm much happier with it now though, so it'll stay as is for the time being :)

Thanks for the input :) :thumbsup

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back