ZF-1 BUILD UP problems and questions

Death by ZF-1 would be bad. Geraldo would do an expose on the dark underbelly of an addiction called prop building and how our strive for accuracy tears apart homes and families and can even lead to overdosing and death.

Hi again, its been now a year since we started and I think its been worth the wait, still more to tackle and do, but the good thing is everyone should have what you see below.
Glen and myself are in constant communication about every square millimetre of this thing, so that we can answer all questions you may have at time of your build.

someone also asked me to why they havent seen anything built so i will show some pics of where we are.
You can also use this post as a guide of what you dont have and still need to order.
Glen has already more parts on hand , new drawn ready to produce and also new plates coming out SOON.
Mars

photo8.jpg

photo10.jpg

photo9.jpg

...and I already found a spot for mine!!

photo4.jpg

Mars, this update pics are absolutely terrific bud - what a superior build in every respect.

I must say though that I always thought the ZF-1 was an enormous weapon but seeing it next to Aussie lad Maximus Decimus Meridius' armour and sword, I have to say that Russ would have handed Zorg his head on a plate..

Seems like everything you own is perfectly built and presented.

Cheers for sharing

Highest regards

MARK

i have to have a napkin ever time i look at this thread to wipe off the drool...........i am going to have to start building one of these badboys......

Mark, possibly the highest compliment coming form a great artist, thank you!

LOL yes it rather looks small the ZF, but it is actually a monster!
must be the angle or something !
We are very happy of how it has turned out,

Mr bungles, we also used a napkin for when they told us what the parts were going to cost! lol
thanks for the post
Mars

Mars your attention to detail is incredible. Your ZF-1 is the best I have seen bar none.

Mars, this update pics are absolutely terrific bud - what a superior build in every respect.

I must say though that I always thought the ZF-1 was an enormous weapon but seeing it next to Aussie lad Maximus Decimus Meridius' armour and sword, I have to say that Russ would have handed Zorg his head on a plate..

Seems like everything you own is perfectly built and presented.

Cheers for sharing

Highest regards

MARK

Mark I have been lucky enough to see Mars' collection and you are spot on. Everything is perfect and beautifully displayed. Without a doubt he is a very classy guy and he sets the bar very high.

Thank you, but please this is zombie's baby and creation also!!
Please take this as the highest compliment bud , but he is the most anal and perfectionist guy I have ever known!
It is because of this that ALL your zfs will look as this does!
He is a very talented and gifted artist IMO , if it aint right he probably won't do it!
Thanks again fellows
Mars

Mate, I did mention that very thing in the ZF parts run. But it is worth saying here too. His attention to detail is insane. You can see it in any of the build threads he shows as well. To me this is the ultimate prop, and it is close to perfect thanks to the work you have both put in.

I hope you work together on something else in the future. I would definitely sign up for another Fifth Element prop if you 2 ever did one. just say the words "gimme the cash!"

All this ZF-1 news has got me back onto making mine.

So managed to get the correct domes, and try them in place. They need the slots cutting and nipple removing, but they fit perfectly!

Sit just right in the gold rings. Nice work guys!

I've been meaning to post all week, but everything is looking amazing guys! Thanks for all you have done on this. I can't wait to get my next shipment so I can start putting stuff together!

Gregg

I finally started putting mine together. So far so good!! The parts are even more impressive when they get attached to one another.

IMG00034-20120401-1205.jpg

It's exciting isn't it!!

Lewis...are you going to make the domes available or is that something that will come from Marcel?

I can order in the domes for everyone...and you will have to cut your own slots...or i think Mars is doing a cast of a cut dome hes making.

So depends on how accurate you want it! Real domes, or resin ones.

Looking good. How many of us are using 2 piece pods that need to be epoxied together and how many have Superkrates 1 piece pod?

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back