ZF-1 BUILD UP problems and questions

That's great!! what voltage does it need to run?

It's running off a 9V battery (according to my calculations - it should run for at least 24hrs continuously on a 9V) but it'll run on 12V as well. I may run the whole thing off a 12 rechargeable battery pack

Here's a pic of the rats nest of wiring (in a perfect world someone would design a circuit board to mount the LEDs)

photo_8.jpg

and one of the pod top, and LEDS stuck in the front of the Voyager kit (it's a long exposure so all the lights appear to be on)

dsc_3007.jpg

Mars, I'm still trying to figure out how it all will fit together with the pod I have and the airsoft and the new parts which arrived yesterday :) here's a pic from a couple of weeks ago after I started cutting up the pod...
dsc_2964.jpg

Wow mate , nice sight!!
There is no stopping you now. Lol
Can't believe though the parts took that long!
I think I sent them on Monday.

Jon, great work with the electronics!

Now you need to make some more and sell them to us...

Hope you do a little run...i'd be in.

Can people do detailed build up descriptions and photos....I'm interested in how people put this puzzle together!

Lewis I think this is what you wanted...
little bracket hold the rear fins, however one size screw will fit BUT the other will have to be smaller, i am not sure if I packed this smaller one on the bags for all!

DSC_0739.jpg

i also sent out little bracket to put side by side, but I am not happy with them so just an angle piece of alloy cut into small brackets would replace these in the following pic

DSC_0740.jpg

and lastly , once your top pod fits nicely over the frame, measure the rear plate so it contours the back of the pod, it is then that you want to mark the height before drilling the holes on the whale plates.

DSC_0742.jpg

Hold up on doing anything with that back plate guys. I should have said something to mars. With the new pics i want to redo it that so it is more screen accurate. That part was designed early on before any clear pics were available. This has been the reason for the holdups. I am having to redo certain parts so they are more SA.

Last edited:
ok since i am getting bombarded with questions , like if I knew what i was doing, i am going to try and start my pod!
where to start?

first thing is to line up the angled top plate with the correct angle of the 2 side plates, must be hard up to it.

DSC_0754.jpg

before drilling the first hole , insert the whale plates and make sure now the angle matches to the side and top plate, if need to , you may have to grind a little to close the gap.
work with one side at a time , clamp it and drill one pilot hole.
The brackets that were supplied may be used although I used an angle alloy bar and cut out small brackets.
After drilling use a countersunk to remove debris and excess barb around hole, insert the first screw tighten , check for the gap and drill the other 3.
if you have drilled it wrong and created a small gap, make the hole bigger on the plate that needs to move.

DSC_0755.jpg

after repeating this process on the other side , you may dismantle and clean all holes and polish the plates.

next will be the bottom tongue.
i first cut out per pics the marqui part, and this will be based on the Superskate pod.
The bottom tongue will need to be trimmed on either side whichever pod you use,as much as 5mm from the front to about half to 3/4 way to the back, this must be adjusted prior to installing the tongue to the side plates.
Also front fold on tongue must be bent back to allow the irregular shape of the marqui to sit straight, then trim the lower fins to the new angle.
This cannot be done until your pod is in position.
assemble the bottom pod with out fins but using the marqui as a guide, when you roughly have the bottom pod, tongue and marqui part matching up, we can start placing it to the built up upper frame.
line up other marqui ,sit ring in place and position the tongue, once the front is where you want it , you must pay attention to the gap you leave for your arm to fit in, if you are using the AK put that in there also .
this is as close as I got it, will drill it next, I have checked the rocket and barrel height , seems ok

DSC_0759.jpg

and a closer pic

DSC_0760.jpg

this would be an incorrect position as the back is too opened
the bottom pod flat part (fishing weights) should sit flat once installed to the tongue

INCORRECT

DSC_0758.jpg

ok got going last night a bit more.

secured bottom tongue to side plates, this measurements work for me!
I will post a pic with measurements , just dont know how to mark it on the Apple!
Next I will secure the lower fins to the tongue, pics coming on this.
DSC_0734.jpg

centered the front marqui part and super glued it temporarily to the tongue, Glenn recomended i cut a groove in the middle to push the mag of the ak a little back if i had to, it did .
I then positioned the AK where it goes and will sort out a way to secure it in the next few days, i have an idea, for now I tested all the parts and they miss the AK by mms.
DSC_0735.jpg

http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll4/marsattack70/zf-1 build up RPF/DSC_0740-1.jpg

between the brass clippar dand the blue blocks , there is a gap of 7mm.
The gap in the real prop has been filled with a piece of wood!!!
yes wood, Glenn said it was redoak!!!lol

I cut a piece the height of the clippard and wedges in between and held with the screw that locks alltogether.

DSC_0738-1.jpg

as you can see the rocket sits nicely , however the rear of the rocket has been shaped to fit around mag.
mag will be difficult to remove to refill if rocket is not removed!!
actually impossible.
securing the rocket is simple and in YOUR frames the rocket is able to pull out with the fins glued, in mine it does not!
The main barrel has been shaped around my AK, this is only for testing height .

DSC_0741-1.jpg

DSC_0737-1.jpg

Has anyone figured out a good way to attach the torch end to the torch
tube, with the brass spacer? And perhaps another way to do it so it is
angled towards the nozzle, like the flame version?

Thanks Ken

Those little brass tubes will not work. I have to figure something else out. I hacked one of the torches up (and destroyed it) to see whats in it. I will need to make something different.
Ken if you want it aimed at the nozzle you will have to make that. You would need to cut off the front part of the torch tube and make a brass piece like the flame gun. Also the torch brass part and finned parts have safety valves and other parts in them, you can't just cut it in half like i though. I have not given up but it will take some time to figure it out.

So I'm FINALLY starting to collect parts for this, and I think I just about have all of the off the shelf parts minus the torch and the RS dial (anyone have ones they want to trade for a grip??).

So my question is, I'm trying to decide whether or not to add the AK-47, what ones are you guys using? Best piece for the money sort of thing.

Gregg

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back