ZF-1 BUILD UP problems and questions

Hi Dan , this has been an ongoing project for almost 2 years.
Glen (zombiekiller) And myself have spent hundreds and hundred of hours drawing , arguing ,making , destroying, cutting then making them again etc.
Not to count the hours of logistics and fabrication.
Although we did all this we could not of created it into a living thing without the support of the other 11 guys on this run.

I am sorry glen and myself cannot help you with the purchase of any parts at this moment.
I cannot also comment on someone else's parts as I do not have one .
I do own a fibreglass pod from superkrates .
Best you can do is read up on all available thread, as there are many, 3 alone from us. And after if you have any questions ask away.
There is also a lot of reference pics out there .

To the rest of the guys , this is were the zf should be up to.
Rather than try and take a billion pictures please ask what part are you struggling with or need help with.
It is impossible for us to do a build thread and tell you where to cut and so on when we ourselves are in constant communication and changing and tweaking things.
This is a little different to glens as I have tried to incorporate the air soft in there also and making it look like the flamer gun.
The bottom part is not yet been resolved , glen has started but is still to receive important components from me,
Do not start cutting anything until glen or myself has finished the zf.
The upper half minus the red tube and side darts however should be completed.

mars2Medium1_zpsf878fec8.jpg

mars3Medium_zps058c4ec0.jpg

mars1Medium_zps9d73d8f8.jpg

Shown above is the bigger rocket .
If you would like to replace the upper blue block for this size I need to reorder those at the original cost.
Otherwise your rockets are the smaller tube.
The rear sight is spring loaded so by hand it lifts and locks in place.
I will upload a video if I can of this and post the info of the springs.

Again please ask what you need help with and I will do my best to answer and show.

This looks pretty damn amazing Mars, I'm along way off on mine.

Why did you make the rocket bigger in the end?

Can you take some pics of the sight, and the mechanism you use to clip it?

Looking great.

Also....I have no clue what to do with all of the new parts for the back end.

Did we ever get pictures of those parts?

Gregg

Also....I have no clue what to do with all of the new parts for the back end.

Did we ever get pictures of those parts?

Gregg

Unfortunatly the guy who drew the parts is the last to receive them. :unsure When i get them i'll send pics of them and their hardware.

Last edited:
Sorry have been yelled at for not helping with progress pics,
The zf pic is what parts you all should have till now.
I made a few mistakes in assembling the rear parts , so I would prefer glen shows how to go about it since he worked it out.
I would be more than happy to show pics to each ones email.
Glen had to send me links to my own pics as I cannot upload them.

I also apologise for not spending time in this zf due to personal issues over the last months but there is no outstanding orders.
Unfortunately glens parts were the last to go out .
Which should of been first .
I assembled the rear in a short time after glen emailed me through it .
Thank yoy

Just a heads up that Mars just sent a bunch of pics and notes that I am compiling for a Build Bible.

Is there a way to make this an open source document that can be added to?

Gregg

Here is the page with links (it's long so I used the spoiler tag).

1. EtherPad

EtherPad offers real-time editing and collaboration of plain text documents. It includes a mini chat room and shows each user’s edits with their own color in real time. Also nice is the ability to save and restore revisions.

etherpad.png

The interface is a little barebones and too many common features we’ve grown accustomed to in office suites are missing but this is a good solution for basic brainstorming sessions for groups of people in real time.
There are some major negatives: First, you can’t store any documents online as you can with other solutions and you have to track each and every cryptic URL. Additionally, there’s no clean and easy way to export finished documents and you also can’t import or open Microsoft Office documents like the other options can.
Here’s a video demo of Etherpad in action.
2. Google Docs

Google Docs offers all three office apps for creating documents, spreadsheets and presentations. They also offer good sharing features which means you can collaborate with others in real-time at the same time on the same documents.
There’s also an option to post the document to a blog or website and have any changes updated automatically by itself. This makes it sort of like a wiki and a blog publishing platform. A downside to Google Docs is that you can’t chat with others inside Google Docs, but then again, you can always use Gtalk.
3. Zoho

Like Google Docs, Zoho offers a suite of apps to create online documents, spreadsheets and presentations (plus databases), but their sharing features are much better. Not only can you invite others to view or edit documents, but you can create groups to make them easier to manage.
zoho.jpg
Additionally, like Google Docs you can publish any doc to your blog or website, but it also adds a new feature that Google doesn’t offer which is the ability to make any document public. Zoho provides a unique URL and RSS feed for every public document which is updated automatically whenever a change is made.
You can also chat live with collaborators by using a tab on the left that shows all collaborators, making it easy to communicate while editing a document together in real time. And, if you need to go back and check older versions of the document you can.
4. Microsoft Office Live

Microsoft Office Live allows existing owners of Microsoft Office to share and collaborate with other Office owners by using their Microsoft Office Online account. It's important to note that this service is not free and if you do not have Office installed on your computer then you’re out of luck.
In order to make this a truly useful solution, Microsoft will need to provide a true web version of their apps in the cloud. However, if you just want to share Microsoft Office documents with colleagues that have Office then this could be a viable option.
5. ThinkFree

ThinkFree provides a slick suite of online apps like Zoho and Google Docs. You can use the web versions of their apps or install a desktop client that syncs with your online account which will allow you to work offline. Zoho and Google claim to let you work offline via Google gears but you can’t create new documents offline, only view existing ones. Thinkfree allows you to do everything just like the full blown Microsoft Office suite.

thinkfree_office.png

The service offers great sharing options for individuals or groups. Each document is Microsoft Office compatible and if the person you're working with doesn't have Microsoft Office they can view documents with a free ThinkFree viewer. ThinkFree also provides an offering similar to Microsoft Project with up to three free projects. Another plus? You get 1 GB of storage online for your documents.

Hi Gregg , I hope those help,
I wouldn't call it a bible , just one method of assembling that worked for me.
Glen should have his parts soon , maybe wait for his build up and he may do things a little different , making it either easier or better.

Thanks
Mars

Man, what a great idea! I vote for Google docs, also, but would be grateful for anything and happy to contribute if and when I come up with something worthwhile! :)

Parts have come in and i will pick them up from my shipping addy wednesday. So i will try and start working on it again this weekend.

I'm just going to post the pics I have here for now, I'm sure once Glen gets going, we'll have all of the info we could possibly need.

Gregg

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back