Official Team Fortress 2 discussion thread.

Tank O' Guinness

Hello all,

As you all know Team Fortress 2 became Free to play. I had it purchased before and I thought that the RPF should have a thread dedicated to it.
If you are unsure as to what Team Fortress 2 is It is a first person shooter, class based PC (and Mac) video game (available on Steam)

I loved this game when it came out. I'm old school, playing TFC. I haven't played it in a couple years though but I heard they changed a lot of stuff. Adding a store and whatnot?

I wish I could play this more often. I haven't played the game in over a year, thanks to my crappy computer and internet speeds. I have cosplayed as an engineer for conventions though. That's me as the BLU engineer on the right.

39195_128517540526416_100001045134421_160859_5610120_n.jpg

And my Tom Servo tried to sneak into Red Team but got kicked out since he doesn't have any weaponry (with the exception of riffing bad movies apart, lol)

264707_1691071370132_1638193171_1293999_5051630_n.jpg

But yeah, that game is freaking amazing. Can't wait to start playing it again when I fix my internet.

I heard about this. I used to play on Xbox and Steam and had a blast. I might have to get back into it. If anyone is interested, maybe we can get a clan or something to meet up and play sometime.

I honestly don't even remember my steam account. I have to dig out my old laptop to try and get all my steam info.

I started playing in 2008 on my Xbox, and pretty quickly made the jump to PC shortly after. In the past I've gone months without touching it. Ever since the Engineer update I have been playing pretty regularly again.

As strange as it sounds I think I enjoy the characters, the 'Meet the Team' videos, and the lore of the game more than the game itself these days. Its gotten to the point where I feel like I know the characters so well I feel like I am playing a RPG and not a FPS (even though that is BS).

As far as the Free to Play thing, it doesn't bother me. At first the influx of people who had never played before was a bit much but now its mellowed out.

What ever it takes the keep TF2 fresh, exciting, and in the public eye, then I am all for it. Some of the updates have been pretty radical and have down right changed the pace of the game, but I like that. If the game was exactly the same as it was 4 years ago then I doubt people would still be interested in it.

I wish I could play this more often. I haven't played the game in over a year, thanks to my crappy computer and internet speeds. I have cosplayed as an engineer for conventions though. That's me as the BLU engineer on the right.

39195_128517540526416_100001045134421_160859_5610120_n.jpg

And my Tom Servo tried to sneak into Red Team but got kicked out since he doesn't have any weaponry (with the exception of riffing bad movies apart, lol)

264707_1691071370132_1638193171_1293999_5051630_n.jpg

But yeah, that game is freaking amazing. Can't wait to start playing it again when I fix my internet.

That's cool let me know when you do!

I played the original Team fortress when it first was a mod for halflife when i had a crappy modem oh...10 years or so ago..
Now i have started getting in to it again. Wanna make some TF2 weapon props as well.
A RPF team sounds great :)
contec_1982 is me on Steam.

Last edited:
I'll try and dig it up. I used to be part of one of the oldest TFC clans before I gave it up. I became quite the BA pyro in TF2.

I just started playing when it became free, but I have like 15 hours played or something like that. It's a very fun game. My steam name is R5-D4 if anyone is interested. I only play about once a week, but my sessions last a few hours.

I just started playing when it became free, but I have like 15 hours played or something like that. It's a very fun game. My steam name is R5-D4 if anyone is interested. I only play about once a week, but my sessions last a few hours.

tried to add you but it could not find your name

I played the original Team fortress when it first was a mod for halflife when i had a crappy modem oh...10 years or so ago..
Now i have started getting in to it again. Wanna make some TF2 weapon props as well.
A RPF team sounds great :)
contec_1982 is me on Steam.

Request sent :) Also you've been invited to the group!

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back