eFX Reveals Stormtrooper Hero Legend Edition Helmet!

GINO

Sr Member
EFX STORMTROOPER ANH HERO HELMET LEGEND EDITION

eFX is proud to announce the newest edition to the Legend line of replica helmets, a hero stormtrooper!

There were only 6 hero helmets made for ANH and only two are known to still be in existence.
One resides in the LFL archives, and another in a private collection (which is the one that we used to create the eFX replica.)

The helmet in the archives is the one used in well known promotional shots and is currently missing it's lens.

The helmet we used was totally complete and in fantastic condition and vac form molds were taken from the inside.

Oh yeah btw, the bubble lens was GREEN!

(edited for updated info...)
Before you ask if we announced this already, the answer is yes… well sort of.
Except now, EFX has decided on a new course of action for this replica.
Fiberglass!
The base helmet will be made in fiberglass with the ears being made separately to create the illusion of vac formed parts as per the original screen-used helmets.
Of course, this helmet will come with all the detailing and trims accurate to the original including custom extruded brow and neck trims, green bubble lenses, and mic tips.

Not only will this helmet be practically indistinguishable from a vac-form helmet when viewed from the exterior, but it will also be a more substantial collectible in terms of heft and durability. This helmet possesses all of the visual accuracy you would find in a vac form original, but now also created in idealized materials.
Many have asked for a helmet with this combo of accuracy and durability, and EFX has heard you loud and clear!

Here are a few shots of the fiberglass paint master.
Even upon close inspection, it is incredibly difficult to determine whether it is a vac-form or fiberglass helmet without picking it up and looking at it's inside.

efx_legend_trooper_1.jpg

efx_legend_trooper_2.jpg

efx_legend_trooper_3.jpg

Last edited:
Re: EFX reveals stormtrooper legend edition helmet!

That's Fantastic, and great pictures too! Now we know the Hero's have green lenses. :p
Thanks Gino! :thumbsup

-Carson

Look a trooper helmet WITHOUT a bunch of stupid bumps.

Great Job.

Held this at SDCC today.

It's a beauty.

This is the day many have been waiting for. A hero trooper helmet has been cast!
And at last those people who insisted the lenses were not green can shut it. Sorry, had to get that out of my system.

I am very excited about this one.

Just when I thought I didn't need another TK helmet...

And at last those people who insisted the lenses were not green can shut it. Sorry, had to get that out of my system.

Wow, I guess I must have missed that people still argued otherwise. Thought green was just a given. Okay, I'll shut up ;)

Wow, I guess I must have missed that people still argued otherwise. Thought green was just a given. Okay, I'll shut up ;)

There was a big debate a few years ago There were a few people who seemed to look at all the evidence and still say they are grey. I am glad to put that one to bed. They are Green!

Anyway back on topic.

I am loving the Legend line eFX is starting up. First the Vader from an LFL mold and now a vac formed Hero stormtrooper cast from a never before seen screen matched helmet?!
I am still reeling. Can't wait to see where this line goes.

who is it that has this THING in there personal collection? Kurtz/joiner? i had heard mark hamill had his original hero helmet...any ideas? I know this is major but i love the efx bucket limited ed i already have. what am i gonna be missin? whatever it is ill have to console my self with my darth legend whenever it gets here... :)

Just when I thought I didn't need another TK helmet...

I am the same way, Jerry. I don't even LIKE the hero helmet, but seeing it in person and seeing ALL the detail there... I mean... how can you NOT get one?

Wow..great offering. Always wanted the hero version. Now it will happen. Have they revealed the price?

Carl

Very nice!
It would be fantastic if EFX were to sell them in kit form, but i know that won't happen.

Glad to see there a more accurate grey paint used. Never did use that Humbrol number 5 on my helmets.

I think i will try and get one of these. I hope there will be more of these made than the Vader helmet.

Keith.

Wow this is just sooooo awsome. It just looks perfect. :love

It looks fantastic but if this legend version also is only available from eFX directly its too pricey for EU customers with these horrible shipping quotes and custom taxes. I really hope eFX will offer them for every one available.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back