colonial marine pepakura build has started

Ok on the flip issue yes there is a selection in Pepakura Designer which allows for a person to flip the 2D pattern so all the unfolder has to do is build the left side, use the flip selection and you get the right side.

thanks for that - ill have to get that as i only have a viewer at the moment - the left side for the shoulder wont pose a problem as i have already built the right (it was doing this i noticed why i was strugglig to fold it togeather before i realised i had to reverse the folds), but the leg ill need to do that - thanks again.

just the left shoulder, lower back & both leg sections to make now :) then onto prepping

todays progress was an interesting one - the matting dried and i trimmed the edge of the back section, time to see if it fitted to the chest plate and it did, however it didnt fit my body that well. so out with the hair dryer, heat various sections up, bend, and when its cool its a new shape - so now its all good. altho i did make this to be a display item, im a little anal and decided if i can get into it i will ;).

so with the items taped in place i thought id test the look of it - im still happy with how its going, alot of sanding and a little fillerwork to do on these before they will even see a coat of primer:

44reartrimmedandtestfitted.jpg

45trialfit.jpg

46trialfit.jpg

I'm amazed at how the interior of you pieces look so smooth. I didn't think you could get that with the Fiberglass Matting. Is it a pain to keep the matting in place when you are applying the liquid? And would you recommend the matting over using the cloth? So far all I have used is the cloth but it is a pain to cut sometimes.

Great pep and wonderful fiberglass work... im guessing this isn't your first project ;). cant wait to see updates.

UNREAL , you've inspired me to get involved in the community and take on similar projects , cant wait to see more.!

Great pep and wonderful fiberglass work... im guessing this isn't your first project . cant wait to see updates.

it was my first attempt - but alas i knocked it on the head soon after - mainly due to my frame problems caused by a back issue (bent spine, prolapsed disc) the build was halted and the peps stored away - had to go for a spaatcave item in the end due to the amout it flexed on my body - i still pepped alot of the helmet parts tho which is seen in another of my threads on the colonial marine subject.

i did learn alot from this first pep attempt tho ;)

it just didnt suit my body due to the lack of movement it gave

I am also looking for this kind of marine armor files,i only found not valid links,and files from a not so accurate armor,can someone help out please?

Hi Who45 - Can you tell me approximate sizing on Hirgon's files please? I have the Pep files, Printers got card, new blade in my knife, superglue. I've just put the breaks on - I am 5'10" - measuring myself (oooh-errr!) against the dimensions part, I keep thinking these files are for someone shorter.
Would love to hear your vital statistics ;) and then I can make an informed descision to rescale or not to rescale, that is the question

:devil For any people looking for the files if you click the scales under my name, I will send you the link to download them :behave You will have to PM me as well !

Last edited:
Hi. Any chance you still have files for the Colonial Marine Pepakura armor. I’m especially looking for the helmet. I’ve found so many broken links at this point. Thanks

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back