Titanium Ultra Snowspeeder conversion to studio model

Keith

Sr Member
This is a titanium snowspeeder i've been working on. I'm trying to make it a bit more like the studio model so i can display it with an MR AT-AT.

Iv'e cut all the glass out of the cockpit canopy and the gunners windows which were just painted dark grey have been cut out too, i've repainted the cockpit interior, the panel that could be removed to show the engine detail has been replaced, the bendy gun barrels are now made from metal, air brakes have been glued down and filled, the big metal landing gear housing that stuck down out of the bottom has been cut away and plated over.
The left engine had a removable panel which didn't look as good as the right engine which didn't have a removable panel, so i cut both the engines out and i'm about to mold the right one so i can use it on both sides.
For me the most noticeable improvement is the removal of the lip at the front of the canopy. I think it was there so you can get your fingernail under it to open the cockpit.

1_31.jpg

2_19.jpg

3_15.jpg

4_13.jpg

I will post some more pics after i have finished repainting it.

Thanks wackychimp for hosting,

Keith.

What a great idea ....Titanium is light and strong.
The speeder looks fantastic ...can't wait to see you paint it up.
Mobius

I, too, am looking forward to seeing your final version. I'm pretty much happy with the Titanium Snowspeeder right out of the box. Although, it could use a little more weathering.

Looks great.
I was just going to add the red paint on mine, I may just reconsider and do a rebuild as your doing.
The glass removal would be the hardest part.
Lynn

Man, why didn't they have toys that looked that good when we were kids. I'm liking the rebuild, the paint job is looking fantastic.

Brian

Lynn, cutting the glass out is a really tedious job. Took me around five hours of none stop work, but i only had a really crappy modeling file. I should have waited until i bought some new ones.

I've cast the engines in resin and spray painted the model in primer. I used automotive gloss grey as the primer so i could sand it really smooth, as normal primer can't take much sanding.
Time to strip it down again ready for airbrushing.
1_33.jpg

3_16.jpg

BTW, can anyone give me the exact display case dimensions for the MR AT-AT (normal version) please?

Thanks,

Keith.

The pilot and gunner that come with it are good, so i will use them.
The only thing is, the small studio model snow speeder picture i am using for reference doesn't seem to have any figures inside. I'm sure they must have had figures inside the small speeders for filming though.

Keith.

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back