What grinds my gears....(scammers related)

Yeah, noticed the same thing with a Magnoli Doctor Who tie. Someone was trying to sell a $60 Swirly tie for around £200 (i think it was that high). Funnily enough the price keeps going down... And someone was still selling the old printed Hechter ties for some price (can't remember what, but it was definitely higher than Tony sold them for).

The thing about the swirly tie was that for a couple of weeks, people were bidding crazy money for them. It was probably just the same two or three people bidding each other up, and it started when someone listed a replica as a "not sure if this is real" piece. So the value is set high, and some folks who hadn't done their research go crazy bidding on the other replicas that were listed.

Whoever has those auctions up now are hoping that someone else will come along and do the same thing, which is unlikely.

Doing just a typical ebay search, i see this
Handmade Robin Suit Batman Size Medium | eBay

200 bucks just for a worn zentai and heres the proof

Robinson,Robin - Cosplay - Costume Fun

and he says it is handmade.

I reported the person.

I am curious why you felt the need to report them? What is their violation?

Post like this really annoy me, why do some people think that what THEY feel is a valid price for something is shared by everyone. So what if the are reselling a zenti suit, Its theirs to sell for whatever SOMEONE IS WILLING PAY. There is nothing false or misleading about the auction.

I think you'll find that the OP is not bothered so much by the price, but the fact that the seller is claiming it as something it is not. A handmade piece, when it's actually mass-produced.

Be annoyed at the OP if you wish, but this seller is violating ebay rules by miss-representing the item.

It's still potentially misleading as many people would assume 'handmade' means 'by the seller'. Perhaps it would have been better to send a message to the seller? IDK.

Those don't really look like the same costume to me...

If you look at the eBay auction, it has a Yellow "R" logo, but the Zentai one has a Gold "R". The crotch of the ebay version comes to an angled seam with a point, the zentai has a round *shudder* seam. The yellow "ties" on the chest look like they are sewn in on the ebay listing, but the zentai almost looks seamless. The belt buckle on the ebay version is much more prominent than on the zentai. Finally, the color of green doesn't really match between the two, but that may be lighting.

But really, what Stealth said.:thumbsup

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back