Tutorial: How to build a stormtrooper helmet for less than 10 GBP FINISHED see Pg9

Re: Tutorial: How to build a stormtrooper helmet for less than 10 GBP Update!!

Good show, man! Do continue your splendid scratch build. I'm sorry things didn't work out with your printer. I used to do scratch builds like this back in the day, though I never used paper mache for hardening. Will you be using fiberglass later?

This is so impressive considering what you're using!

wow :)

That looks like a fun build -- love the progress pics.

To Havok69 and SOTI: I really appreciate your support guys and thank you for fighting my corner. It's much appreciated.

To The inquisitor: Mate, I always try to live by these two rules:

1) If someone is doing something that you cannot do, or are unwilling to do yourself, then you have two choices. You can either compliment and support them in their endeavours, or you can GOYA and do something as well.

2) If someone is NOT doing something as well as you can do it yourself, you offer help and guidance to them. Tis is called 'Constructive Criticism'.

I, and the VAST majority of people on here follow these philosophies and it is evident in the INCREDIBLE array of talent and ingenuity that litters this forum like an open cast diamond field. I guess the old adage stands, that if you can, then DO. And if you can't or DON'T then be quiet and let the rest of us get on with it....

And now if we could get back to making models, costumes and props and having fun, I would very much appreciate it!

Soti of course your right. You're.just one of those people who can't be wrong.

Ok ok! The inquisitor, You win... I am abandoning this thread AND this build. Thanks to everyone for you support over the last four days and I am sorry that I can no longer bring you this "FUN" build due to one selfish individual who has no problem whatsoever hijacking other people's work for his own negative selfish ends.

Wow, you are like the MacGuyver of the prop world. That is really nice looking. Next you have to do a blaster using only duct tape and ball point pens

Wow, you are like the MacGuyver of the prop world. That is really nice looking. Next you have to do a blaster using only duct tape and ball point pens

:lol:lol:lol:lol!!!!!!!!!!
That's the funniest thing I've heard in ages and just at the right time! Thanks Mate!

you cant abandened this build now mate,i keep popping in for a nosey n im well impressed(y)thumbsup

the show must go on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

fingaz iron man mk4 wip

Oh....ok.....:lol......Back to my Bondo it is then!

Last edited:

truly awesome work sir. you are what people mean when they say
some people have the ability to think in three dimensions.

Two thumbs up (and two big toes!)

Keep going! – brilliant work! One of the most original and fun builds I have ever seen.

Last edited by a moderator:

this has inspired me to make a budget magneto helmet (a custom one), will go all paper mache and polyfiller on this bad boy. Your trooper bucket is looking awesome though, forget all the haters, more people wanna see how this ends than not. great work man.

As a TK enthusiast I gotta say this is a such a great build and thread and glad I stumbled upon it. Keep it up and please just ignore the troll.

Seriously awesome and great work!!!!!!! Pretty sure that you are going to inspire quite a few of us that have limited budgets with this build!

I cleaned this little mess up a bit, and now let´s see this great build continued.

Hit the report buttons when something´s not in order, retaliatory posts are as much unwanted as are trolling posts.

Thanks,
Michael
RPF staff

Seriously awesome and great work!!!!!!! Pretty sure that you are going to inspire quite a few of us that have limited budgets with this build!

That'd be GREAT! Not that it comes as any great shakes but this is the first time I have ever built anything since I was a kid making model aircraft kits. I am normally airbrushing Guitars for people or butchering wood somewhere for money:$ I did recently make an exact replica of Adam Ant's Hussar Jacket, but black braid on black Jacket rather than gold braid. Looks cool, I think.

I don't have the money either, but this is an easy way to build something that, if I'd had the correct dimensions could have been every bit as accurate as other build methods.

I wil post day five's progress later after I've showered and poured a glass of wine:love
AGAIN.....Thank you all for the ongoing support. I makes ALL the difference and you are one HELL of a great bunch of people:love

I cleaned this little mess up a bit, and now let´s see this great build continued.

Hit the report buttons when something´s not in order, retaliatory posts are as much unwanted as are trolling posts.

Thanks,
Michael
RPF staff

Thank you....

Last edited:
This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back