Official Show off your model collection thread!

My small collection

DSC03171.jpg

DSC02919.jpg

DSC02559.jpg

DSC02400.jpg

Just one little model I still have. I built this several years ago for a local Hobbytown contest. Won 1st place for the sci-fi category.

After many moves and such it's the only thing I still have in one piece. It's amateur work compared to most here but I'm kinda proud of it. Took 2 BoP kits and I scratch built the landing gear and ramp. I was aiming for a Star Trek IV size BoP, the B'rell Class. I even included that in the plaque. It was the last model I built that i really spent alot of time on.

Image6.jpg

Image1.jpg

Image3.jpg

Image4.jpg

Image5.jpg

These are some of the stuff i done over the last several years

001-60.jpg

002-60.jpg

007-32.jpg

003-53.jpg

The next items were made buy me when i was a boy when the 1st show came out in 79 and now hang in my sons room.
004-49.jpg

005-43.jpg

006-33.jpg

I used to work on a lot of film/TV related car models. Here are some of the ones I've done.

The vehicles of Team Knight Rider
40db.jpg

Dante and Beast
baaf.jpg

Kat and Plato
93a0.jpg

Domino
1029.jpg

Knight Rider
Now, I will admit, back in 2005, before I went off to FSU, I got fed up with seeing all of the KR users posting pictures of flashy and expensive cars for their idea on what KITT should be. I've seen Jaguars, BMWs and several other exotic vehicles made. One day in March, I finally put my foot down and told people the truth about KITT in the original series. That truth was this: What made KITT so cool was not the fact that it was a technologically advanced vehicle, but a technologically advanced vehicle INSIDE an ordinary average car! From the outside, KITT didn't look at all different from any other Trans-Am out on the road (it was a running joke throughout most of the series, for crying out loud!). If KITT needed to trail someone, no one would notice it because it didn't stick out. All those exotic cars people posted about went against that concept. And since the 2005 Ford Mustang was about to be released, I felt it was the best vehicle for KITT because there would be a lot of them on the road and it would be easy to integrate the technology without it standing out when the situation called for it. So, I took a die cast 2005 Ford Mustang model and made light alterations to create my idea on what KITT should be. I used a piece of a bottle cap to make a scanner light unit and I used a piece of window tinting to "tint" the glass T-top pieces for the roof. Ironically, three years later, "Knight Rider" came back on the air with a new series, in which KITT is in a 2008 Shelby Mustang GT500KR (man, I was close!). Anyways, here's the pictures of the die-cast KITT:

c058.jpg
e173.jpg

Now, I did do a similar thing with KARR. I had bought two 1999 Pontiac Trans-Ams back in 2000 which I had planned on making a modern KITT and KARR in (at the time). I never got around to doing the 1999 Trans-Am KITT, but I did do the 1999 Trans-Am KARR. I used half of a bottle cap to create the scanner unit, and I used a dremel tool to cut into the metal to fit the piece in.

ebf8.jpg
3f9e.jpg

I am a fan of the movie "Vanishing Point" (1971). I was probably the only person in my town that knew what "Vanishing Point" was before Tarantino brought it to the front of pop culture once again with his movie "Death Proof". This is a die cast model, built straight from the box.

a115.jpg

Now, this is one I'm definitely proud of. This is a 1969 Pontiac Firebird. But it's not just any Firebird. This is meant to be a representation of the 1969 Pontiac Firebird driven by the character of Niobe (Jada Pinkett-Smith) in both "The Matrix Reloaded" and the "Enter the Matrix" game. The model isn't 100% constructed (mainly the engine is only partially constructed with the hood glued down. Since we never see the engine in the film or the game, it seemed rather fitting gluing down the hood and only constructing the bottom of the engine to give a complete appearance). This was built straight from the box, utilizing pieces from the race car version of the vehicle and mixing them with the stock version so to get the muscle car appearance from the film and the game. And I used window tinting on the windshields, but the front mainly because of the glue I was using messed up the windshield. It definitely helped in keeping the problem from being noticed.

4510.jpg
4f42.jpg

We move our son to the up stairs bed room so i made his old room my collection room .( i collect nascar diecast too)

014-1.jpg

013.jpg

001-1.jpg

002-2.jpg

003-2.jpg

015.jpg

008-5.jpg

011-1.jpg

008-26.jpg

009-32.jpg

004-46.jpg

( i collect nascar diecast too)

011-2.jpg

012.jpg

Last edited:
Hello ! First time here...

Man... I am glad I finally put my Foot in the Door ! :angel

some of you may have seen my stuff but here it is !!!

For the last 2 years... I have been Tweeking and remodelling the Scout that comes with the ROTJ Speeder Bike... and Ended up with Several different stances, My stuff isn't Canon ! I admit ! but I think its a step above the AMT figure !

DSC04930_resize.jpg

DSC04922_resize.jpg

DSC04903_resize.jpg

DSC04896_resize.jpg

DSC04888_resize.jpg

DSC04882_resize-1.jpg

DSC05681.jpg

I have 3 projects on the Slab ! and are far from being finished but I still want to give you guys a glimpse at them... at least 2 of them.

I am working on a Star Wars Battle Front Scout Sniper

DSC04301.jpg

and a Scout on the Prowl !

DSC04522_resize.jpg

Hope you like ?

This place is filled with excellent modelers and I am happy to be here and hope to make lots of new friends and to learn more tricks of the trade !

Take care all ! :ninja

Norm

OUT !

Your stuff is far superior to the AMT kits!!!! Incredible work there, I especially like the Battlefront Sniper! :thumbsup

Thomas

I've been posting her a couple of weeks now so its time to show my work. I have built plenty of kits but I also worked for the Estes-Cox Co. in Penrose, CO. as the lead model maker from 2004 - 2007. You may see some photos of projects that never made it to market! One of my designs that did make it into production and has been quite successful is the Porta-Pot-Shot.

I led the design team for the Porta-Pot Shot. I did the flight engineering, proof of concept, and built the flight prototypes. Ron McLaren did the CAD work and designed the surface shape. The Estes art department gave us the decals.

porta_pot_shot.jpg

This is a hand-sculpted prototype for a styrofoam radio control airplane. The wingspan is about 24 inches. This one was all mine, starting with blocks of white high-density styrofoam.

p40top.jpg

p40bottom.jpg

Estes was developing this as an entry into the die-cast market. The project was canceled but three prototypes were finished out of cast resin. One now lives on Paul Allen's desk. Rob Romash did the sculpt, I created the decals and painted the prototypes.

ss1wk.jpg

If that one sold well, this would have been the next die cast model. Alas, neither was to be.

global.jpg

This one is for Gigatron. Its another prototype foam airplane. Rob Romash did the sculpt on this one, I created the decals and painted it.

wildbette.jpg

This next one was for a friend. Revell put out a series of 1:24 RC cars. We had the idea that we could take any of Revell's 1:24 plastic kit cars and fit the body over their RC chassis. Now THIS is driving radio control IN STYLE.

gtorc.jpg

Academy released a new tooling of the F/A-18 in 1:72 a couple of years back. It build out quite nicely. This is one of the best engineered kits I have ever assembled.

top.jpg

Ain't she just beautiful? Polar Lights 1:1000 kit.

DSCF6522.jpg

I also paint...

Mercurydetail.jpg

draw...

sneeze.jpg

...and sculpt!

techsupport.jpg

Most the forums I'm active on are about cars. Hence, I have no pics of my aircraft or Sci Fi models. I have most the stuff available for Firefly and snagged one of the Firefly shipworks Serenity replicas. So I'm fairly serious when it comes to models.

There are some really great examples posted here, kudos to you all. I thought I was doing well with one ForceFX lightsabre then I see someone has a bunch of them! Excellent!

Some of my 30+ years of model collecting:

cnv02168bu.jpg

cnv02217ya.jpg

cnv02280gz.jpg

cnv02300ll.jpg

cnv02260sv.jpg

cnv02200fa.jpg

This one is for Gigatron. Its another prototype foam airplane. Rob Romash did the sculpt on this one, I created the decals and painted it.

wildbette.jpg

:lol Too cool, thanks :cool. I never thought I'd see another version of Wild Bette/Fearless Dick.

I would have totally bought one if they were ever available - and the P-40, as well.

I just updated my post (#88) with all of my latest builds, if anyone's interested...:cool

-Fred

Last edited:
WoodChuck here. I made this Intarsia sculpture for my son-n-law, who is a green clone trooper. Contains almost 175 pieces. I titled it
"The New Recruit" His armor is still shiny, and he is running to catch up with his squad because he had gotten lost in the maze of tunnels behind him.

newrecruit.jpg

Well, I may as well introduce myself in grand style with some images of my recent model projects (I don't exactly have one of the whole collection and it is small anyway). First up is my crowning SF achievement, the Fine Molds Millennium Falcon built out of the box, but done up with the most accurate paint and weathering job I could muster. References came from several books and the Phoxim german website which had some excellent images of the ESB studio model. Battle damage scoring was done with a Dremel Mini Mite loaded up with a #105 engraving tip.

finfalcon6.jpg

finfalcon2.jpg

falcondetail1.jpg

topturret1.jpg

falconbottom6.jpg

Next up is an MPC Imperial Shuttle done up as a Rebel shuttle from the Lucas Arts X-Wing games (I loved that big rebel crest on the tail when I first saw it in the game). Not my best build, but it was a fun build.

rebelshuttle2.jpg

rebelshuttle1.jpg

How about Columbia from STS-107 (built from the Airfix kit with some accurizations)

jmcsts107-1.jpg

And I'll leave you with my favorite of the bunch, a 1/72 scale shuttle done up as Atlantis from STS-117. This one is on display at the Strategic Air and Space Museum near Ashland, NE

117comp-17.jpg

117comp-14.jpg

117comp-12.jpg

Well, my collection is rather small (and mostly incomplete builds), but I did recently finish one model. My first attempt at replicating the original 33 inch Enterprise (at two-thirds scale for this attempt), mainly using my first draft of plans for that model (which can be found here) as reference.

This model isn't anywhere close to perfect... actually it is the first model I've finished in more than 15 years, so it was quite a learning experience. I'm currently trying to take what I learned from this first one and applying it towards a second attempt (also at two-thirds scale), and depending on how that model turns out, I hope to make a one-to-one attempt in the near future.

Here are some recent comparison images with the original model (click any to enlarge)...

And some by itself...

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back