Official Show off your model collection thread!

What a tidy work area. For display purposes only ?:angel

A nice space to show off your models and relax in, the full size Jawa is great.

*Enter a very small fish in a very, very large pond*

Umm... Mods.. For whatever reason, the pics don't want to adjust down to a size so people don't have to scroll forever to see it all. Please fix? Thanks.

I'm new to the forum, and I hope my feeble offerings (made to look even more feeble because the stupid digital camera doesn't have a macro setting) aim to please. :)

I splurged this month and hunted down 2 models off Ebay I have really, really wanted to get and redo properly- R2D2 and V.I.N.CENT. Oh yes. I opened the boxes. (listens to screams from collectors about 'value, opening the box is a sin, etc etc) I drooled a bit. And then, I got to work as paint drying times and patience allowed.

My first offering is a Snowspeeder model I found at the local thrift store. All the parts where there- a rarity indeed. It's not a 'rare' kit- but something
like this at a thrift store with everything there and untouched? :cool

HPIM0918.jpg

HPIM0920.jpg

Work in progress #1: The MPC R2D2- I just didnt make R2. Everyone and their brother makes R2! I just gotta be different. :rolleyes

HPIM0921.jpg

HPIM0924.jpg

HPIM0922.jpg

And last but not least, V.I.N.CENT From the Black Hole. I'm sparing nothing on making him look right- especially considering how much he cost and how much swearing I did at a competing bidder.... :rolleyes

HPIM0925.jpg

The reason there's only one pic of him is he's still kinda tacky from being painted. Believe it or not, he's been spray painted metallic (and will get a detail treatment after he finally dries), and there was this ugly incident where I had him drying on his stand, went to move him, and he did a nose dive into the floor....! Thankfully, all that happened was the stuff I glued popped off at the seams. And his former paint job was ruined once he hit the rug.

I apologize for the lousy pics.. After they're all finished up and put in display cases, I'll borrow a friend's camera and take better pics of them.

Here's a smaller, better pic that isnt so large it makes one's eyes water:
HPIM0927.jpg

Last edited:
This is my first post here. Most of the models I have built have been extremely amateurish. In the past I generally followed the directions and often rushed the build to simply get a decent display. This has all changed about two months ago when I discovered the Polar Lights 1/350 Enterprise. I looked at hilipilot27’s 10 part videos on you tube and was amazed at his final product. There is so much I do not know about modeling. Photo-etch additional parts, lighting kits, Extra thin Tamiya cement, Enamel vs Acrylic paints, emory boards as sanders, and the list goes on...

Having said all that, here are the very poorly built models I have completed.

1. First is my most recent build.
A Bandai 1/700 Space Battleship Yamato. Sept 2010 $18.00 plus $15.00 shipping from Japan.

I would have preferred the 1/350 scale but it cost way too much and comes mostly painted. Its not exactly a model in the the fullest sense and more of a toy that you put together. So I tried to find a 1/500 scale and found 1 but they wanted 80.00 for it. I don't mind spending money on a good model but 80.00 is a bit too much. I would have spent 50.00 for it.
In any case this is my 1/700 scale and it was a very simple kit to build. My problems rose when I attempted to paint it. I have an air brush but chose to paint directly from the can. I purchased a can of Testors Guards Red and a can of Gunship gray. Unfortunately I rushed to paint the bottom half red and the gray was not full dry. This caused numerous blemishes in the gray areas on the hull. so I stripped the entire Hull with paint thinner, cleaned all of it and ran out of gray paint. I went to a different Hobby shop to get the gray and found two cans. Re-painted the model but the paint would not dry. I let it sit in a humidity free cool room of my hose for 3 days and the paint was still tacky. So I stripped it again and this time I primed the plastic then repainted it, again it would not dry, stripped it for the this time and purchased another bottle of the gray form the first hobby shop, this time the paint dried. I assume that the two cans I got from the second shop were part of a bad lot, or were old, or were left in a bad climate (like a warehouse). In any case, once I re-assembled it I discovered that the stripping of the plastic 3 times had eaten away some of the plastic on the tail end and I now had a 1/4” gap between the hull and the exhaust end cap. I had to fill this with squadron white putty, sand and repaint. All in all it turned out ok. I would have liked to detailed it more but I plan on building a bugger one in the future that I will do a full on job with.

yamato.jpg

2. Next up
Revell 1/144 Saturn V Rocket, Sept 2010 $ 28.00

I had this model years ago and love it because the sections separated. Again this is a simple model to build and there is lots of room to accurize it but I just wanted something like what I use to have, so I built it following the instructions and added very little to it. No major issues with the build. However, I have decided that I want a LUT and mover for it and will not pay the 700.00 for them that I have found on the internet. I will end up building them from scratch in the future and will most likely use the paper one available as a guide.

satv.jpg

Next up
AMT 1/650 Star Trek Enterprise, Sept 2010 ~ $ 20.00

This is a re-issue of the kit I had as a kid. I love this ship and there have been many improvement to the original kit. I recall having a hard time getting the Nacelle Pillions to stay in position to allow the cement to dry. In any case the hardest part of this kit is deciding on what the actual color should be. I chose to go with a simple gloss white. I have another of these kits and will be building it lighted and I will paint it the screen gray color.

amtenterprise.jpg

4. Next up
Revell 1/4195 BSG Colonial Battlestar Galactica, Sept 2010 Used w/ missing parts and no decals $50.00

I had the original kit in 1978 and built it. My youngest brother decided to see if it would fly and tossed it down a staircase to a slate floor in 1988. That was the end of the mighty Galactica. I started look for a new one to build in 2002. I have seen them go on e-bay for ~ 200.00 unopened. Then, this year I attended Dragon Con and spotted an open box and partially started 1979 re-issued Revell Battlestar Galactica. The seller wanted 100.00, I offer 50.00 and took it home. Since the kit is about 10 pieces, I finished it in an hour and had to recreate the “Galactica” decal. This Model is what got me back into the building spirit. In an effort to locate some screen pictures of the studio model I ran across the 1/350 scale Enterprise and decided that would be my next “Big” project. That Said, I overcame any difficulties with the Galactica Build and will build another with some accurizing parts and possibly lighting in the future.

galactica.jpg

5. Next up
Revell 1/26,000 Babylon 5 Space Station, 2006 < $30.00

This is almost as simple and lacking in detail as the Galactica was. What it there to say, I followed the directions and had no issues.

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a208/11B30B4/Model/Collection/bab5.jpg[/IMG

6. Next up
Revell 1/32 Colonial Viper Re-issue, 2006 $ 25.00

Well, I had one of the originals as well, this one turned out much better. this is also the first model I have ever built with a liquid cement rather than the old testors orange tube cement. I also brushed graphite on the model to give a worn appearance. I would have liked to have added the accurized cockpit and pilot and lighting but decided against it. I have one still boxed to build in the future. No problems with this build and I did deviate from the directions at times.

[IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a208/11B30B4/Model/Collection/viper.jpg

7. Next up
AMT/ERTL 1/100? Space 1999 Eagle, 2006 < $ 30.00

I purchased this kit in 2000. I love this ship and the model it not too inaccurate. Never the less there are I deviated from the directions and lost the entire decal sheet. So every thing was done “badly” with paint. No major issues with the build.

eagle.jpg

8. Next up
AMT/ERTL 1/4222 Star Wars Star Destroyer

Simple build, no decals

destroyer.jpg

9. Next up
AMT/ERTL 1/58 Star Wars Millennium Falcon, 2006 ~ $ 40.00

I liked this model a lot. The kit had over 100 parts and the build provided several opportunities to improve on the details. The build went fine and I will be looking for another one of these to build and light. Probably the best model I have built to date.

falcon.jpg

10. Next up
AMT/ERTL 1/63 Star Wars X-Wing Snapfast kits X3, 2006 $12.00 each
With AMT/ERTL 1/520,00 Star Wars Snapfast Death Star, 2006 < $ 30.00

Well, these were simple and fast to build. I would have liked to have built a much larger Death Star and lighted it.

x-wingdeath.jpg

Lastly, this is what I still have on the shelf to build

boxed.jpg

Nice collection there. I like the way you arranged the X-Wings breaking out of formation like that! You'll find a lot of resources on the net at this site and others which will really accelerate the development of your skills. The big thing for me was learning how to weather. That and lighting with LED's even though I still have a lot to learn about flasher circuits. Keep up the good work!

Here is my list. I have some in multiple scales (1/1,400 & 1/2,500 for example), so the total number of kits I have is 190. Some of the more unusual kits (like the Whale Probe), are or are going to be scratch built...they have an * next to them. Otherwise, they are all commercially (or were at one time) available kits. The attached pictures show some of my models listed below. Some of my larger kits have not been started yet. I picked up my modeling habit after about a 10 year break, so I am going to finish and paint the models by genre, assembly line style (otherwise I would never get them all finished!).

2001 Odyssey
2010 Leonov
Aliens Derelict Ship
Aliens USS Nostromo (Aliens)
Aliens USS Sulaco (Aliens)
AVP Predator Ship
B-17 Bomber
B1-B Bomber
B2 Stealth Bomber
B-29 Bomber
B-52 Bomber
Babylon 5 Centauri Primus
Babylon 5 Centauri Vorchan
Babylon 5 EAS Monsoon Gunboat
Babylon 5 EAS Nova Class Dreadnought
Babylon 5 EAS Olympus Class Corvette
Babylon 5 EAS Omega Class Destroyer
Babylon 5 EAS Omega Shadows Class Destroyer
Babylon 5 EAS Warlock Class Destroyer
Babylon 5 IAS Excalibur (Victory Class) Heavy Destroyer
Babylon 5 Minbari (Sharlin Class)
Babylon 5 Narn Bin'Tak Dreadnought
Babylon 5 Narn G'Quan Cruiser
Babylon 5 Narn T'loth Assault Cruiser
Babylon 5 Shadow Ship
Babylon 5 Station
Babylon 5 Vorlon Planet Killer *
Babylon 5 Vorlon Star Cruiser
Babylon 5 Vorlon Transport Cruiser
Babylon 5 Whitestar
Battlestar Galactica Adama's Valkyrie (RDM)
Battlestar Galactica Battlestar Cygnus (RDM)
Battlestar Galactica Battlestar Galactica (RDM)
Battlestar Galactica Battlestar Galactica (TOS)
Battlestar Galactica Battlestar Peagasus (RDM)
Battlestar Galactica Battlestar Poseidon (RDM)
Battlestar Galactica Battlestar Valkyrie (RDM)
Battlestar Galactica Berzerk (RDM)
Battlestar Galactica Celestra Electronics Ship
Battlestar Galactica Cloud Nine
Battlestar Galactica Colonial Defender
Battlestar Galactica Colonial Mining Ship
Battlestar Galactica Cylon Basestar (RDM)
Battlestar Galactica Cylon Basestar (TOS)
Battlestar Galactica Foundry/Recovery
Battlestar Galactica Gemini Freighter
Battlestar Galactica Geminon Traveller
Battlestar Galactica Intersun Ring Ship
Battlestar Galactica Olympic Carrier
Battlestar Galactica Rising Star
Enterprise (CV 6)
Enterprise (CVN 65)
Enterprise (sailing ship)
ESS Arrow x 2
Farscape Moya
Farscape Talyn
Lensman Brittania II
Sea Quest DSV
Space Above & Beyond CHIG carrier
Space Above & Beyond CHIG diplomatic ship
Space Above & Beyond CHIG fighter
Space Above & Beyond USS Saratoga
Star Trek (2009) Romulan Narada
Star Trek (2009) USS Armstrong
Star Trek (2009) USS Defiant
Star Trek (2009) USS Enterprise
Star Trek (2009) USS Kelvin
Star Trek (2009) USS Mayflower
Star Trek (2009) USS Newton
Star Trek Abbey Class Destroyer
Star Trek Akira Class
Star Trek Ambassador Class "Nebula"
Star Trek Andorian Battle Cruiser
Star Trek Bajoran Fighter
Star Trek Borg Cube
Star Trek Borg Renegade Ship *
Star Trek Borg Tactical Cube *
Star Trek Breen Cruiser
Star Trek Cardassian (Galor Class)
Star Trek Cardassian (Keldon Class)
Star Trek Cheyenne Class
Star Trek Constellation Class
Star Trek Constitution Class Dreadnought
Star Trek Deep Space 9 Station
Star Trek Defiant Class
Star Trek Enterprise A
Star Trek Enterprise A (refit)
Star Trek Enterprise B
Star Trek Enterprise B Dreadnought
Star Trek Enterprise C
Star Trek Enterprise C Dreadnought
Star Trek Enterprise D
Star Trek Enterprise D Dreadnought (Future AGT)
Star Trek Enterprise E
Star Trek Enterprise E Dreadnought
Star Trek Enterprise NX
Star Trek Ferengi Marauder
Star Trek Gomtuu (Tin Man)
Star Trek Hideki Class Scout
Star Trek Husnock Battleship *
Star Trek Jem Hadar Attack Ship
Star Trek Jem Hadar Battlecruiser
Star Trek Jem Hadar Battleship *
Star Trek Kazon Raider
Star Trek Klingon (Negh'Var)
Star Trek Klingon (Vor'Cha)
Star Trek Klingon BOP (B'rel)
Star Trek Klingon BOP (K'Vort)
Star Trek Klingon D4 Cruiser
Star Trek Klingon D7 Cruiser
Star Trek Klingon Early BOP
Star Trek Klingon K'obra (Future AGT)
Star Trek Klingon K'obra (modified)
Star Trek Klingon Raptor Class
Star Trek K't'inga Class Battle Cruiser
Star Trek Miranda Class
Star Trek Nebula Class (sensor pod)
Star Trek Nebula Class (weapons pod)
Star Trek Norway Class
Star Trek Nova Class
Star Trek Oberth Class
Star Trek Olympic Class
Star Trek Peregrine Class Fighter
Star Trek Reman Warbird (Scimitar Class) *
Star Trek Romulan Early BOP
Star Trek Romulan Scout
Star Trek Romulan TOS BOP
Star Trek Romulan Warbird (D'deridex Class)
Star Trek Romulan Warbird (Valdore Class)
Star Trek S'ona Battleship
Star Trek Sovereign Class Imperial Dreadnought
Star Trek Species 8472 Bioship x 8
Star Trek Species 8472 Energy Focusing Bioship
Star Trek Star Trek USS Voyager
Star Trek Steamrunner Class
Star Trek Tamarian Warship
Star Trek USS Centaur
Star Trek USS Dauntless
Star Trek USS Hercules (scratch built battleship)
Star Trek USS Titan
Star Trek Whale Probe
Star Wars Acclamator Class Star Destroyer
Star Wars Corellian Corvette
Star Wars Eclipse Star Destroyer
Star Wars Imperial Class Star Destroyer
Star Wars Millennium Falcon
Star Wars Mirage
Star Wars Mon Calamari Cruiser
Star Wars Nebulon B
Star Wars Radiant VII
Star Wars Rebel Transport
Star Wars Super Star Destroyer
Star Wars Troop Transport
Star Wars Venator Class Star Destroyer
Star Wars Victory Class Star Destroyer
Stargate Asgard O'neill Warship
Stargate Ha'Tak Battleship
Stargate USS Daedalus
Stargate USS Prometheus
Supersylph Yukikaze Banshee VI
The Black Hole USS Cygnus 1/4225
War of the Worlds Martian Ship (Book Version)
War of the Worlds Martian Ship (Classic Movie Version)
War of the Worlds Martian Ship (New Movie Version)
War of the Worlds Martian Ship (Victorian)

Last edited:
My model collection isn't from movies but I've been building and painting Games Workshop figures for some time, here's a few of some I'm especially proud of.

The First pic is a Mounted Nurgle Sorcerer Lord from Warhammer 40K, I used a Privateer Press Rhinodon as the base model then modified it with green stuff to make him a suitable plague mount. The slime is EnviroTex Lite Pour-On Enamel tinted with a drop of green acrylic paint.

The second one is a Forge World Thousand Sons Dreadnought I didn't do much to him aside from drilling a hole in the cowl behind his head to place a green led into it and then I made the base out of greenstuff so I could hide a battery to make him light up when on the field.

The last shot is the majority of my Tau army arrayed for battle, I've since picked up a few more kits that are awaiting a proper build.

Hobo, lemme guess: Single, no kids... No, yes? :thumbsup

Sigh...lucky beggar.

:eek:eek Did I say that out loud?!
That's an excellent Man Cave there, Hobo.

Sorry to say folks, my stuff is all still on the work bench, still to be finshed and none of it relates directly to replicas - yet. Got a couple or three planned builds in the pipeline which are more in keeping with this forum - and for which I am slowly gathering reference material; a 1.7mtr Sulaco which I want to make out of foam and styrene, a 1/12 APC and the Power Loader at 1/3.

I built a 1/6 fully articulated Power Loader back when the Halcyon kit first came out, after opening the box only to discover there was bu@*er-all inside and what was there was not impressive. It got trashed by a central heating installer and his tree-swinging assistant so I'm going to build it bigger and better.
Some seriously impressive, wonderful collections on here guys.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back