Official Show off your model collection thread!

Hi sorry to be abore but the tread does say show off your models

regards Barrie

Attachments

• DSCF2502.jpg
    DSCF2502.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 482
Thank you both gentlemen, Simon and Glyn for your kind words, I am glad that you liked them I just have to build stuff. Here are a few more images, Simon if you would like to see lots more of the build up of the haltrack send me your e mail address and I will send you a bunch of pics.
It took the best part of a year to complete and being such a large scale I had to do my own drawings for the chassis as there was very little info untill I got some great help from friends on the web. She is over two feet long and ten inches or so high and is quite heavy due to vast amount of plastic which went into her construction.

regards barrie.

Thanks for the pix Barrie. Truly a fantastic model. As are the rest. I hope to start work on my 1/35 rc LST later this year after the Narcissus and Turbo Laser. That's gonna be a 2 year project.

A view of my ILM-style workbench :) some times ago, with a squadron of 1/72 Fine Molds X-Wing.

The Deathstar turbolaser turret (scratchbuild, see SFFM vol. 5)

And my little corner of Deathstar, overflown by red squadron

Last edited:
Hi guys,
not complete yet but getting there completions images will follow here is darth vader tie fighter scratchbuild

regards Barrie

Here's some of my completed models

Airfix 1/72 Supermarine Spitfire Mk IIa
SpitfireMkIIa03.jpg

Airfix 1/72 Supermarine Spitfire Mk Vb
303MkVb04.jpg

Airfix 1/72 Supermarine Spitfire Mk Vc
SAAFMkVc01.jpg

PM Models 1/72 Supermarine Spitfire Mk Vc
PMSpitVc05.jpg

Airfix 1/72 Supermarine Spitfire Mk IXc
JEJMkIXc05.jpg

Heller 1/72 Supermarine Spitfire Mk XVIe
CCSMkXVI03.jpg

Airfix 1/48 Supermarine Spitfire Mk XVIe
21GrpMkXVIe01.jpg

Airfix 1/72 Supermarine S6b
S6B01.jpg

Airfix Hawker Hurricane Mk I
ClowesMkI01.jpg

Airfix 1/72 Hawker Hurricane Mk I
303%2520Mk%2520I%252001.JPG

Airfix Hawker Hurricane Mk I
RRStanfordTuckHurricane04.jpg

Airfix Hawker Hurricane Mk IIb
1149Flight01.jpg

Academy Hawker Hurricane Mk IIc
AcadMkIIc01.jpg

Academy Hawker Typhoon Mk Ib
TyphoonMkIb01.jpg

Revell Hawker Tempest Mk V
Tempest02.jpg

Revell 1/72 North American P-51B Mustang (RAF Mk III)
MustangMkIII01.jpg

Airfix 1/72 Grumman Wildcat Mk.VI
WildcatVI882NAS08.jpg

Airfix 1/72 Brewster F2A Buffalo
PICT0002.JPG

Airfix 1/72 De Havilland Canada Beaver
USArmyBeaver01.jpg

Airfix 54mm British 95th Rifleman 1815
95thRifleman04.jpg

I'm new to building models and I wanted to start with stuff I loved as a kid so I picked up some Gundam models. After trial and error over a year with a couple of models...I was finally able to paint battle damage and add cool weathering effects.

I know mine aren't as intricate or difficult as all those beautiful models I've seen on this forum...but hey....I gotta start somewhere right?!

Here is my favourite model I've built and painted so far.
20713-after-custom-painting-weathering.jpg
20715-my-favourite-model-so-far.jpg
408314_564874286857960_195074615_n.jpg

It always intrigued me how 10 different micro-sized parts can come together to form an object the size of a peanut.

Just finished this alongside a USS Voyager model i have nearly finished. I havent modelled for a very long time so used this to try new techniques and get to using an airbrush for the very first time. Overall i was quite pleased with it, it will look good in the grandsons bedroom! Back to do some more voyager and then find the next model to start, i have been re-bitten by the bug. Everything i do at the moment is building up to the PL 1/350 Ent A refit which i have had for years but didnt have the balls to start. Once im happy with my techniques ill get her out of the box. I hope you like the pics!

IMG-20130302-WA0002_zpsae9bd40e.jpg

IMG-20130302-WA0001_zps9de61f21.jpg

IMG-20130302-WA0000_zps869a4442.jpg

20130302_164358_zps241449d1.jpg

20130302_164350_zpsf4048c41.jpg

Any comments, criticisms, suggestions or questions greatly received.

Just finished this alongside a USS Voyager model i have nearly finished. I havent modelled for a very long time so used this to try new techniques and get to using an airbrush for the very first time. Overall i was quite pleased with it, it will look good in the grandsons bedroom! Back to do some more voyager and then find the next model to start, i have been re-bitten by the bug. Everything i do at the moment is building up to the PL 1/350 Ent A refit which i have had for years but didnt have the balls to start. Once im happy with my techniques ill get her out of the box. I hope you like the pics!

Any comments, criticisms, suggestions or questions greatly received.

Very nice. Is that the Revell boxing?

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back