BTTF diamond select DeLorean 1/15 upgrades/mods

ok here we go

most of this will go unoticed once its painted unless i was to point it all out , but theres a fair amount of work gone in here

all the door edges were built up with jb weld and the sanded back so i have a uniform door gap

the sides were filed and sanded where the panels werent flush , then bondo /car body filler used where some were too low

so here we have it , both doors snap closed onto magents , they fit right and have nice gaps and i have now attached the side rub strips

1AiNv07.jpg

note the massive door gap here before i altered it
NF9ShVr.jpg

UgChQ3B.jpg

7UhQCHY.jpg

chsqNwv.jpg

cUDkgmV.jpg

bZXgQZS.jpg

PAQtR8r.jpg

first coats of primer

XXOFSas.jpg

8Ts0okT.jpg

Last edited:
I was thinking of using a Tube with Metal Rod inside to make it open & close. OR a piano hinge of some sort? With a little kick stand to hold it up that folds down when closed....??? But if you are seriously considering it, i'm sure SOMEONE here could give you the right advice!!!! "If only I had more time!" ;)

well all that bodywork has burned me up , im gona do some other parts for it and start on the flux bands , i might give it some thought and get back to it later

see i can easy fab up the tube/pin style hinge , i guess i could move the pin nearer the edge , but still would be totaly right

i dont plan to display it doors up anyhow

Last edited:
I know what you mean! :facepalm
Still, you're doing an awesome job! :thumbsup

well all that bodywork has burned me up , im gona do some other parts for it and start on the flux bands , i might give it some thought and get back to it later

see i can easy fab up the tube/pin style hinge , i guess i could move the pin nearer the edge , but still would be totaly right

i dont plan to display it doors up anyhow

anyone able to help with pics of the front flux boxes ?

and i need to know did they sit dead square with vertical sides or / like side of the fender

When painting this, be sure to spray the black and fascia's. Mask those off and then use the stainless buffer metalizer. Buff it and then remove the masks to reveal a nice sharp paint finish.

Don't do it the other way around, applying tape to the stainless buffer metalizer will ruin the finish.

Brilliant work! I did some minor mods to a couple of my 1/18 SunStar models a few years ago, but nothing this extensive. Beautiful!

Yep, I fond out the hard way. :facepalm

When painting this, be sure to spray the black and fascia's. Mask those off and then use the stainless buffer metalizer. Buff it and then remove the masks to reveal a nice sharp paint finish.

Don't do it the other way around, applying tape to the stainless buffer metalizer will ruin the finish.

first successful mock up on the front flux band , the brackets will be slimmed down once im happy it all fits , every thing is fitted with small pins into holes on the body so it will have some strength once done

7HrgBoZ.jpg

0h0BmKa.jpg

k4Fo7Zd.jpg

also ordered some neon /e.l wire to try behind these , but i doubt it will be bright enough

Last edited:
bAed8Z8.jpg

VdDRSXP.jpg

heres how im handling the rear , i made up a set of brackets for the correct width of the bands and drill each to pin to the body this holds them on well and i can remove refit as much as i like until final assembly

once the brackets are fitted bend the wire to suit ..will try and glue the mesh on tommorow

XfFUCl7.jpg

U4PCmSd.jpg

1jMs30M.jpg

brackets will be slimmed down once the heavy work is done

Last edited:
I really think you should try a different mesh, the holes are huge. Not trying to be rude. I just think that you could improve it with finer stuff. Can't be that hard to find.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back