BTTF diamond select DeLorean 1/15 upgrades/mods

Re: steveo's diamond select delorean 1/15 upgrades

yeah the seams will be gone before paint ..the pics show up every flaw lol

you mean the holes for the foil tubes? not sure i can fit em side by side , have you any pics of it ?

the tube is not touched yet, thats how it came..ive got some tiny nuts on order i can hopefully use with a new tube

The bottom tubes go right next to each other, the original cars had wooden disks that held the hoses into place. You might want to try filling over the holes with some putty and adding some little styrene disks to hold them, or just fill over and drill some new holes.

im having tubes to push in the holes and sit slightly proud of the surface , like the universal models have

would you say this car is fairly accurate? i know its a replica but its a decent pic and seems to be fairly good to my eye?
7HnnPiP.jpg

Last edited:

would you say this car is fairly accurate? i know its a replica but its a decent pic and seems to be fairly good to my eye?

188776_10150167479721779_717491778_8029802_4233122_n.jpg

Nope, thats one of the worst Time machines ever made. The guy who built it is a real sack of s*** and is corrupt as the night is dark.

Just use the reference of the screen used cars, you never want to reference a replica because you'd just be copying their mistakes.

Nope, thats one of the worst Time machines ever made. The guy who built it is a real sack of s*** and is corrupt as the night is dark.

Just use the reference of the screen used cars, you never want to reference a replica because you'd just be copying their mistakes.

:lol :lol :lol Tell us what you REALLY think! :thumbsup

:lol :lol :lol Tell us what you REALLY think! :thumbsup

It's either real accurate or phony accurate, which would you prefer? :lol

Sorry Steveo, that Videodouche just angers me to high heaven. The guy is just a wad of lies and misinformation, and I don't want anyone to be sucked into his web of creepy "jokes" and bad hats.

Lets move on shall we?

Last edited:

Would you say BTTFparts.com is good? Good reference photos. :love

It's either real accurate or phony accurate, which would you prefer? :lol

Sorry Steveo, that Videodouche just angers me to high heaven. The guy is just a wad of lies and misinformation, and I don't want anyone to be sucked into his web of creepy "jokes" and bad hats.

Lets move on shall we?

couple of small updates to keep the thread alive

i got myself a bare metal foil scribing tool today , its used for making thin lines like around doors on model cars etc

i opened up the slats on the grille , you can see the ones closer to the screen havent been done yet

8ZrLmaG.jpg

and i opened up the vents on the rear of the car, the tool works great and im glad i got it
xVSFi6Z.jpg

lastly , ive wired the capacitors
dcpYFSs.jpg

Last edited:

just noticed the real car has way more slots in the grille...might see what i can do there

Red Capacitors have three wire leads insted of two. The ILM Photo References from BTTFParts.com are your best part 1 reference for overall layouts. Offto55.com also had some great shots of the part I car via some closer black and white images.

-Gary

yeah noted the caps should have 3 wires , fitting 2x nearly drove me nuts so that will have to be close enough

and its a part 2 car im doing , could use some detail pics on the center box in front of the xover tube

Last edited:

I completely understand on the scale. I forgot just HOW small those really are.

Here you go with Part II DMC References. There are from Tom Silknitter, my co-moderator at 'Parts. These are part of an image collection he purchased from Jay Ohrberg. Jay had a direct connection with Universal immediately after filming and took a whole mess of reference shots. There are of the A-Car after filming and before it went on display in the early 90's.

ref-01.jpg

ref-02.jpg

ref-03.jpg

ref-04.jpg

ref-05.jpg

ref-06.jpg

I hope this helps. If there is anything else you needed, please be sure to post and I'll see if there is something in the archives that will help.

-Gary

thank you , those are helpfull , ive never noticed that central hose under the crossover pipe before

do you have any other pics of the model cars you owned

I'm guessing they were fitted with lightbulbs for 'hovering'.

-MJ

Brody hit the nail right on the head. There were three models made by Apogee - though only two were used in filming to my knowledge. Originally both models were made with static wheels in the flight position. They were both fitted with Bulbs to simulate the hover mode.

During filming they needed to have the wheels fold into the car at the end of the footage, so they took this model - removed the lights and made the articulated wheel system. The wheels would raise and lower via a stepper motor inside the chassis. They never bothered to make DMC Hubcap style inserts for the wheels.

-Gary

yeah thats the one thanks

any story behind why the wheels are not accurate?

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back