SS Betty (Alien Resurrection)

Thaks guys, oh yeah its big and its going to get a little bigger. Wait until the engines are on, its really going to get crazy.

Thanks for looking, questions, comments. Feel free to ask

Al

From your pictures, you have made the hull from board of some kind and screwed it together.

(I see reading the posts you are using half inch sintra, I have never heard of this what is it?)

Cheers,

Jase.

Last edited:
Hi, Sintra is a foamed PVC sheet. Its what the studio used. It easy to work with and glues easy. It easily countersinks the screws. Its great stuff, better and lighter than acrylic.

Al

The strength is very close, but weighs about half of what acyrlic would weigh. I reinforced everything on it. So should be plenty strong.

Al
Thank Al
I may have to check into it.This thread REALLY interests me!
The Betty is one of my all time favs!I purchased one a while back mastered I think by Alfred Wong.Very nice model!Im hoping youll sell the smaller ones cause it would be great to add!:thumbsup

Started on a few more patterns, lots of shaping and carving paterns. heres a few pics.

Thanks for looking.

Al

bettypatterns101811002-1.jpg

bettypatterns101811003-2.jpg

bettypatterns101811005-1.jpg

bettypatterns101811006-1.jpg

bettypatterns101811007-1.jpg

So Sentra us a brand name for foam board? It just doesn't seem like it would be strong enough. Doesn't it bend easy?

Another weekend update, got some primer on the rear body section. but only a dusting i ran out. and got a few things shaped and started gluing other patterns. and of course more planning on other parts. heres some pics.

Thanks for looking. questions ,comments feel free .

On a side note, Ive decided my next project will be a large scale Reliant.

Al

Bettyfoam102211004.jpg

Bettyfoam102211003.jpg

Bettyfoam102211001.jpg

Bettyfoam102211006.jpg

Bettyfoam102211005.jpg

Bettyfoam102211007.jpg

Bettyfoam102211008.jpg

Last edited:
This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back