RIP Ryan Dunn of *******

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldnt be saying "good" or "POS" if it had just been a normal person. But then thats just me. If it were your family, you'd still be sad, regardless of the level of idiocy. I cant believe we all dont have at least one person in our lives that we love who makes moronic choices but we still find other reasons to keep that person close in our lives.

While we sill do not know if he was too drunk to drive, If you are going to drink and drive to a place to do it, be sure to bring a non-drinking friend to drive home. And one who can watch your back. I cant tell you how many times i have seen drunk friends nearly drive home. Once you're drunk, regardless of how awesome a person you are sober, you NO LONGER CAN THINK RATIONALLY. The only way to personally avoid it is bring a DD, drink at home, or dont drink at all.

If you dont plan ahead, and you drive to a place to drink and you dont sober up first... if the establishment doesnt look out for you and call you a cab and force you into it, the chances are really high you are going to attempt to get home driving. I've had to throw friends keys across the yard into the woods to make them stay at my house before. People who normally would be the same people on here saying, "what a POS Ryan Dunn is for that" when sober.

Its when its repeat offenders that I get pissed off. Someone that did it before, probably more than once, and now is doing it again and kills someone. Thats what really makes me feel that ok, now it really is someone who is a POS. And generally it seems those never kill themselves, just others. Though I'm sure thats not the case, just feels that way.

Police: '*******' star drunk in fatal Pa. crash - Yahoo! News

PHILADELPHIA – "*******" star Ryan Dunn had a blood-alcohol content that was more than twice the legal limit when he and a passenger died in a fiery one-car crash this week, according to a toxicology report.

Dunn's Porsche may have been traveling as fast as 140 mph in a 55 mph zone when it jumped a guardrail, flew into a wooded ravine, struck a tree and burst into flames, police said.

His blood-alcohol level was 0.196 at the time of the Monday morning crash, according to the toxicology report released Wednesday by West Goshen Township Police. The legal limit for drivers is .08.

It is safe to say that asswhole is more fitting for ryan dunn. I dont care if your firends, but seriously if this is the friends you keep well good luck.

No sympathy for a murderer. He killed his friend, all of this was no mistake, just poor judgement for such a poor excuse of a human being who held no regard for any life.

Last edited:
It is safe to say that asswhole is more fitting for ryan dunn. I dont care if your firends, but seriously if this is the friends you keep well good luck.

No sympathy for a murderer. He killed his friend, all of this was no mistake, just poor judgement for such a poor excuse of a human being who held no regard for any life.

You know, I get that this is teh intarwebz where all statements are made with extra hyperbole and a dash of self-righteousness, but don't you think it's going a BIT far to say that the guy had NO REGARD FOR ANY LIFE? That's a pretty bold statement to make.

Likewise, the whole "Good! F--- him!" attitude.

I mean, I'm not defending the guy's bad judgment at driving at excessive speeds, especially while apparently legally intoxicated, but to say "I have no sympathy for him"? Really? He's f--king DEAD. Not just in jail and crying while saying "I'm so sorry" during an allocution hearing. Dead.

Do you -- or anyone else on the board here -- think the guy deserved to DIE because he was an idiot? I don't. I don't think ANYONE in that scenario DESERVES to die, and I think their deaths are indeed a tragedy, the same way any kind of death relating to drunk driving would be.

For all those saying "F--- him," let me ask you a question. What if this was just some high school kid who got tanked up on his own and drove his car into a tree? Would you be saying the same thing? Or are you perhaps conflating this guy's public persona of being a lunatic goofball with bad judgment with his bad judgment in this specific situation? In other words, are you saying he DESERVES to die or that you have NO sympathy for him because he happened to do stupid crap on TV for a living?

If you lost a loved one in a drunk driving related accident (especially where they were the sober one and the other driver was drunk), I can understand that this event would bring to the forefront real rage, pain, and frustration. Likewise, if you're someone who was an alcoholic and cleaned up, I can understand to a degree where you'd view Dunn's actions through your own filter.

But let's not forget that the guy is DEAD. He screwed up, made a really REALLY stupid call, and now he and a friend of his are DEAD. No respawn, no continues, no takebacks, no regrets, no remorse. Dead. Everybody who cared about anyone involved in this situation loses.

--EDIT--

Just to clarify, I'm not saying that the guy is blameless. Nor am I saying that -- had he lived -- he shouldn't have served jail time for that. What I'm saying is that the whole "I have no sympathy for him" attitude to me is just knee-jerk self-righteousness that fails to take into account the fact that he's dead. It is, to me, akin to saying that drunk drivers ought to be EXECUTED if they happen to kill someone while under the influence. And, I'm sorry, but as bad as their actions might be, I don't think they deserve execution. This is not someone who deliberately murdered another person in cold blood. Self-centered and stupid is not the same thing as willfully evil.

Last edited:
The thing is he is a repeat offender so there was no sense punishing him. The best way was actually for him to just die and clean up the gene pool.

Too bad for the loss of life but the way he died is inexcusable!!

Don't Drink And Drive means just that! Even if you had one drink! Don't Drink And Drive! Simple rule to follow!

not only a simple rule to follow - but a very simple decision to be made before you even go to a pub if one is sober - if u want to drink u find another way to the pub.

he hasnt learnt from previous mistakes :( and it cost lives :(

Well, too bad they didn't have supervision or medics on standby when they pancaked their car at 110mph. Too bad for all the dumb kids who watch that show and try to reproduce the stunts without supervision or medics. But hey, I'm sure he was a really great guy in spite of being a terrible role model. I sympathize for the families of the victims, but not the victims themselves. I'm just glad that their reckless behavior didn't cost any innocent lives.

Too bad for the parents who make it okay for them to watch it.

How so, it was clear he was never going to learn his lesson. All he would do is dig deep into his pockets and bail his butt out. This is his swift kick in the ass although i hope for the victims sake they go after the dunn estate.

So, you can see the future? You KNEW if he lived he would have never learned his lesson so obviously you can, so what are the next 3 nights winning lotto numbers?

But it is rather difficult to respect someone that is a repeat offender, has no care for the lives around him including his own passengers, and really has a death wish.

I would rather respect a recovering alcoholic on their way to sobriety rather than a person that has no care in the world as to what happens after they drink and get behind the wheel of a vehicle.

I'm really seeing the generation gap in this thread.

Show SOME respect? Why?

I'll be 47 in a week..and for most of my life I've lived under the don't drink and drive campaign. I know a couple of people who have died at the hands of a drunk driver and I have no sympathy for drunk drivers. It's completely preventable.

Yes I am slightly biased because I abhor those movies and the show but to each their own but I will admit that I would feel the same if it was a non celebrity. There is simply no excuse for dying from drinking and driving. None.

So, you can see the future? You KNEW if he lived he would have never learned his lesson so obviously you can, so what are the next 3 nights winning lotto numbers?

From someones past you learn there future. So i guess moving violation 24 is the charm.

I think your off base in assuming he will have learned something. He is a 34 yr old dead jack ass paved by way life that was selfish and self serving.

I'm really seeing the generation gap in this thread.

Show SOME respect? Why?

I'll be 47 in a week..and for most of my life I've lived under the don't drink and drive campaign. I know a couple of people who have died at the hands of a drunk driver and I have no sympathy for drunk drivers. It's completely preventable.

Yes I am slightly biased because I abhor those movies and the show but to each their own but I will admit that I would feel the same if it was a non celebrity. There is simply no excuse for dying from drinking and driving. None.

You don't think that the families of both sides deserve respect? I didn't mean for it to come off as a praise Ryan, he is dead, that's it. No need to insult him. I realize that his family doesn't read this, but what if one of his friends read that he deserved to die?

Tetsu, Your kitty helmet is on a little too tight. This is a RIP thread. Go troll in your boycott ******* thread. Oh wait that got closed:lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back