RIP Ryan Dunn of *******

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently Roger Ebert tweeted: "Friends don’t let Jackasses drink and drive." Little bit to soon in my opinion

A little too late is more like it... Maybe the death of a ******* will be a lesson to all those aspiring jackasses out there. Being dumb isn't cool.

A little too late is more like it... Maybe the death of a ******* will be a lesson to all those aspiring jackasses out there. Being dumb isn't cool.

Doing stunts under supervision with medics at hand incase anything goes wrong is a fair cry different from drink driving (not that Im excusing it). Some peoples goal in life is to become a stuntman (so dont go knocking some peoples goals). And finally, two people died have some ***king respect even if you didnt know them personally or care for what they done in life.

Very sad, maybe stupid, but still sad. My Honda Accord could do 120mph, 110 is nothing in a Porsche. Drunk driving is a whole different story, but still sad. RIP.

Has the picture with skidmarks on both lanes been mentioned? I havent seen it mentioned here yet but there were two sets of skidmarks. Not sure if one was there after the wreck... but it almost looks like possible racing?

20110620_011142_do20-ryan-dunn-crash-580px.jpg

The other set stops just where Ryan's car went off. Like they panicked and stopped then left? Or were those tracks left after the accident by other means?

Doing stunts under supervision with medics at hand incase anything goes wrong is a fair cry different from drink driving (not that Im excusing it). Some peoples goal in life is to become a stuntman (so dont go knocking some peoples goals). And finally, two people died have some ***king respect even if you didnt know them personally or care for what they done in life.

Well, too bad they didn't have supervision or medics on standby when they pancaked their car at 110mph. Too bad for all the dumb kids who watch that show and try to reproduce the stunts without supervision or medics. But hey, I'm sure he was a really great guy in spite of being a terrible role model. I sympathize for the families of the victims, but not the victims themselves. I'm just glad that their reckless behavior didn't cost any innocent lives.

I dont get why a few people on here are giving him stick for not living the life of a saint, no one lives a life of a saint and everyone does stupid **** (its what makes us human).

Making honest mistakes that appear to be stupid are one thing. Drinking and driving are an entirely different thing. I have no sympathy for those who die in such a way, especially when they take others with them.

I am just glad he didn't take anyone else out with his stupidity and selfishness.

Either one is very stupid and puts others at risk.

Sure thing...

But we don't know what makes him act like this... Maybe there was a reason, but maybe he was just stupid...

Who knows?!?

"de mortuis nil nisi bene"

I'd like to know how many of you guys complaining about the speed have never driven 100mph before on a public road? Ever think maybe a dear or other animal maybe jumped in the road? Maybe someone was chasing them and they tried to make a quick turn for the off ramp, maybe they were racing. We don't know the whole story. All i do know is if you get in the car of a ******* star after he was drinking and that car is a 911 there is noone to blame but yourself. Kind of like letting your drunk friend shoot an apple off your head. Ya the guy shooting is drunk but who is the real dummy?

I'd like to know how many of you guys complaining about the speed have never driven 100mph before on a public road? Ever think maybe a dear or other animal maybe jumped in the road? Maybe someone was chasing them and they tried to make a quick turn for the off ramp, maybe they were racing. We don't know the whole story. All i do know is if you get in the car of a ******* star after he was drinking and that car is a 911 there is noone to blame but yourself. Kind of like letting your drunk friend shoot an apple off your head. Ya the guy shooting is drunk but who is the real dummy?

Thats all well and good, and even though only the two guys in the car died, its still had great potential to hurt/kill someone else. And I like how you throw in "maybe they were racing" like that would make it any better. And no, I've NEVER driven that fast. Ever. And it wasnt just a "public road", but a dark windy public road. Unless he was traveling that fast to escape some kind of mortal danger (which yes, I will admit is possible), theres simply no excuse.

I'm thinking some of these guys lived with an immortality complex. It would be very easy to convince yourself, if you were a player on that show, that you simply cannot die.

Why should there be sympathy for Ryan dunn? I am missing something here, he gets in the car drunk, he speeds down a public road while drunk. He takes his life and the life of his passenger, while driving drunk at high speeds. If dunn walked away and his passenger didnt, he would be convicted manslaughter. The sympathizer's here are off base, he endangered his life and the life of others. I drive on 322, it is a local roadway to me, if i was on the road and he pulled this ****, and yes they did it often at times they even laughed at cops faces.

I think at this time it is time for all sane rational people to boycot and not buy into the ******* or dickhouse brand. Thes guys regularly endanger the lively hoods of the public, lets rewind a few yrs ago to travis pastrana when he speeded lambo and crippled his friend.

You know what friends dont let friends drive drunk, call a cab call your parents because these 30 yr olds still live with them. Is the model for america, i think not.

Ryan Dunn definitely made bad judgement calls and paid the price. Does this make him and his entire life worthless or null & void, no. It makes him human like you and I. Sure we don't obviously poor judgement calls like driving drunk at high speeds. But you and I will eventually pull out without looking or with oncoming traffic too close. You and I will eventually misjudge a pass or forget to switch on our turn signals. If you and I are lucky and consistent enough our little slip-ups in judgement may not be anything our insurance companies can't work out. If not its game-over-man, as Ryan Dunn and THOUSANDS others learned today all over the world.

People don't take driving seriously anymore. Drive safely. RIP fallen drivers and innocent bystanders.

-From another driver trying to survive in the jungle known as the American roadway

I was at a loss to say because I've read line after line after line condemning and demeaning a lost life so casually.

Yes, I don't care for drunk driving, either, but man is the atmosphere hard on so many boards.

I think compucrap pretty much sums up how I feel.

Have I EVER driven drunk? No... I don't even drink truth be told. I've had one or two alchoholic beverages in my entire lifetime and that's all I ever cared to have.

HOWEVER, I have made some boneheaded decisions and calls in my life and I'm sure an accident or two I've been in were my fault. Thankfully, no injuries or fatalities have resulted and I think I've tried to be a better driver and safer after those events. I certainly DO NOT drive 110 mph on any roads as a rule and do try to be patient on the road even as other drivers sometimes drive me nuts.

I haven't known anybody personally who died because of a DUI/drunk driver but certainly had my share of classmates die BECAUSE of vehicular accidents and one over-the-top DUI incident where EVERYONE in the vehicle was drinking!

Did I twitter to everybody that I thought everyone in the car was a ****ing idiot? No... (Twitter didn't exist 25 years ago when the accident happened.) I'd like to think it's classier to keep thoughts like that to myself and let friends and family mourn over lives lost in those circumstances. I kept the lesson drinking and driving don't mix even as I saw other classmates do the exact opposite once the five-minute mourning period for our classmate was over.

On the other hand, I've known for quite a while that Roger Ebert is a ******, cancer survivor or not, and that his twittering couldn't have been timed worse than it was...

Making honest mistakes that appear to be stupid are one thing. Drinking and driving are an entirely different thing. I have no sympathy for those who die in such a way, especially when they take others with them.

I am just glad he didn't take anyone else out with his stupidity and selfishness.

+1

he was a mid-level celebrity that chose to drink and drive. He got what he deserved . When I hear about drunk drivers in town , I always hope that they kill themselves and not others.

-James

I was at a loss to say because I've read line after line after line condemning and demeaning a lost life so casually.

Yes, I don't care for drunk driving, either, but man is the atmosphere hard on so many boards.

I think compucrap pretty much sums up how I feel.

Have I EVER driven drunk? No... I don't even drink truth be told. I've had one or two alchoholic beverages in my entire lifetime and that's all I ever cared to have.

HOWEVER, I have made some boneheaded decisions and calls in my life and I'm sure an accident or two I've been in were my fault. Thankfully, no injuries or fatalities have resulted and I think I've tried to be a better driver and safer after those events. I certainly DO NOT drive 110 mph on any roads as a rule and do try to be patient on the road even as other drivers sometimes drive me nuts.

I haven't known anybody personally who died because of a DUI/drunk driver but certainly had my share of classmates die BECAUSE of vehicular accidents and one over-the-top DUI incident where EVERYONE in the vehicle was drinking!

Did I twitter to everybody that I thought everyone in the car was a ****ing idiot? No... (Twitter didn't exist 25 years ago when the accident happened.) I'd like to think it's classier to keep thoughts like that to myself and let friends and family mourn over lives lost in those circumstances. I kept the lesson drinking and driving don't mix even as I saw other classmates do the exact opposite once the five-minute mourning period for our classmate was over.

On the other hand, I've known for quite a while that Roger Ebert is a ******, cancer survivor or not, and that his twittering couldn't have been timed worse than it was...

Thanks George, originally my post was to be short and sweet but on complicated topics such as this its difficult to do.

One thing I was trying to convey in my message is that almost NO ONE takes driving as seriously as they should, obviously including Ryan Dunn. "Oh but I never speed or drive drunk so I'm a responsible driver..." uhhh, No you aren't. You may have made the right decision about drinking and driving or driving way too fast but eventually you WILL relax your defenses and WILL make a mistake on the roadway. (And you too will probably be breaking the law when you do it too; I.E. speeding, accidentally running a red light, passing when you shouldn't, riding the bumper of the car in front of you, not checking your blind spots when merging... ect.) All those little "oops" you have on the roadway tend to be violations of driving law... just like Ryan Dunn violated several laws.

So really while I see why some people are not sympathetic to Dunn's situation (Let's face it, if it was a no name drunk driving incident everyone would be saying what a P.O.S. they were and good riddance.) But keep in mind ALL drivers will eventually make poor judgement calls including you and me. The best thing to take away from this whole situation is to try harder at being a safe and consistently safe driver. You'd be surprised how many people have been killed in car incidents at only 25-35 miles an hour. You don't have to be doing 110mph (or now 130mph as the police are saying) to kill yourself in an automobile.

For me the saddest part is Ryan Dunn was one of the more "responsible" and intelligent of the ******* group and he pretty much threw it all away for a few minutes of joy riding. Lot's of people have made this mistake and paid the price for it. Hopefully the rest of the ******* crew will take this as an opportunity to use their fame and fortunes to do some good in the world in Honor of their friends that are gone now for such stupid reasons.

And thanks for clearing up Eberts chin. I was wondering what happened. Didn't hear he had had cancer, was he a smoker or something? And he was always an a******, I always liked Siskel more anyways.

Thanks George, originally my post was to be short and sweet but on complicated topics such as this its difficult to do.

One thing I was trying to convey in my message is that almost NO ONE takes driving as seriously as they should, obviously including Ryan Dunn. "Oh but I never speed or drive drunk so I'm a responsible driver..." uhhh, No you aren't. You may have made the right decision about drinking and driving or driving way too fast but eventually you WILL relax your defenses and WILL make a mistake on the roadway. (And you too will probably be breaking the law when you do it too; I.E. speeding, accidentally running a red light, passing when you shouldn't, riding the bumper of the car in front of you, not checking your blind spots when merging... ect.) All those little "oops" you have on the roadway tend to be violations of driving law... just like Ryan Dunn violated several laws.

So really while I see why some people are not sympathetic to Dunn's situation (Let's face it, if it was a no name drunk driving incident everyone would be saying what a P.O.S. they were and good riddance.) But keep in mind ALL drivers will eventually make poor judgement calls including you and me. The best thing to take away from this whole situation is to try harder at being a safe and consistently safe driver. You'd be surprised how many people have been killed in car incidents at only 25-35 miles an hour. You don't have to be doing 110mph (or now 130mph as the police are saying) to kill yourself in an automobile.

For me the saddest part is Ryan Dunn was one of the more "responsible" and intelligent of the ******* group and he pretty much threw it all away for a few minutes of joy riding. Lot's of people have made this mistake and paid the price for it. Hopefully the rest of the ******* crew will take this as an opportunity to use their fame and fortunes to do some good in the world in Honor of their friends that are gone now for such stupid reasons.

And thanks for clearing up Eberts chin. I was wondering what happened. Didn't hear he had had cancer, was he a smoker or something? And he was always an a******, I always liked Siskel more anyways.

Summary: Get off your high horse. While you don't drink and drive and race your supercar you do make mistakes on the roadway and generally those mistakes are violations of the law (and you're lucky you didn't kill anyone when you made that mistake.) I think this is a good example why religions tell us not to Judge one another because we are all flawed and we all make mistakes (Sometimes fatal mistakes.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back