RIP Ryan Dunn of *******

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a shame when anyone dies but why was he doing 110? The most I've ever done is maybe close to 90 but that's rare.. And drinking on top of it? Now he and his passenger are gone. That's sad :-/ May they both rest in peace.

Sad news indeed, and it sucks for those who remain behind

at the same time, not saying he deserved it, but what else would you expect from someone part of the jack ass crew? Dying while being a jack ass

Gee what a shock. It's a shame and I feel bad for the family and friends but it's not surprising at all in a society where people think drinking is a skill.

I dont get why a few people on here are giving him stick for not living the life of a saint, no one lives a life of a saint and everyone does stupid **** (its what makes us human).

Has it been announced who was driving? The reports ive seen so far have only said there were two of them in the car but no mention of who was driving, not that it matters, if you get in the car with someone whos drink driving your as responsible as the person driving. It is a huge shame that he went out that way, so many people form my school and friends have died that way so I have no remorse for the action.

I do however think he wouldve been a good guy to know, and he will definetley be missed as he was my favourite out of the ******* crew. My thoughts go out to all his family and friends in this time of darkness.

"I mourn the loss of thousands of precious lives, but I will not rejoice in the death of one."

Not real happy he took a passenger with him, though.

I am quite sure the passenger would have been aware of what they were doing when they got in the car.

Not a nice way to go and even though they could have killed other innocent people I still don't like to see anybody dying young and in such a pointless way.

I always thought Ryan Dunn was one of the funniest guys on ******* so no matter the circumstances it is still really sad.

Chris

He will be missed.

images

Ryan-Dunn-Memorex-ad-12-10-10-kc.jpg

http://www.mezczyzni.info/mezczyzna/*******-number-two-ryan-dunn-pyton-faceci.jpeg

Nick

One of my fave cast members...is this the first ******* cast fatality? Seems hard to believe, given the lifestyle.

Apparently Roger Ebert tweeted: "Friends don’t let Jackasses drink and drive." Little bit to soon in my opinion

One of my fave cast members...is this the first ******* cast fatality? Seems hard to believe, given the lifestyle.

I think the whole world is shocked it wasn't Steve-O who died first, although I'm convinced he'll outlive them all. I think he stumbled upon the same mixture as Keith Richards and is now immortal.

Last edited:
Apparently Roger Ebert tweeted: "Friends don’t let Jackasses drink and drive." Little bit to soon in my opinion

This is Ebert we're talking about here. Nothing he says is a shock. I feel bad for Dunn's family and that of the passenger but I haven't got much sympathy as he'd proven himself to be unable of making good choices just by being in that show.

Scroll down for summarized moral

All car "accidents" are tragic because 95% of all "accidents" are preventable. Be it a drunk driver pushing his sports car too far to the mother who's in a hurry and jumps out in front of a semi truck or the classic tragic tale of the careless teenager whos busy sending an absolutely pointless text message running a red light "accidentally."

The vast majority are car incidents. In the vast majority of traffic deaths things DID NOT have to end so badly. It takes one bad judgement call, and anyone who drives regularly will eventually make a bad judgement call at somepoint. Its statistically inevitable. The only difference is ours (God willing) didn't end in any fatalities. (That close call that comes to mind, yeah, that probably should have been worst.)

I decided a long time ago that all car related deaths are sad not only because people died (and innocent people in most cases) but also because the vast majority are completely preventable. A classmate friend of mine died a few years ago when he was ejected from his truck during a snowstorm. Solution: wear your seatable and drive according to the conditions. He was a great guy in the prime of his life and he died because of bad judgement calls he made. The terrible thing is he didn't get a do-over for what in most cases wouldn't be a big deal (lot's of people don't wear seatbelts.) And the only reasons he died was because he was human like you and I.

As a hang glider pilot I was taught to treat each "accident" as a chance to examine what that pilot did wrong. To learn and worship the lesson he paid the ultimate price to teach everyone else. Be it car "accident" or hang glider "accident" the moral of this post is the same. Make better judgement calls and quit treating every "accident" you hear about as a chance to pass judgement and blame on responsible parties. Instead let it remind you to stay vigilant and consistent in you're daily piloting. You will one day make bad judgement calls on the road and if you learned from all those who've fallen before you you might just be lucky enough to survive.

Ryan Dunn definitely made bad judgement calls and paid the price. Does this make him and his entire life worthless or null & void, no. It makes him human like you and I. Sure we don't obviously poor judgement calls like driving drunk at high speeds. But you and I will eventually pull out without looking or with oncoming traffic too close. You and I will eventually misjudge a pass or forget to switch on our turn signals. If you and I are lucky and consistent enough our little slip-ups in judgement may not be anything our insurance companies can't work out. If not its game-over-man, as Ryan Dunn and THOUSANDS others learned today all over the world.

People don't take driving seriously anymore. Drive safely. RIP fallen drivers and innocent bystanders.

-From another driver trying to survive in the jungle known as the American roadway

The thing is is that all the reports i've read haven't stated that he was drunk. Just that speed was a factor. I think until they examine the remains (if they can) we can't really say anything.

So the guy had a picture taken of him with a drink? I go out and have the occasional drink (singular) but I don't get drunk or even buzzed for that matter. It could of just been him being a tard in a sports car.

I think it's tragic that he has died and my prayers go to his family and friends.

Now, if they determine he was hammered and that caused the accident, well then he's a ****ing idiot.

True that it hasnt been determined yet if he was drunk, but either one of two things happened:

1) He drove drunk over 100mph on a dark, windy road.

2) He drove sober over 100mph on a dark, windy road.

Either one is very stupid and puts others at risk. My wife is a close friend with the ******* crowd (more specifically the Viva La Bam crowd but same difference) and knows who the other person is who died. I do not know the person but will not go into that any further since I do not know what reasons exactly their name has yet to be released. She has been offered a free ticket out to Philadelphia for a "memorial service" of sorts, but doesnt know if shes going.

She was very saddened and shocked by this - and although it comes with the territory of being famous, all the harsh comments and jokes have really taken a toll on her today to read. She does not excuse Ryan's actions (whatever they may have been), which makes this all the harder to understand. As someone who knew the real Ryan Dunn, she saw him as the most mature, polite, and responsible of the group.

Its a hard mix of sadness that he's gone and anger at what he did I think. Just sad all around for everyone. :(

I feel bad for the beard. We don't see enough beards of that caliber in the media these days. One less is too many. RIP beard, we shall remember ye!

It is a shame, he may have been slighly older than his Saturn Return but it still makes you think.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back