Echo Station 57, we're on our way....slowly

Re: Echo Station 57, we're on our way....slowly

Nick please count me in for one! I definitely want any ship from ESB! My favourite Star Wars Movie!

wait.. what? is this a computer model? or a real physical model?

From the pictures.. i can't even tell... damn...

*2 minutes later* Okay I scrolled through the other pages.. this model is real?!?! Holy crap..

If you ever offer this up.. I'm up for one. It looks fantastic.

I thought it was a CG model too. I just don't know what to say but incredible.

again.... OUSTANDING PROGRESS!!!

I just had to come back and look at this again....

DUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUDE!!! :eek:eek:eek:eek:eek:eek

Nick... I know I have stated this to you before... on this, and another board... when you are ready to go... I will be in for TWO of these beasties.

They will be GREAT additions to the collection! OUTSTANDING work my friend! :love:love:love:love

question...

Real quick.... what are the Length and Width dimensions of this SS beastie?! I am going to plan out an appropriate, and unique display setting for them when they become available. ;)

Outstanding work Nick, thats really wonderful, its all getting pretty exciting!

lee

Re: question...

Are you going to replicate Hoth ? :D Or better, the hidden hangar bay ? :)

We are definitely thinking alike on this one. :D

Of those two, my vision went a little haywire Julien! LOLOLOLOLOLOL

My first thought was in fact recreating the hanger bay. However,.. thinking further... and considering what new plans I have for gallery display... (everything HUGE!)... I had decided to go with replicating HOTH's rolling snowbanks, with a dug in Rebel trench, and THREE (to scale with the SS T-47 kits :eek:eek:eek) AT-AT's on the approach. I would have both Luke and Wedge's speeders positioned just over and passed the trench, heading toward the AT-AT's. I am thinking about a 20 foot long display, with a forced perspective painted wall behind it all. ;)

How does that sound my friend? Is that to much over the top? Or would that be something that would be a joy to view for gallery patrons?

Last edited:

That would make the ATAT's around 5 feet high or so, talking very rough anyway, maybe larger?
Ill just take one Nick...that will do me fine LOL.

lee

That would make the ATAT's around 5 feet high or so, talking very rough anyway, maybe larger?
Ill just take one Nick...that will do me fine LOL.

lee

he he he he.... so what do you think Lee? Too much over the top?

Which bird will you be recreating? I can't wait to see that build! :D

This piece Nick is creating has just completely blown my mind with the detail he has placed into it! THIS is what it is all about! GREAT CREATION!!! :D

Wow, I've just checked in to see if anyone liked the latest work...er, I take it that's a yes then! - many thanks for the kind words. Its all very encouraging.

I wanted to go for a mixture of the studio model cockpit tub, but jazzed up with aspects of the practical live action set. I think as the cockpit area is such a focal part of the Speeder, any display model would need it to be as detailed as possible to hold interest. So, it will build up nice out of the box..but if you are a demon superdetailer ( Jason?) there's plenty of scope to amp it up to the next level.

Kurt, re size. I'm not at home at the mo' to take exact measurements, but its about 55cm long and a bit less in width. So, basically it kind of fills a two foot square area.

Dan S: is that you? - long time no hear. Thanks for your assistance with the planning of this project...it took a while but I'm getting there :)

It still feels like there is a long road to go yet, I'll be happy once I get a good set of castings etc. I'm aiming for a decent pre-Xmas deadline.

I've been logging those interested in getting a Speeder in the order they have contacted/announced interest, so keep 'em coming!. - Nothing will happen till I have all the required kits boxed and ready to go though. No pre-payments etc. It gets too messy.

Cheers
Nick

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back