Advanced Potions Making

Are you a graphic designer? I ask because you may want to follow a medieval page layout. It will look much more authentic (I'm guessing here as I am not a Harry Potter fan). If you do not have a copy of Adobe InDesign (I highly recommend avoiding MSWord), I hear Scribus is a very good free alternative.

I'd offer to do the work on it for you myself, but I simply do not have the time. But feel free to send me a message or email if I can answer any questions. Book layout and design is my day job.

Thank you. I am Industrial engineer but also I have studies of graphic design, web design,... ( I am a photographer too :D ) InDesign IS the program for a great project like this, I know it, thanks for your advice. I can't imagine anyone trying to do something like this with MSWord... Thank you very much for your possible help, I'll let you know if I need you for resolve any doubt.

edit: thanks for the link, I am a big fan for the medieval books art. I will not use any information about real medieval page layout since this prop has a very particular style, but maybe for future proyects will be useful.

Hi,

@demiguel.m : This is not what I asked you! I apologise if I was misinterpreted, maybe? So I wanted to know if you were going to put us a link High resolution images of your work and then do as @TK8541, put it in PDF?

Thnaks you !

:$ You make me blush, KramStaar :lol Thank you.

I need help with English phrase:

"The grass should be _____(two or tree words)_____ than two weeks harvested."

Have "grass" word any sense? (in reference to a potion)
What words could be?

Last edited:
Hi,

@demiguel.m : This is not what I asked you! I apologise if I was misinterpreted, maybe? So I wanted to know if you were going to put us a link High resolution images of your work and then do as @TK8541, put it in PDF?

Thnaks you !

Thats a good idea...

Hi,

The Draught of Living Death brings upon its drinker a very powerful sleep that can last indefinitely. This Draught is very dangerous if not used with caution.
Before you begin, ensure that you have all the equipment required and all the ingredients are available.

Equipment Required :
- Chaudron de taille standard
- 130 fl.oz bécher
- 50 fl.oz éprouvette graduée
- tube à essai standard
- 730 fl.oz verre doseur
- agitateur
- compte-gouttes
Ingredients :
- Water – eau potionante standard
- 130 oz Racines d’Asphodel en poudre
- Essence d’Armoise
- Racines de Valériane
- 12 Fêves Sopophoriques
-

Instructions :
- Cut up the Sopophorous Bean
- Pour in 730 fl.oz of water and add 5 oz of African Sea Salt to
beaker. Set the beaker after all the Water has been added
Be very careful not so shaks or the beaker now.
- Leave the water and salt to rest for 5 minutes
- Slowly pour the all the Water into the cauldron
- With your left hand use the graduated cylinder to obtain 40 fl.oz of Wormwood Essence
- With your right hand hold the cauldron at a slight add 20 drops (20 fl.oz) Wormwood Essence
- Now with your left hand hold the cauldron at

The rest is unreadable !

Pages, pages, pages...

5952552896_434f834c3c_o.jpg

So, I layout the page in that way because of this:

5952059995_ec0a93caae_o.jpg

Standard book of potions has the images under the title, but snape version has them on the right. That page is not seen on screen, but I'm pretty sure it is not much different from the original.

So, I layout the page in that way because of this:

5952059995_ec0a93caae_o.jpg

Standard book of potions has the images under the title, but snape version has them on the right. That page is not seen on screen, but I'm pretty sure it is not much different from the original.

speaking for myself...I like both versions, but I like Snape's old worn copy :p

i joined the rpf yesterday because of this project. its absolutely incredible! keep up yhe amazing work

Definitely a great job mate.. Looking amazing.. I'd love to buy a copy when completed..

Thank you guys :)

Think they should work with the member who did the cover etc and to a combine job and bind them then sell them off.. Dibs!!

I really love the ecl cover; tutorial and technics are awesome but I have a very very detailed vectorial cover version and I plan to use some techniques I've learned over the years while doing grail diaries.

Will this be a free .PDF (paper prop) or a completed cover with pages?

Is it possible to buy pages (.pdf) for those of us who made a blank cover?

CharmedOne, I have really bad experiences with free props because ebay and recasting pages; same with pdf files. People who asking for purchase a copy of my work, really knows how many hours it takes to do something like this.

the good news are I am still working :)

5960107307_e89d2f548a_o.jpg

ey Beechy McFly, forum says me:

Sorry! That user has specified that they do not wish to receive emails. If you still wish to send an email to this user, please contact the administrator and they may be able to help.

edit: I can now receive private messages. I apologize for those who have tried before and failed, control panel autocheck an option about only friends can send PM ...

Last edited:
This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back