Video: Ferris Bueller's Last Day Off

Indeed- actually worth the time watching.

It's funny... When I was 16, the gags seemed so cool (such as the "dummy in the bed in case Mom comes home to check").

Now twenty five years later the same gag seems so... dumb. :lol

Kevin

That was pretty funny.

It's also demonstrates why that must not remake this movie or do a sequel. It would not work today.

'Course it would. All you'd need to do is have Ferris be an old stiff in a dead job, and have the flick be his son showing him how to have fun again.

'Course it would. All you'd need to do is have Ferris be an old stiff in a dead job, and have the flick be his son showing him how to have fun again.

Or have Ferris' marriage to Sloane seeming to be on the fritz and having him take her and his son, who is a nerd who hasn't missed a day of school, out on the town to have a good time. And along the way, Ferris somehow manages to remind Sloane about what it was like to have fun and sort of spark life back into their marriage and showing a bit of bonding between father and son (actually, it could start off with Ferris getting his son out of school with the intention of doing a father/son day off, and then having them discovered by Sloane, to which Ferris convinces her to come along).

Frankly, I kinda wish John Hughes was still alive and have done a followup to The Breakfast Club. I'd like to know if those five kids who met one Saturday successfully avoided becoming their parents (as they expressed that they hope they wouldn't) or, somehow, they did become like their parents and never realized it.

Two ways a sequel could be done:
Exact Copy
Ferris and Cameron work for a big company but it is too lovely a day to stay at work. Ferris takes for a day of fun. He tells the Hooters staff that it is Cameron's birthday, posing as wealthy investors they test drive the new Aston Martins, etc. At the meeting room the team leader says "Where are those specs, Ferris?", show his empty chair, a fellow worker (cameo by Kristy Swanson) says "My boyfriend's analyst's ex-wife said she saw Ferris passed out at TGIFridays last night." The weasly guy that wants the promotion that Ferris is getting keeps trying to catch Ferris. Everytime a co-worker tells him "Oh, you just missed him, he went to the mailroom (or other work related place)." Etc, etc.

Maudlin
Ferris calls Sloan and Cameron. They haven't seen each other in a while and he wants to have a day of with them. Ferris talks them all into skydiving (getting Cameron over his fear of heights), etc, et.
The night concludes with a really fine dinner. Ferris stands up, glass raised to salute the people that have been there during his happiest times. Ferris crumples during the end, he looks bad. "You'd better drive me home." he tells them.
His sister and parents are waiting for him at his house. "Where were you. You know the doctor said you shouldn't have too much excitement."
Ferris smiles through the pain, "I just needed one last good day."

Wolf

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back