AMAZING 1/3 scale Chris Reeve Superman costume for BobbyC's statue - COMPLETED!

cking

Sr Member
Hi everyone,

I just wanted to share these pics of the AMAZING 1/3 scale Superman costume which I have commissioned for use on BobbyC's upcoming 1/3 scale Christopher Reeve as Superman statue.
This costume is the first prototype that has been made and the belt, sleeves and collar are still work in progress.

The body form was created by Bob for the costume makers to tailor the costume but the final pose is still to be confirmed.

This costume has been constructed in the same way as the original costume. It is an incredible achievement that the costume makers have been able to create the "S" emblem in the chest by sewing it IN to the tunic (rather than just sticking a patch on the top of the costume).
The fabric colours used on this miniature costume have been matched to an original Reeve costume.

BobbyC-CKing-Costume1.jpg

BobbyC-CKing-Costume2.jpg

BobbyC-CKing-Costume3.jpg

Chris

Last edited:
Re: AMAZING 1/3 scale Chris Reeve Superman costume for BobbyC's upcoming statue

Wow, the attention to detail on the emblem is really nice. Kudos to the person that sewed the suit.

Thanks. Yes - the emblem is beautifully finished. Arguably more refined and accurate than the one I had on my full size costume! Amazing to think that they achieved this quality on something three times smaller than the full size!

Chris

That is so friggin cool! Can you make the Bermans and Nathans tag in it?
belairbeauty-berman-nathans-tag-x380.jpg

Absolutely stunning achievement!! Really beautiful work here, I applaud the costumers. It's amazing to see the very tight zig zag stitching around the small sections of the emblem, and the fact that it's SEWN-IN!!! WOW! Cape pleats are sharp and look incredible, not to mention that the cape itself scales fantastically! I'm a HUGE fan, it's just awesome work!! Thanks for posting!

Chris ?!?!?! Is that you? Well look who's somewhat back!! Good to see you again old friend. So happy to see you're doing Supes still.

Hey Jose,

Yes, it's good to be back and it's great to hear from you. Congrats on Anovos. AWESOME stuff you're doing there!

Thanks for all your comments everyone. Glad you like it! I'll be showing pics of the EMBROIDERED cape emblem later this week. Just stunning work by the costume people and I'm extremely grateful for their tireless attention to detail.

Jedifyfe - that would be so cool to have a little B&N tag in there! :lol

Chris

Chris ?!?!?! Is that you? Well look who's somewhat back!! Good to see you again old friend. So happy to see you're doing Supes still.

Last edited:

Hi everyone,

After a lot of hard work, the costume makers have completed the costume for Bobby C's 1:3 scale statue.
I'll let the pictures do the talking. I'm amazed at the quality of detail on this!

Superman-Final-Costume.jpg

My hat goes off to the costume makers there Chris....it is indeed a very great acheivement... I had a crack myself at sewing in emblem but couldn't do it. If only it could be done at 1:4 scale - maybe it could by better costumers than me, who knows. Needless to say I'm really looking forward to seeing Bobs 1:3 Reeve Superman.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back