Caesar bust

Legion

Hi, all:

Does anyone know where I can get, or perhaps know someone who might make, a bust of Julius Caesar that's accurate and inexpensive? I'm about to go on summer break, and I've pumped all my cash into buying books for a Classics Collection, and I'd like a bust of Caesar (or any other Roman, really) to decorate the top shelf.

This a link to the Latin Honor Society site that my program has, just to validate my request.

Welcome to the Robinson High School - RHS Latin Honor Society : powered by Doodlekit

Any and all advice or help is greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Guy

I found a really nice one on Amazon too.

Amazon.com: Julius Caesar Head Roman Emperor, Marble Base: Home & Garden

I contacted all four vendors, asking if they'd like to support my effort and perhaps donate a statue. Two did reply, but said they'd only rebate the shipping. It was nice of them to even reply, but I was hoping for something far cheaper as a gesture. I'm not trying to be cheap, but my wife and I had to replace a car, and I'm about to go on summer break--not to mention all the books, so I'm sadly tapped out atm.

what size you want it to be? I can take a walk downtown and see if I can find something in a gift shop. Let me know the size! Oh, I live in Rome! :)

what size you want it to be? I can take a walk downtown and see if I can find something in a gift shop. Let me know the size! Oh, I live in Rome! :)

Oh, my god....lmao! There used to be a shop near the Piazza Navona, near the remains of Domitian's Circus. I saw a fantastic bust of Cicero there once, and walked around there last summer trying to hunt down that shop. The wife didn't know why I was walking her around there...she thought I was just following her shopping. XD

There's also a shop just up the hill on the Via del Teatro Marcello from the theatre itself--more of a gift shop, really. I've been in there many times, but I doubt that would do much to request a statue from an American they wouldn't remember.

Thing is, there's so many cheap copies out there, where Augustus has a deformed head or some other oddity, for example. I'm not looking for a masterpiece, just something nice, where the students can walk in and know exactly where to go.

In any case, shipping to the states would be nuts, and if a gift shop or somewhere would be willing to donate a statue, they'd certainly require astronomical shipping, don't you think?

I wish I was in Rome now, just after a cooling rain, down in the Jewish Ghetto having some pesto gnocchi. Mmmmm.....

Cheers,

Guy

Last edited:
This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back