ANH Hero DL-44 Discussion - Three ANH Greeblies Found

Hi guys, I've read through this thread but can't find any reference to the font on the Hensoldt scope. does anybody know the font? My DEC scope has no writing at all on it. I know that previous runs did. Probably a Copyright issue. Would love to have accurate font!
Best J

I'm not sure if there was any writing on the front originally, I never put any writing on the front, the engraving on the side is only on the steel scopes.

Am I right in assuming (I was led to believe this from other solid contributors ) that the pictures of the DL-44 in the ANH gallery named "ANH_realhero_left and right " where true and accurate pictures of the prop? I assumed that the rusty parts were because the photos were taken after a prolonged time had passed since filming. Also after heatsink had fallen off. What are your beliefs?

If there is they haven’t shared them. There is some good pic’s of this original prop floating around but u have to search a little bit to find them. Lucasfilm doesn’t even own this prop. It’s not in their collection but instead it’s in someone’s lock box in London somewhere. Retirement fund is what I’ve heard it referred to.

I'm really curious about this. If it is true, who knows what condition it is in. As far as we know - or at least last I've read- the blaster was used in ROTJ too, but already looked quite different. I hope it's true, but whomever bought it is claiming it is the ANH hero specifically?

I'm really curious about this. If it is true, who knows what condition it is in. As far as we know - or at least last I've read- the blaster was used in ROTJ too, but already looked quite different. I hope it's true, but whomever bought it is claiming it is the ANH hero specifically?

It was never used in ROTJ. That was a completely different gun. Using similar looking parts like the scope specifically. The original HERO hasn’t been seen from since SW. [emoji51]

It was never used in ROTJ. That was a completely different gun. Using similar looking parts like the scope specifically. The original HERO hasn’t been seen from since SW. [emoji51]

I guess I'm behind, but the bunker blaster is not made from components of the Hero?

Regardless, this is a "I'll believe it when I see it" thing for me - but again I'm hoping it's a real lead.

Same for me. I’ll believe it myself when I see it. Highly doubt we will ever see it though. If someone does have it, it will only exchange hands privately. For the rest of us it is gone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The ANH would have been returned to Bapty and broken back down into a Mauser and returned to their gun rental stock, just as the Stormtrooper blasters were returned to plain Sterlings.

As such it's entirely possible it could've been used once again for the "Bunker blaster", the only time a firing Han blaster was used in England for ROTJ.
But it would have, again, been returned to Bapty.
There is assuredly not a screenused ANH Han hero blaster sitting in someone's home. The base mauser, mabye.

The ANH would have been returned to Bapty and broken back down into a Mauser and returned to their gun rental stock, just as the Stormtrooper blasters were returned to plain Sterlings.

As such it's entirely possible it could've been used once again for the "Bunker blaster", the only time a firing Han blaster was used in England for ROTJ.
But it would have, again, been returned to Bapty.
There is assuredly not a screenused ANH Han hero blaster sitting in someone's home. The base mauser, mabye.

When was it fires in rotj in England?

This might be complete BS but who knows. A person reached out to me on social media a while back about an encounter with someone specific who bought up a lot of old Bapty stuff as it was going out of business. He went into a lot of detail but this is where it got interesting..

“When looking through one of the containers he found ANH props, mainly E11s and what he called "Han Solo's Pistol”.

He struggled in the early years to stay in business so he sold off each blaster over the years. However he said he'd never sell the pistol as it was his "pension piece".... he kept it in a safe at home”

So take it or leave it but he did spin quite the yarn .. anything’s possible.

I have the feeling whatever this mystery person has is either vapor or a stunt version IF it is tied to the ANH blaster. Can we find anyone who has purchased the other times from this lot? That to me would at least prove there may be legs to this.

Also, not too familiar with UK gun laws at the time (or now) so pardon my ignorance, but can you just sell firearms like that?

Now, I am just being skeptical here. I REALLY REALLY hope that the ANH Hero is intact somewhere waiting for the prop world like the WorldCon blaster, but I am hesitant to drink the Kool-aid on this one for the sake of not getting my hopes up.

I'm not sure whether this helps but I have a plugfire cap Mauser ( at least I think it is) and it could date to the 60's. It's made by Hudson industries who I understand were making Mausers before MGC started making them. I'm not sure whether something like that would/could have been used as an alternative to a blank firing real gun. Here's some pics in case they're of use:

http://s220.photobucket.com/user/Andyroo162/library/Mauser

Going over reference for this blaster the other day, I noticed a small detail that everyone seems to have missed.
The two thumb nuts are STRAIGHT knurled, not diamond knurled. It appears that every single replica missed this from Master Replicas to the new movies.
I'm guessing that after MR did diamond knurl everyone else assumed they knew what was correct and copied it.
Not sure how MR missed it.

Close up of the original prop (same top view from Chronicles)
ANH_straightknurl.jpg

Dave at Dark Energy said he's in the middle of a run now and could make some with straight knurl.

I'm guessing that after MR did diamond knurl everyone else assumed they knew what was correct and copied it.

New info on these builds are always being discovered. Just like the heat sink grille it’s awesome when new info/discoveries turns up.

But ya all the MR builds shamefully have proven to be far off the mark with regards to these builds. It’s a shame that it’s inaccurate design is now “canon” thanks to the lazy prop building done in TFA. Someone should be fired [emoji109]

Going over reference for this blaster the other day, I noticed a small detail that everyone seems to have missed.
The two thumb nuts are STRAIGHT knurled, not diamond knurled. It appears that every single replica missed this from Master Replicas to the new movies.

Close up of the original prop (same top view from Chronicles)
View attachment 797213

Dave at Dark Energy said he's in the middle of a run now and could make some with straight knurl.

That's a much better version of that photo than I've ever seen.

I know Dave used to use an off the shelf part...

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back