ANH Hero DL-44 Discussion - Three ANH Greeblies Found

Weird... yeah I see what you're seeing. The bolt stop I guess has the right length but the bevels are more severe than any other I've seen.

img6230o.jpg

Yeah, I'll agree with that. The bolt stop on my MR Elite looks like the pic that Scott posted, the bevels are less severe. I actually modded the bolt stops on both my Denix and MGC by using a drum sander and a VERY steady hand. If this thing had a custom bolt stop as well, my head's gonna explode. :lol

...yeah, that's one of the stunt blasters that go on display from time to time. There are more. You can google image search. Not sure if this was the same one from the propstore sale. Not bad condition for 200k

Good evening all. After a considerable amount of time, I finally finished reading this thread. First, very impressive work on behalf of all the contributors. Well done! I admire the fantastic work done by all of you in your builds. From the Denix to the MGC and even real Mausers, there have been some wonderful builds all well documented and photographed. I love the variety from the standard working action to the live fire and sound producing models. There are truly some great artists on the site. After reading all the threads I almost feel I know some of you well you put so much of your selves into it. Next time you guys are in Maryland, the rounds are on me. There is a great Irish pub in Baltimore, Ryan's Daughter. Well, I found this website when I was thinking about my office Halloween party. I have been Han Solo before. Build my own holster and belt with a bit of pleather and Duct tape. Had to moc up a blaster with a Jango Fett toy blaster and paint. I thought it turned out well. But, I was never truly satisfied. So, I started searching for "how to build Han Solo Blaster" and stumbled on this forum. I have never joined or posted to a forum before, so, I hope this long story does not put anyone off. At first I followed the links to DEC, but, found that Dave no longer plans to produce the parts. I have looked for some parts, but, really dont want to "piece meal" a blaster. I talked to my dad. He loves to tinker in the garage now that he is retired. He has built his own lathe and router table recently for example. We believe with a little hard work and hours of fun in the shop we can make the pieces. I got a great pick with measurements for the FH I think it was posted by kpax. I will likely try to find an "off brand" scope and just cut it down for a quick prop while I wait to bump into a HW I can actually afford. I have had no luck finding a MGC, but, from what I see I would be better off buying a really weathered Mauser for around 300. However, given my budget, I will first try a Denix since I can better afford that. All the pics and discussion has been awesome. What I really would like, if it is not to much to ask, does anyone have measurements for the scope mount? I will likely make my own barrel sleeve hybrid and can't wait to post pics and see if I can get a few nods from the experts :) Anyway, I look forward to any feedback. If the measurements are already existing in a thread I missed, please forgive my noob status. Again, you guys are awesome!

Just realized I need to specify ANH Hero prop :)

Last edited:
Good evening all. After a considerable amount of time, I finally finished reading this thread. First, very impressive work on behalf of all the contributors. Well done! I admire the fantastic work done by all of you in your builds. From the Denix to the MGC and even real Mausers, there have been some wonderful builds all well documented and photographed. I love the variety from the standard working action to the live fire and sound producing models. There are truly some great artists on the site. After reading all the threads I almost feel I know some of you well you put so much of your selves into it. Next time you guys are in Maryland, the rounds are on me. There is a great Irish pub in Baltimore, Ryan's Daughter. Well, I found this website when I was thinking about my office Halloween party. I have been Han Solo before. Build my own holster and belt with a bit of pleather and Duct tape. Had to moc up a blaster with a Jango Fett toy blaster and paint. I thought it turned out well. But, I was never truly satisfied. So, I started searching for "how to build Han Solo Blaster" and stumbled on this forum. I have never joined or posted to a forum before, so, I hope this long story does not put anyone off. At first I followed the links to DEC, but, found that Dave no longer plans to produce the parts. I have looked for some parts, but, really dont want to "piece meal" a blaster. I talked to my dad. He loves to tinker in the garage now that he is retired. He has built his own lathe and router table recently for example. We believe with a little hard work and hours of fun in the shop we can make the pieces. I got a great pick with measurements for the FH I think it was posted by kpax. I will likely try to find an "off brand" scope and just cut it down for a quick prop while I wait to bump into a HW I can actually afford. I have had no luck finding a MGC, but, from what I see I would be better off buying a really weathered Mauser for around 300. However, given my budget, I will first try a Denix since I can better afford that. All the pics and discussion has been awesome. What I really would like, if it is not to much to ask, does anyone have measurements for the scope mount? I will likely make my own barrel sleeve hybrid and can't wait to post pics and see if I can get a few nods from the experts :) Anyway, I look forward to any feedback. If the measurements are already existing in a thread I missed, please forgive my noob status. Again, you guys are awesome!

Always glad to have another fellow Dl-44 enthusiast, and another member here! Yes, Dave did just finish his second third run here, though I think he still has a few leftover flash hiders and sleeve barrels on his website. If you would be at all interested, I have a spare HW scope from the third run of cast parts that I have no specific need for, and I could easily let go of it.
There's plenty of good info around here on how to accurize a Denix and make it purdier, so that's easy. If you'd like info on my spare scope hit me up w/ a PM, and I'll be happy to get you on your way.
Brace yourself for the journey, once I got in I officially lost my mind, and now I hope that I never find it. :lol

Always glad to have another fellow Dl-44 enthusiast, and another member here! Yes, Dave did just finish his second third run here, though I think he still has a few leftover flash hiders and sleeve barrels on his website. If you would be at all interested, I have a spare HW scope from the third run of cast parts that I have no specific need for, and I could easily let go of it.
There's plenty of good info around here on how to accurize a Denix and make it purdier, so that's easy. If you'd like info on my spare scope hit me up w/ a PM, and I'll be happy to get you on your way.
Brace yourself for the journey, once I got in I officially lost my mind, and now I hope that I never find it. :lol

You are not kidding about all the great pics and information bro! Seriously, you guys are real pros. I have been both impressed and inspired by the work I have seen here. I am planning on using many of the techniques you guys showed about cleaning up the Denix. I am bidding on one on ebay even now. I am really excited about the project. Plus, I got to make my dad feel good by going to him and saying "so dad, think you can teach me to use your milling machine to do a project?"

Very generous of you to offer your spare scope. Please hit me up with a PM and let me know what you need for it. I was thinking of using a vintage weaver. I know, it's not accurate. But, I was thinking it was kinda, sorta close :p Well, at least similar and would have been a start. More like what they put on a greedo killer though I think. The DEC HW looks awesome though.

Oh,also, Deadbolt sent me a pick with measurements of the scope mount. Thanks Carson BTW!

If you're bidding on a denix on ebay... let it go unless it's under $80. Amazon has them cheap: http://www.amazon.com/Broomhandled-...8&qid=1412458720&sr=8-1&keywords=denix+mauser

free shipping with Prime.

There's also a real Hensoldt for sale in the junkyard. It's priced pretty high, but it's the correct model with correct writing on the side. Wrong knob knurling, but to be perfectly honest, having a 100 year old real deal on your blaster brings something really special to the build.

That said, there's nothing at all wrong with the cast scope. It's very nice for the price, and you can weather it easily to get it prop accurate. It's the next best thing, and I'd use that over a not close looking real scope.

If you're bidding on a denix on ebay... let it go unless it's under $80. Amazon has them cheap: http://www.amazon.com/Broomhandled-...8&qid=1412458720&sr=8-1&keywords=denix+mauser

free shipping with Prime.

There's also a real Hensoldt for sale in the junkyard. It's priced pretty high, but it's the correct model with correct writing on the side. Wrong knob knurling, but to be perfectly honest, having a 100 year old real deal on your blaster brings something really special to the build.

That said, there's nothing at all wrong with the cast scope. It's very nice for the price, and you can weather it easily to get it prop accurate. It's the next best thing, and I'd use that over a not close looking real scope.

Thank you for the advice Scottjua. Your builds were some of my favorites. As for the Denix, ya, I may have to resort to Amazon. But, the one I was looking at started at 50$ and I am hoping not to get too much competition LOL.

As for the scope, if Vanitas and I can work something out, then I would like to use his cast scope in the interim while I wait for a scope that is more reasonably prices. Perhaps 900 err now 800$ is a typical price. But, I sincerely hope not. I intend to check all the gun shows and pawn shops for a while and see what I can come up with. I don't know about the rest of the group, but, i'm just a blue collar guy. I cannot drop several hundred dollars on a scope and not think twice. That being said, I am trying to find out just what the "sweet spot" is and when I get the chance I hope to buy on the low side :) I might even be lucky to find a MGC version one day. But, more likely i will buy a worn out real Mauser for around 300 once i get the opportunity.

So,I appreciated Vanitas offering me his left over from the DEC run. I would even welcome a left over scope mount if someone had it LOL I believe Dad and I can do a great job on the FH and barrel sleeve and it will be fun.

BTW Scott, your video on the sound build was awesome. I love how you managed to keep the charging port flush with the frame.

Thank you for the advice Scottjua. Your builds were some of my favorites. As for the Denix, ya, I may have to resort to Amazon. But, the one I was looking at started at 50$ and I am hoping not to get too much competition LOL.

As for the scope, if Vanitas and I can work something out, then I would like to use his cast scope in the interim while I wait for a scope that is more reasonably prices. Perhaps 900 err now 800$ is a typical price. But, I sincerely hope not. I intend to check all the gun shows and pawn shops for a while and see what I can come up with. I don't know about the rest of the group, but, i'm just a blue collar guy. I cannot drop several hundred dollars on a scope and not think twice. That being said, I am trying to find out just what the "sweet spot" is and when I get the chance I hope to buy on the low side :) I might even be lucky to find a MGC version one day. But, more likely i will buy a worn out real Mauser for around 300 once i get the opportunity.

So,I appreciated Vanitas offering me his left over from the DEC run. I would even welcome a left over scope mount if someone had it LOL I believe Dad and I can do a great job on the FH and barrel sleeve and it will be fun.

BTW Scott, your video on the sound build was awesome. I love how you managed to keep the charging port flush with the frame.

I can PM you tomorrow Bazil, I just need my sleep for tonight. I can PM you in the afternoon, if you'd like. I DO have some extra bits here and there as well, mostly a cast Flash Hider as well, but I can provide a full and better list then. As a secondary note, I have seen real Hensoldt 3X Scopes sell for around the $500 ~ $600 range in the near past, so it all depends on where you can find them, the condition, and how accurate they are.

I know this is a (a new hope dl-44 thread) but I saw something when we were cleaning are battery in are car to give it some juice, it looks mighty familiar dont ya think? I know its not exact but it looks to close to ignore. I'm referring to Han solo's flash hider from esb

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1413847364072.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1413847364072.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 138
I mean, aside from some knurling and it being a shiny cylindrical part, there's no real connection that I see.

Funnily enough, when I did my first crack at the ESB Blaster back in 1980-something a battery terminal cleaner is exactly what I used to try and make the M-19 scope! I might still have it somewhere lol

Cheers!

Dave

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back