ANH Hero DL-44 Discussion - Three ANH Greeblies Found

I was actually waiting all week for somebody else to post a comment so that I wouldn't have to do multiple posts in a row, but I got impatient. :lol It really takes you back though... remember when the bull barrel was still being contended as to whether or not it was flat or round bottomed? Feels like forever ago. :darnkids

now if we could only see the photos of the mystery disk!!!!!!!!!!!!

We can all dream bro, we can all dream. :lol Unless the original ever surfaces, or LFL pulls the flagpole out of their *** and releases their better pics of the DL-44, we can only postulate. Besides, if we ever figure out the Mystery Disc 100% for sure, then it couldn't really be called the "Mystery" Disc anymore, would it? ;)

well there ARE pictures of it... we just can't see them. Only one or two people have the license to see those, and no real purpose to show anyone. So unless someone else gets the license to do a Chronicles type book, we're just going to be left in the dark I think.

That's my point - I don't see any reason as to why LFL requires a license to see some photographs of specific props - they closely guard their archives, for whatever reason, so I'm just trying to understand WHY. Then again, with the new Star Wars coming out in a while, perhaps there MIGHT be new interest in the LFL archives.

They must be working with Area 51 to cover up an alien-related conspiracy or something.

Could someone put up a link the the original DEC build, I can't seem to find it and would love to read through it, that was before I arrived ;)

That scope mount was custom made right? I'm starting to think its not since I saw something like this uploadfromtaptalk1406208588596.jpg now I'm aware it's not the correct one but it got me thinking. thoughts?

The general consensus is that is indeed a custom made mount. It is in the typical German style of mounts, though no match has ever been found in any catalogue or online auction of any kind.

I personally always assumed that it was custom made for the Sitting Target movie by Bapty, or if not made for them, then a custom mount that they had laying around their supplies and decided to rent them for the making of the movie.

It is possible that it is a known mount out there, if it is, then it is VERY likely that there were only a few ever made, otherwise, it would have probably have been identified by now. After all, the MG81 Flash Hiders were identified, and real ones are EXTREEMLY rare, as only a few of them were ever made too - It's improbable, but not impossible that a matching mount is out there.

If there were enough interest I'm sure Dave would do a run. Prob need 25 give or take if anyone wanted to start an interest thread.

It'd be nice if he did. Kind of wishing I had popped for his replica of the scope. My original is good but part of me wouldn't mind having one that is closer without having to pay for another one of the real deals lol.

In other news, I've also joined the "I bought cylinders from Reade Models club" :) The transaction was very smooth and delivery only took a week.

I'd really like that too - an accurate steel - or even aluminum - scope mount would be an excellent upgrade to my run 3 mount. Originally, I wouldn't have minded having all run 3 parts, as I was originally going to use a Denix, but having bought two MGCs, now I kinda want the best parts to be on a better base - that's why I'm using my alu flash hider and run 2 steel scope that I bought from somebody awesome here.

And welcome to the cult, Brother Dcarty! :lol

I've got a second MGC in good condition that I'm not 100% sure what to do with it. I've already done some mods to it, ie, reshaping trigger, sanding the slide down, sanding the hammer smooth, sanding down the sight ramp, and sanding down the back of the internal frame, as a real Mauser has those parts white blued. Besides, doing that removed all the pitting from poor casting and leveled out any casting lines, which there were. They could also be re-blued with Birchwood Casey chemicals, if one doesn't like the look.

I could entertain offers of selling it, but it wouldn't come cheap, especially with the work I've put into it.

Would anybody else also like the planned run of accurate, machined Mausers to happen? I remember there being some nice CAD models of them that were planned to be offered as a run of accurate to a real Mauser in terms of detail and scale, have moving components, and at the same, or less than the cost of an average MGC? The idea was, sadly, dropped, due to a lack of interest at the time, but I would LOVE it if this were to happen now, or at least, soon.

If the flat bottomed bull barrel could be machined as a part of the entire upper receiver, like the Master Replicas ANH Elite Edition as an extra option too, then that would be even better - it could then be used to make the ANH hero, the cast ESB stunt blaster, and the ROTJ bunker blaster too.

Why won't this happen? :cry

SOLD!

That's awesome man, I REALLY hope that something like these will become available in the future. Perhaps even something that will fit an MGC or a real Mauser?

Keep the good work coming, and I'll have no choice but to get one from you in the future! :D:thumbsup

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back