Officially Licensed: DAREDEVIL Movie Replica Suit. Customer Pics Added 4/21

Re: Officially Licensed: DAREDEVIL Movie Replica Motorcycle Suit

Man, I thought I was going to be able to keep my spending in check a little more this year, but DD is my all time favorite comic book character, and having the TDK suit, I know it would be impossible for me to feel disappointed in the quality of UD replicas suit. I am probably going to have to get one of these. Watching the site for updates and trying to convince my wallet to remain calm while I prepare to ravage it. :)

Man, I thought I was going to be able to keep my spending in check a little more this year, but DD is my all time favorite comic book character, and having the TDK suit, I know it would be impossible for me to feel disappointed in the quality of UD replicas suit. I am probably going to have to get one of these. Watching the site for updates and trying to convince my wallet to remain calm while I prepare to ravage it. :)

Your post has WIN written all over it.
Thanks bud!

David

Even if someone viewing our products feels they're just not for them per say, we still hope that they're left with the impression that we're in it for the long haul, and that these goods are worthy of the respected label "Movie Replica"

Since you like to know things like this:

I didn't love the DD film or the suit design (it's a cool design in and of itself, but it wasn't DD to me) but I'm shocked that these aren't pictures of the screen suit and part of me wants this without even loving the film it came from. Incredible work, as always.

While i really hated what they did with Daredevil in the movie i loved what they did with his costume.
Like Dave said the leather suits were made for you to replicate and you did a amazing job once more!
If only i had more cash to spend...

Have you ever thought about incorporating some sort of mask or goggles concept to use for your suits? I know its not practical or even safe, just something cool to see with these spot on suits.

Looks awesome! Amazing work!!!!

.... Maybe 7ish years late though? hehehe

The DD movie suits were originally influenced by motorcycle. And now it becomes motorcycle wear. The circle is complete. :)

Absolutely BEAUTIFUL David. Great work again - this thing is perfectly up your alley... amazing again.

Dare I say it even looks better than the screen used suit?

5e49146e.jpg
Daredevil.jpg

Nick

Since you like to know things like this:

I didn't love the DD film or the suit design (it's a cool design in and of itself, but it wasn't DD to me) but I'm shocked that these aren't pictures of the screen suit and part of me wants this without even loving the film it came from. Incredible work, as always.
westies,
Have you checked out the director's cut of Daredevil? It's much better than the theatrical release, which I didn't care for. TPTB at Fox actually cut plot and character development out of the initial version. :angry

I'm hoping Warner Bros. releases a director's cut of Green Lantern, which feels like there's a much better film lurking inside of the uneven, rambling mess that's in theatres right now.

Can barely wait for UD Replicas Daredevil motorcycle suit, which I've anticipated ever since I heard it was in development.
Thom

I'm a fan of the character, so I actually picked up the director's cut on DVD when it came out. I agree that it's better, but there's still something off the mark about the whole production for me. Elektra, Kingpin, and Bullseye are wholly wrong. There's an ever-present sadness in Daredevil's stories that I think they grasped for and missed, as well. Finally, I like Ben Affleck, but he's just not Matt Murdock/DD. Too big. Not "off" to the right degree (I think Murdock should have a slightly odd quality about him). Most importantly, he's just not graceful enough. Daredevil's powers are sensory - for him to do what he does physically should be impossible. I think it needs to be presented as a much more refined sort of athleticism. Part of it is Affleck's size, but he comes across as clunky to me.

Sorry for the aside/review! Back on topic: I agree with the above post, the replica DOES look better than the original! Incredible work.

I actually liked the directors cut. And the suit is gorgeous! are you selling it all in pieces, or just as is?

David, the suit just looks simply amazing!!! Fantastic work....it certainly does look so much better than the suit from the movie itself :thumbsup

I'm a fan of the character, so I actually picked up the director's cut on DVD when it came out. I agree that it's better, but there's still something off the mark about the whole production for me. Elektra, Kingpin, and Bullseye are wholly wrong. There's an ever-present sadness in Daredevil's stories that I think they grasped for and missed, as well. Finally, I like Ben Affleck, but he's just not Matt Murdock/DD. Too big. Not "off" to the right degree (I think Murdock should have a slightly odd quality about him). Most importantly, he's just not graceful enough. Daredevil's powers are sensory - for him to do what he does physically should be impossible. I think it needs to be presented as a much more refined sort of athleticism. Part of it is Affleck's size, but he comes across as clunky to me.

Sorry for the aside/review! Back on topic: I agree with the above post, the replica DOES look better than the original! Incredible work.
westies,
Fair enough. I've been a mild Daredevil fan for years and hated nearly everything about the theatrical release--the direction, the writing, the editing, etc.--except for the cast and the costume for "ol' hornhead." Thus, I was pleasantly surprised when I finally checked out the director's cut and learned many of my concerns had been addressed with the re-edit. (God willing, Warner Bros. will do something similar for Green Lantern on home video, but that's a different, longer discussion.)

I saw Affleck at a Writers Guild screening of The Town earlier this year, BTW, and was surprised to learn he is my height--5' 11". That said, his buddy Matt Damon might have made a better Matt Murdock.

Nevertheless, David Pea does amazing work, and I will gladly plunk down the coin to buy UD Replicas' DD suit when it's available. :cool
Thom

Afflecks only 5'11"? Man, I feel so tall now!

I concur that the directors cut was much better. It was almost a different movie. Just goes to show how much influence the studio suits have over the final cut of a movie before it is released. Kinda sad.

But who cares. the suit looks ridiculously good, and I can't wait to get one. I just need to figure out how to deal with the cowl.

Yeah, I think David needs to make a "red leather helmet liner". ;)

Afflecks only 5'11"? Man, I feel so tall now!

I concur that the directors cut was much better. It was almost a different movie. Just goes to show how much influence the studio suits have over the final cut of a movie before it is released. Kinda sad.

But who cares. the suit looks ridiculously good, and I can't wait to get one. I just need to figure out how to deal with the cowl.

I assume from previous postings that his licensing doesn't allow for much deviation and his work is so good on his suits that he isn't going to risk anything pushing boundaries. Which is why I planned to place a request for enough match dyed leather material to cover a mask to go with my suit order. I wish UD could do the whole suit, head to toe, but being a jaded adult whole handles stupid legal contracts for a living I have an idea why UD has to be very careful about their business.

I assume from previous postings that his licensing doesn't allow for much deviation and his work is so good on his suits that he isn't going to risk anything pushing boundaries. Which is why I planned to place a request for enough match dyed leather material to cover a mask to go with my suit order. I wish UD could do the whole suit, head to toe, but being a jaded adult whole handles stupid legal contracts for a living I have an idea why UD has to be very careful about their business.

Thanks bud, and there's a lot of truth to your post.
The fact of the matter is, although we work hard...very hard to make these outfits look like THE screen used 'costumes'...the reality is that our products are classified as Movie Replica 'Motorcycle Suits'...which in itself is not a costume.
This is why we don't offer masks or capes. Back Packs, Belts and Utility Pouches in some cases are possible because they not only complete the look of the desired character, but have the much needed function of storage.

By that same token, we're not able to offer leather hides themselves because we only offer finished goods.

We've been very fortunate especially with the support you've all shown us through the years, and thanks to this support we've been able to grow and expand to include much more...but the fundamental basis of the product/s we produce are themselves very specific....but we stop at nothing to earn your respect with every single product introduced at UD Replicas.

That said, this suit should be on display at SDCC this year....:cool

Once more I wish to thank you all for the vote of confidence and your ongoing support. It would be very hard to imagine producing this kind of product without it.....(y)thumbsup:thumbsup

David

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back