What kind of backpack does Marty use?

Yeah, I've made some researches, but it's a bit annoying to spend $30+ for another bag just for the label, eeeerk harsh life xD!

Anyway, did you get my messages Roland or not? :x

I can't find an affordable one with the orange logo, it's always red :(

I just bought a darker brown for the leather restorer, so hopefully it will look better xD

Last edited:
I wouldn't sweat the color of the logo. I have noticed that the color on the correct Eastpak logo often appears orangeish against the maroon/red of the backpack itself. The entire film appears very warmly colored and I'm sure all of our old packs spent some time fading in the sun. Impossible to prove one way or another in my opinion but I can guarantee the zipper pulls on Marty's bag are chrome and not black.

I have one of these also with but with black zippers and a padded interior back panel in yellow. What color is yours? Marty's? I have seen grey and turquoise on eBay before.

George Costanza on Seinfeld has a blue one just like Marty's. A popular and durable film production favorite? Probably just a coincidence!

Well the zippers on the bag are black I think only the zips are chrome!
The interior of my bag? Well it's red, it's just like the colour of the exterior :)
The padded part inside the bag and for the back seems to be some sort of blue yeah ^^' Like a bit dark

Sorry, I meant just the zips and not the zippers too. Though maybe its just glare off of gloss black. Eastpak still males this style backpack. Probably lots of crossover on the hardware and patches. Here is mine with the yellow lining. Matches the board pretty good.

image-1_zpsab006bb6.jpg

Ok so I re restored the leather hehe, and took a picture of the inside too, so you can see :)

395702_651310861550901_736764096_n.jpg

Just to show you the comparison, this is how I got it:

397947_651329644882356_684944570_n.jpg

Last edited:
Wow you really cleaned that up! Looks brand new. ;)

Next time I'm at the flea market Ill look for something with the newer Eastpak logo/patch for you. There's always a fanny pack no one wants.

Looks like Marty wrapped electrical or Gaffers tape around the two straps to join them as one. I was thinking of doing the same.

Looks like Marty wrapped electrical or Gaffers tape around the two straps to join them as one. I was thinking of doing the same.

Yup I rewatched the movie earlier, and I realized this, there's some sort of tape around one strap XD! And I was thinking of doing the same too haha!
*And thanks! That's super nice of you, but I rather would like to find a vintage one with the orange design, I found some, but the bags themselves are like $50 or $70 xD! Sucks haha

I see what you mean now about the red vs orange on the Eastpak logo. Ill keep my eyes open. I agree, not worth it at that price!

I wouldn't sweat the color of the logo. I have noticed that the color on the correct Eastpak logo often appears orangeish against the maroon/red of the backpack itself. The entire film appears very warmly colored and I'm sure all of our old packs spent some time fading in the sun. Impossible to prove one way or another in my opinion but I can guarantee the zipper pulls on Marty's bag are chrome and not black.

I have one of these also with but with black zippers and a padded interior back panel in yellow. What color is yours? Marty's? I have seen grey and turquoise on eBay before.

George Costanza on Seinfeld has a blue one just like Marty's. A popular and durable film production favorite? Probably just a coincidence!

Here are more detail pics of my bag: the logo color is actually orange, not red. The zippers are black and the zipper pulls are chrome. The back panel of the interior has the same maroon color as the the bag itself.

Click to enlarge:

eastpak7.jpg

eastpak8.jpg

20160625_212016.png
20160625_211947.png

Is this one even worth it ?? $100 plus $40 Postage. It doesn't have red backing nor the black shoulder straps, but its proving impossible to locate an identical.

Don't bother with that one. The construction is a different configuration than the original, that will prevent you from accurately mono-ing the straps.

For $140 I'd sell you the one in my image at the top of the page.

Hi guy!! I´m JuanMa.I´m spaniard an new in the community.English is not my native languaje, so i´m sorry if i make mistakes.I have the merlot model that Nostalgic has shown .It´s completly different than 630 model.A few days ago i bought this backpak.I think is pretty occurate than movie´s model(except the logo and colour) but i like it.
24lo5dl.jpg

4tndeg.jpg

I would like find the 630 model in red, but it´s not easy.The reedition is not 100% occurate.The back side is black and it hasn´t mono-ing straps.I read that a good tailor could change the straps, but i´m not sure.Could a good tailor change my merlot model to mono-ing straps?? I doubt it!!
If someone have one 630 model in red for sail, please let me know.Thank you and thank you for accepting me into the group.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back